- Report: Disney yanks YouTube ad spending following child exploitation accusations Wednesday 7:56 PM
- These people are organizing Fyre Fest live-action role-play parties Wednesday 6:35 PM
- White woman berates Mexican restaurant manager for speaking Spanish Wednesday 4:12 PM
- In Pixar short ‘Kitbull,’ a cat and pit bull become unlikely friends Wednesday 3:48 PM
- Stop exploiting the Jussie Smollett case to discredit LGBTQ hate crime victims Wednesday 3:28 PM
- The best Netflix original movies of 2019 Wednesday 3:20 PM
- Pinterest is reportedly blocking vaccination searches Wednesday 2:53 PM
- Nike’s self-lacing smart sneakers malfunction days after release Wednesday 2:50 PM
- How to quickly get the Havoc weapon in Apex Legends Wednesday 2:48 PM
- The truth behind the anti-LGBTQ emoji controversy Wednesday 1:37 PM
- Tristan Thompson disables Instagram comments after reports he cheated on Khloe Kardashian Wednesday 11:25 AM
- Introducing ‘boner culture,’ this Gamergate blogger’s latest cause Wednesday 11:16 AM
- HBO debuts trailer for controversial Michael Jackson doc ‘Leaving Neverland’ Wednesday 10:46 AM
- Christian woman refuses to do taxes for lesbian married couple Wednesday 10:43 AM
- Political campaigns will be snooping on your phones in 2020 Wednesday 10:43 AM
‘The Office’ just had another cast reunion—and fans hope a reboot is in the works
It’s been half a decade since NBC’s The Office premiered its series finale, and a cast reunion photo has Twitter wondering whether a reboot is on the way.
On Sunday morning, The Office creator Greg Daniels hosted 10 cast members at his house, pulling together Ed Helms, Jenna Fischer, Angela Kinsey, Rainn Wilson, Creed Bratton, Brian Baumgartner, Phyllis Smith, Leslie David Baker, Paul Lieberstein, and Oscar Nunez.
“Some of the old gang got together today… it was so great to see everyone!” Kinsey tweeted. “I turned to Ed and said, ‘I feel like we are at a family reunion.’ He smiled and said, ‘We are.'”
Some of the old gang got together today… it was so great to see everyone! I turned to Ed and said, “I feel like we are at a family reunion.” He smiled and said, “We are.” ❤️ Thanks Greg for hosting! For those who couldn’t make it… you were missed! pic.twitter.com/DwF42lNGHk
— Angela Kinsey (@AngelaKinsey) December 3, 2018
— Jenna Fischer (@jennafischer) December 3, 2018
We were attempting to recreate this photo 🙂 Happy Holidays! We missed you Steve, Ellie, John, BJ, Mindy, Craig and Kate! We will see you soon! pic.twitter.com/P1kvaxn8FS
— Jenna Fischer (@jennafischer) December 3, 2018
But Fischer’s tweet in particular raised eyebrows. After posting the original Office Christmas photo, Fischer gave a shout out to the cast members missing from the reunion—including Steve Carell—and said “We will see you soon!”
Fans began speculating what Fischer meant by the phrase, mostly by posting Office GIFs.
me jumping to conclusions @ “see you soon” pic.twitter.com/ZVxaodMdZP
— mikasa (@mikasa22) December 3, 2018
“We will see you soon” pic.twitter.com/GSoe4BMlXa
— Yolanda (@acmswish) December 3, 2018
— Derek V (@DerekMichaelV) December 3, 2018
— J. (@jessicahhhh) December 3, 2018
— Diana0097 (@JEV7800) December 3, 2018
"We will see you soon!" 😏 Please don't tease us like that, just tell us if there is a reboot!!!!!! pic.twitter.com/8FOGzn0EeQ
— Ashley Adrian (@AshleyRAdrian) December 3, 2018
Others were just happy to see a huge portion of the cast back together, even if Steve Carell, Craig Robinson, John Krasinski were missing.
— Eric Flores (@needbefreed) December 3, 2018
Darryl and Jim definitely snuck away to Poor Richard’s pic.twitter.com/8gd2j6RhNX
— Finger Roll Jones (@ItsBradyDude) December 3, 2018
Me right now after seeing them together after a long time. pic.twitter.com/J5OfkU90Rr
— Bijay Jarga (@bijay_jarga) December 3, 2018
— Britt 🌻 (@basicallyybritt) December 3, 2018
— season’s yeetings (@palfriendpatine) December 3, 2018
— Johnathon Poppe (@JPop942) December 3, 2018
Florida's treating Stanley VERY well
— 𝑽𝒊𝒄𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒊𝒂 (@detbensonn) December 3, 2018
No matter what’s going on with The Office, everyone can agree on one thing: Toby shouldn’t be there. He’s not part of the Office family.
Why is Toby there if it's a FAMILY reunion? Toby is in HR, which technically means he works for corporate, so he's really not a part of our family. Also, he's divorced, so he's really not a part of his family.
— Mike Anderson (@VUmander) December 3, 2018
— Leslie Hopp (@MrsHopp126) December 3, 2018
- The best anime on Netflix
- Ranking the best Marvel series on Netflix
- The complete schedule of upcoming Pixar movies
As for whether a reboot for The Office is on the way, NBC was reportedly “in talks” last year to bring back the series, according to Entertainment Weekly. If so, the revival would star some original cast members as well as newcomers to the series, although Carell would reportedly be missing.
That said, Helms, Fischer, and Ellie Kemper joined Carell for his recent Saturday Night Live monologue, begging him to join an Office reboot for “that money.” While fans continue to wonder what’s in store next, the show’s cast isn’t afraid to come together again informally—even if it isn’t for a remake.
Ana Valens is an LGBTQ reporter and essayist for the Daily Dot. Her work has previously appeared in Bitch, the Establishment, Vice's Waypoint, Rolling Stone's Glixel, and the Toast. She lives in Brooklyn, New York.