- Majority of threats made since El Paso and Dayton shootings have been made online Thursday 8:00 PM
- Miley Cyrus tweets about cheating allegations and penis cake drama Thursday 6:32 PM
- ‘The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance’ dazzles with a timely tale Thursday 6:00 PM
- The DOJ emailed a white nationalist blog post to immigration judges Thursday 5:31 PM
- The Amazon rainforest is on fire–and people are using memes to cope Thursday 4:11 PM
- Microsoft contractors listened in on Xbox users Thursday 2:15 PM
- Anti-vaxxer assaults pro-vaccine lawmaker on Facebook Live (updated) Thursday 2:15 PM
- Oreos licked by singer Lewis Capaldi are being auctioned off on eBay Thursday 1:54 PM
- Zach Braff predicted Sean Spicer would be on ‘Dancing With the Stars’ 2 years ago Thursday 1:38 PM
- NYPD sergeant who watched Eric Garner die punished with lost vacation days Thursday 1:27 PM
- Brie Larson haters have a meltdown over a joke about Thor’s hammer Thursday 1:26 PM
- This comedian attempted to make fun of women on Twitter—and it did not go over well Thursday 1:04 PM
- Logan Paul wants to help the Amazon rainforest Thursday 12:36 PM
- Nutaku announces redesign and filters for LGBTQ porn games (updated) Thursday 12:25 PM
- This video of dozens of inflatable mattresses taking off in the wind is perfect Thursday 12:20 PM
Infamous former Myspace queen and reality TV star Tila Tequila was suspended on Monday from Twitter due to several occurrences of hate speech. Tequila has used the social media platform to title herself as the “Alt-reich queen! Literally Hitler!” and her ban does not come as a surprise to those following her social media timeline of pejorative, anti-Semitic comments.
Over the weekend, the Singapore-born, Vietnamese star posted a photo alongside two men, ostentatiously showing off her best Nazi-styled salute. The photo, captioned “Seig heil!” was shot at a mini convention for the alt-right-leaning National Policy Institute in Washington, D.C.
In the past, Tequila has expressed adoration for Adolf Hitler by praising him and Nazism numerous times on her social media accounts. She’s even gone so far to declare Hitler as her “boo,” stating that she wished she could use necromancy to bring him back to life.
Tequila has been placed in social media shadows before, with Facebook pursuing a 30-day ban after she posted a digitally altered image of her standing proudly in front of Auschwitz, sporting a swastika armband in 2013.
Since the peak of her celebrity status with the MTV dating show A Shot at Love with Tila Tequila, the Houston-raised celebrity has kept up with her notorious social media presence. One that’s been diminished to platform bans and suspensions.
Dahlia Dandashi is a multimedia content producer. Her work has been published at the Austin American-Statesman and Viceland. An Arab-American raised in Dubai, she is based in Austin, Texas.