- West Virginia corrections employees suspended after Nazi salute photo surfaces Thursday 8:02 PM
- Here are the 15 best Eddie Murphy movies available to stream Thursday 7:56 PM
- Ex-InfoWars video editor admits to making up Islamophobic stories Thursday 6:55 PM
- WhatsApp accounts deleted amid Kashmir internet blackout Thursday 6:21 PM
- Guy gets mocked for tattoo of Baby Yoda drinking White Claw Thursday 6:18 PM
- Spotify Wrapped has people asking just how much it knows about us Thursday 5:50 PM
- Instagram account allegedly asked for inappropriate photos of children Thursday 5:16 PM
- How to stream ‘Boys vs. Bears on Thursday Night Football Thursday 4:33 PM
- Woman caught her boyfriend cheating through his Fitbit Thursday 4:29 PM
- The Pete Buttigieg ‘High Hopes’ dance was designed by an intern Thursday 4:17 PM
- TikTok admits to hiding content made by fat, LGBTQ, and disabled users Thursday 3:58 PM
- ‘Merry Happy Whatever’ is an unoriginal sitcom with plenty of holiday cheer Thursday 3:55 PM
- The ‘Pod Save America’ Bros are losing it over Joe Biden’s newest ad Thursday 3:28 PM
- Van Halen had a wholesome response in defense of Billie Eilish Thursday 3:15 PM
- Influencer faces wrath of K-pop fans after her son played with penis-shaped soap Thursday 1:27 PM
Jimmy Garoppolo is the savior of the San Francisco 49ers. He signed a five-year, $137.5 million contract in the offseason. There’s a ton of pressure on the 26-year-old to not only erase the memory of the proud franchise’s recent failures but to make fans forget about the controversial 2017 where people paid way more attention to everything that happened before kickoff.
In other words, the 49ers want Garoppolo to stay out of the spotlight for anything other than football.
San Francisco’s most high-profile bachelor spent Wednesday night in Beverly Hills, California, on a date with an adult film superstar. TMZ spotted Garoppolo sipping wine and sharing conversation with porn star Kiara Mia. The pair walked arm-in-arm out of Avra restaurant—and the internet is losing it.
Who is Kiara Mia?
If you’re at the office, you may not want to peruse her work. According to her Twitter profile, she’s “an international porn star” who’s now out of retirement. Her IMDb page notes that Kiara Mia was born on Jan. 24, 1977, in West Hollywood, California.
These days she’s leading a renaissance of women-owned adult entertainment projects. Her Instagram and Twitter boast more than 3 million total followers. Fans can subscribe to her private Snapchat, and she sells sex-positive products via her social media. You can even advertise your business on her Instagram and Snapchat and reach “over 2 million men.”
She’s an influencer, in other words, but the NSFW component to her work means that few openly acknowledge her star power. That is until the NFL, a monolith of traditional American values, took notice this week. On Friday morning, she became the highest-searched name on Google in the U.S.
Mia’s Instagram is littered with shaming sports fans who think she’s going to somehow ruin Garoppolo’s career, and offer comments like “leave Jimmy G alone!” Think back to when Dallas Cowboys QB Tony Romo lost a 2008 playoff game after going on vacation with then-girlfriend Jessica Simpson… and fans blamed her.
While fans are worried that Garoppolo’s extracurricular activities could hurt his performance on the field, team brass and the quarterback’s inner circle might be concerned with how the spectacle could damage the NFL’s “next Tom Brady” and his image on Madison Avenue.
CBS San Francisco contacted a sports marketing expert who claimed the quarterback’s life off the field won’t go unnoticed by major brands. “He’s got pretty much the perfect image for the Bay Area right now,” marketing expert Bob Dorfman told CBS. “What this does is it may hurt him a little bit with certain marketers who say, ‘I don’t want to date a guy who’s dating a porn star.’”
But while marketing experts think Garoppolo’s dating preference might cause an issue, Mark Cuban believes the entire story is a non-issue.
NFL experts are already calling Garoppolo the future of the league, and he’s not the first high-profile athlete to court an adult film star. Ultimately, Garoppolo’s performance on Sundays will be all that matters to fans and the 49ers front office.
In the meanwhile, Mia has become a mainstream star.
H/T TMZ Sports
Chris Illuminati is an author and reporter whose work for the Daily Dot focuses on meme culture. His work has been published in Rolling Stone, FanSided, BroBible, Penthouse, and AskMen.