- ‘The Fix’ is another talk show Hail Mary from Netflix 2 Weeks Ago
- 2018 was the year the ‘alt-right’ failed 2 Weeks Ago
- The best Italian movies on Netflix 2 Weeks Ago
- How to stream the 2018 college bowl games 2 Weeks Ago
- Miss USA thought everyone spoke English—and the internet is not amused Thursday 8:02 PM
- Kanye’s Twitter tirade prompts apology from Drake Thursday 6:00 PM
- Listen to Pitbull cover Toto’s ‘Africa’ for the ‘Aquaman’ soundtrack—or don’t Thursday 4:55 PM
- Nancy Pelosi’s coat is the meme the resistance needed Thursday 4:39 PM
- Oprah says what was really on her mind while she ate bland chicken Thursday 4:00 PM
- Democrats predicted to go in on net neutrality when they take House Thursday 3:33 PM
- Holland Tunnel decorations are a real nightmare before Christmas Thursday 2:12 PM
- Amazon still won’t say whether ICE uses its facial recognition tech Thursday 1:13 PM
- Ninja to host Thursday Night Football Thursday 12:00 PM
- How to stream the NFL’s Week 15 for free Thursday 12:00 PM
- An undecorated room sets off a debate on Twitter Thursday 11:42 AM
‘The Office’ just had another cast reunion—and fans hope a reboot is in the works
It’s been half a decade since NBC’s The Office premiered its series finale, and a cast reunion photo has Twitter wondering whether a reboot is on the way.
On Sunday morning, The Office creator Greg Daniels hosted 10 cast members at his house, pulling together Ed Helms, Jenna Fischer, Angela Kinsey, Rainn Wilson, Creed Bratton, Brian Baumgartner, Phyllis Smith, Leslie David Baker, Paul Lieberstein, and Oscar Nunez.
“Some of the old gang got together today… it was so great to see everyone!” Kinsey tweeted. “I turned to Ed and said, ‘I feel like we are at a family reunion.’ He smiled and said, ‘We are.'”
Some of the old gang got together today… it was so great to see everyone! I turned to Ed and said, “I feel like we are at a family reunion.” He smiled and said, “We are.” ❤️ Thanks Greg for hosting! For those who couldn’t make it… you were missed! pic.twitter.com/DwF42lNGHk
— Angela Kinsey (@AngelaKinsey) December 3, 2018
— Jenna Fischer (@jennafischer) December 3, 2018
We were attempting to recreate this photo 🙂 Happy Holidays! We missed you Steve, Ellie, John, BJ, Mindy, Craig and Kate! We will see you soon! pic.twitter.com/P1kvaxn8FS
— Jenna Fischer (@jennafischer) December 3, 2018
But Fischer’s tweet in particular raised eyebrows. After posting the original Office Christmas photo, Fischer gave a shout out to the cast members missing from the reunion—including Steve Carell—and said “We will see you soon!”
Fans began speculating what Fischer meant by the phrase, mostly by posting Office GIFs.
me jumping to conclusions @ “see you soon” pic.twitter.com/ZVxaodMdZP
— mikasa (@mikasa22) December 3, 2018
“We will see you soon” pic.twitter.com/GSoe4BMlXa
— Yolanda (@acmswish) December 3, 2018
— Derek V (@DerekMichaelV) December 3, 2018
— J. (@jessicahhhh) December 3, 2018
— Diana0097 (@JEV7800) December 3, 2018
"We will see you soon!" 😏 Please don't tease us like that, just tell us if there is a reboot!!!!!! pic.twitter.com/8FOGzn0EeQ
— Ashley Adrian (@AshleyRAdrian) December 3, 2018
Others were just happy to see a huge portion of the cast back together, even if Steve Carell, Craig Robinson, John Krasinski were missing.
— Eric Flores (@needbefreed) December 3, 2018
Darryl and Jim definitely snuck away to Poor Richard’s pic.twitter.com/8gd2j6RhNX
— Finger Roll Jones (@ItsBradyDude) December 3, 2018
Me right now after seeing them together after a long time. pic.twitter.com/J5OfkU90Rr
— Bijay Jarga (@bijay_jarga) December 3, 2018
— Britt 🌻 (@basicallyybritt) December 3, 2018
— season’s yeetings (@palfriendpatine) December 3, 2018
— Johnathon Poppe (@JPop942) December 3, 2018
— 🎅🏼 ((Fitzy)) 🎅🏼 (@TheFknLizrdKing) December 3, 2018
Florida's treating Stanley VERY well
— Victoria 🔌 (@detbensonn) December 3, 2018
No matter what’s going on with The Office, everyone can agree on one thing: Toby shouldn’t be there. He’s not part of the Office family.
Why is Toby there if it's a FAMILY reunion? Toby is in HR, which technically means he works for corporate, so he's really not a part of our family. Also, he's divorced, so he's really not a part of his family.
— Mike Anderson (@VUmander) December 3, 2018
— Leslie Hopp (@MrsHopp126) December 3, 2018
- The best anime on Netflix
- Ranking the best Marvel series on Netflix
- The complete schedule of upcoming Pixar movies
As for whether a reboot for The Office is on the way, NBC was reportedly “in talks” last year to bring back the series, according to Entertainment Weekly. If so, the revival would star some original cast members as well as newcomers to the series, although Carell would reportedly be missing.
That said, Helms, Fischer, and Ellie Kemper joined Carell for his recent Saturday Night Live monologue, begging him to join an Office reboot for “that money.” While fans continue to wonder what’s in store next, the show’s cast isn’t afraid to come together again informally—even if it isn’t for a remake.
Ana Valens is an LGBTQ reporter and essayist for the Daily Dot. Her work has previously appeared in Bitch, the Establishment, Vice's Waypoint, Rolling Stone's Glixel, and the Toast. She lives in Brooklyn, New York.