- How to stream Eagles vs. Ravens in NFL preseason action 4 Years Ago
- How to create your very own Instagram hoax 4 Years Ago
- ‘Spider-Man’ fans want to ‘storm’ Sony’s office in New York to protest him leaving the MCU 4 Years Ago
- White House proposing ‘Minority Report’-style office to use data to predict crime 4 Years Ago
- Streamer OnlyUseMeBlade accused of sexually assaulting a sleeping woman 4 Years Ago
- How to stream Raiders vs. Packers in NFL preseason action Today 10:07 AM
- Say hello to ‘antira,’ the far-right’s answer to antifa Today 9:28 AM
- Bernie Sanders proposes sweeping plan to combat climate change Today 9:11 AM
- Is ‘Save Spider-Man from Sony’ fueled by pro-Disney bots? Today 8:41 AM
- ‘Jawline’ takes a stunning look at influencers and the social media gold rush Today 7:00 AM
- Here’s what’s coming and going on Netflix in September 2019 Today 6:58 AM
- The biggest conspiracy theories around Area 51 Today 6:30 AM
- How to listen to YouTube music in the background on your phone Today 6:00 AM
- Lyft received a whopping 7 sexual assault lawsuits in a day Wednesday 10:00 PM
- High school reopens investigation into Nazi salute video after other racist videos emerge Wednesday 7:14 PM
Take a moment and try to imagine how Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson spent his Labor Day weekend. Was he doing something heroic, dreamy, or agonizingly heartwarming?
Yes. Yes to all three of those things.
Thanks to a recent Instagram post, we now know that The Rock not only adopted two adorable puppies this weekend, but he also wound up rescuing one of them from drowning—by jumping, fully clothed, into a pool after the puppy decided to go for an impromptu swim and sank to the bottom.
So, now we have this photo of The Rock smiling widely in a wet t-shirt while holding a puppy in each hand. You’re welcome, Internet.
Here’s a fun Labor Day weekend story… We just decided to add two new members to our Johnson family. Baby French Bulldogs. In my right hand is BRUTUS and in my left hand is HOBBS. Bring them home and immediately take them outside so they can start learning how to “handle their business and potty like big boys”. I set them both down and they both take off in a full sprint and fall right into the deep end of our pool. HOBBS immediately starts doggy paddling while BRUTUS (like a brick) sink heads first to the bottom of the pool. I take off into a full sprint, fully clothed, dive in the pool, swim to the bottom, rescue my brick, I mean BRUTUS and bring him back to the edge of the pool. He was a little delirious.. took a moment, threw up all the water he swallowed and looked up at me as if to say, “Thank God you didn’t have to give me mouth to mouth!” and then ran off to play with his brother. A few lessons I’ve learned today.. A) Not all puppies have the instinct to doggie paddle. B) Some puppies (like BRUTUS) will be so in shock by experiencing water they will sink extremely fast so react quick. C) While spiriting to save your puppies life, before you dive in, try and throw your cel phone to safety. Don’t keep it in your pocket… like I did. #BRUTUSLives #HOBBSCanSwim #MyCelPhonesDead #AndNoMouthToMouthNeeded #HappyLaborDay
A photo posted by therock (@therock) on
Photo via The Rock/Instagram
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor