- Yes, Tifa’s breasts are smaller in Final Fantasy 7 Remake. Here’s why Today 1:33 PM
- Google admits bug could let people spy on Nest cameras Today 1:29 PM
- The Trump 2020 bot campaign has begun Today 1:10 PM
- Here’s what’s coming and going on Netflix in July 2019 Today 12:39 PM
- Suicides in the U.S. are increasing at terrifying rates Today 12:32 PM
- Hannah’s season of ‘The Bachelorette’ goes up in smoke amid drama, receipts Today 12:27 PM
- Homophobic pastor blocked from hosting event at Cracker Barrel Today 12:01 PM
- Here’s what’s coming to Amazon Prime in July 2019 Today 12:01 PM
- Biden faces backlash for remarks about working with segregationist senators Today 10:58 AM
- J.J. Abrams’ 20-year-old son is writing Marvel’s new Spider-Man comic Today 10:55 AM
- Oops: Christians petition Netflix to cancel Amazon Prime’s ‘Good Omens’ Today 10:12 AM
- Popular YouTuber threatens suicide on social media, goes missing Today 9:17 AM
- ‘Neon Genesis Evangelion’ is finally coming to Netflix Today 9:07 AM
- Congress isn’t too keen on Facebook starting a cryptocurrency Today 8:56 AM
- Keanu Reeves could join the MCU, according to Kevin Feige Today 8:02 AM
‘The Office’ just had another cast reunion—and fans hope a reboot is in the works
It’s been half a decade since NBC’s The Office premiered its series finale, and a cast reunion photo has Twitter wondering whether a reboot is on the way.
On Sunday morning, The Office creator Greg Daniels hosted 10 cast members at his house, pulling together Ed Helms, Jenna Fischer, Angela Kinsey, Rainn Wilson, Creed Bratton, Brian Baumgartner, Phyllis Smith, Leslie David Baker, Paul Lieberstein, and Oscar Nunez.
“Some of the old gang got together today… it was so great to see everyone!” Kinsey tweeted. “I turned to Ed and said, ‘I feel like we are at a family reunion.’ He smiled and said, ‘We are.'”
Some of the old gang got together today… it was so great to see everyone! I turned to Ed and said, “I feel like we are at a family reunion.” He smiled and said, “We are.” ❤️ Thanks Greg for hosting! For those who couldn’t make it… you were missed! pic.twitter.com/DwF42lNGHk
— Angela Kinsey (@AngelaKinsey) December 3, 2018
— Jenna Fischer (@jennafischer) December 3, 2018
We were attempting to recreate this photo 🙂 Happy Holidays! We missed you Steve, Ellie, John, BJ, Mindy, Craig and Kate! We will see you soon! pic.twitter.com/P1kvaxn8FS
— Jenna Fischer (@jennafischer) December 3, 2018
But Fischer’s tweet in particular raised eyebrows. After posting the original Office Christmas photo, Fischer gave a shout out to the cast members missing from the reunion—including Steve Carell—and said “We will see you soon!”
Fans began speculating what Fischer meant by the phrase, mostly by posting Office GIFs.
me jumping to conclusions @ “see you soon” pic.twitter.com/ZVxaodMdZP
— mikasa (@mikasa22) December 3, 2018
“We will see you soon” pic.twitter.com/GSoe4BMlXa
— Yolanda (@acmswish) December 3, 2018
— Derek V (@DerekMichaelV) December 3, 2018
— J. (@jessicahhhh) December 3, 2018
— Diana0097 (@JEV7800) December 3, 2018
"We will see you soon!" 😏 Please don't tease us like that, just tell us if there is a reboot!!!!!! pic.twitter.com/8FOGzn0EeQ
— Ashley Adrian (@AshleyRAdrian) December 3, 2018
Others were just happy to see a huge portion of the cast back together, even if Steve Carell, Craig Robinson, John Krasinski were missing.
— Eric Flores (@needbefreed) December 3, 2018
Darryl and Jim definitely snuck away to Poor Richard’s pic.twitter.com/8gd2j6RhNX
— Finger Roll Jones (@ItsBradyDude) December 3, 2018
Me right now after seeing them together after a long time. pic.twitter.com/J5OfkU90Rr
— Bijay Jarga (@bijay_jarga) December 3, 2018
— season’s yeetings (@palfriendpatine) December 3, 2018
— Johnathon Poppe (@JPop942) December 3, 2018
No matter what’s going on with The Office, everyone can agree on one thing: Toby shouldn’t be there. He’s not part of the Office family.
Why is Toby there if it's a FAMILY reunion? Toby is in HR, which technically means he works for corporate, so he's really not a part of our family. Also, he's divorced, so he's really not a part of his family.
— Mike Anderson (@VUmander) December 3, 2018
— Leslie Hopp (@MrsHopp126) December 3, 2018
- The best anime on Netflix
- Ranking the best Marvel series on Netflix
- The complete schedule of upcoming Pixar movies
As for whether a reboot for The Office is on the way, NBC was reportedly “in talks” last year to bring back the series, according to Entertainment Weekly. If so, the revival would star some original cast members as well as newcomers to the series, although Carell would reportedly be missing.
That said, Helms, Fischer, and Ellie Kemper joined Carell for his recent Saturday Night Live monologue, begging him to join an Office reboot for “that money.” While fans continue to wonder what’s in store next, the show’s cast isn’t afraid to come together again informally—even if it isn’t for a remake.
Ana Valens is a reporter specializing in online queer communities, marginalized identities, and adult content creation. She is Daily Dot's Trans/Sex columnist. Her work has appeared at Waypoint, Truthout, Bitch Media, Kill Screen, Rolling Stone's Glixel, and the Toast. She lives in Brooklyn, New York.