- Inside the pornographic video game that took Kickstarter by storm 2 Weeks Ago
- Why everyone wants to debate AOC, and no one wants to debate Ilhan Omar 2 Weeks Ago
- How to watch the Trvl Channel online for free Today 5:30 AM
- Are we going to get a ‘Community’ movie on Netflix? Sunday 2:46 PM
- Social networking site Ravelry bans all posts that are supportive of Trump and his administration Sunday 2:07 PM
- YouTube is testing hiding its comments section Sunday 1:23 PM
- Think you have what it takes to be Beyoncé’s assistant for the day? Sunday 1:02 PM
- Facebook co-founder warns against Libra, the company’s new cryptocurrency Sunday 12:04 PM
- Missing YouTuber Etika’s belongings found alongside bridge Sunday 9:16 AM
- What is #sayfie and why do Floridians use it so much? Sunday 6:30 AM
- How to watch WWE Stomping Grounds for free Sunday 6:00 AM
- Trump tweets nightmarish video of himself being president ‘4EVA’ Saturday 3:15 PM
- The internet cannot believe how this zoo conducts its ‘escaped lion drill’ Saturday 1:39 PM
- Spotify wants to take back money from ‘overpaid’ songwriters, publishers Saturday 12:35 PM
- Mac from ‘It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia’ finally got to play catch with Chase Utley Saturday 11:23 AM
There’s a typo in Taylor Swift’s new merchandise that has fans perplexed
“Hey, kids! Spelling is fun!” Taylor Swift exclaims in her latest single, “ME!” So it’s pretty ironic that fans recently discovered a piece of Swift’s new “ME!” merchandise actually contains a spelling error.
The shirt in question was released as a limited edition purchase. It was one of several–”for 24 hours only”–pieces sold in Taylor’s store, shortly after the single first came out in April. It was printed with lyrics from the song, which should read, “You’re the only one of you, baby that’s the fun of you.”
Yet, fans are just now realizing and pointing out the egregious error.
“I’ve had this shirt for nearly a month and you’re telling me it’s had a typo THIS WHOLE TIME!!” One fan wrote on Twitter, along with a photo of the merch.
EXCUSE ME! I've had this shirt for nearly a month and you're telling me it's had a typo THIS WHOLE TIME!! pic.twitter.com/8P9p6BPMuV
— April 🦋 (@SavvyStardust) June 5, 2019
OK, so the misplaced apostrophe is actually more of a punctuation error. But, in a song that literally talks about spelling? Come on.
It wasn’t long before other Swifties were checking their own merch for the same error.
Haha I’ve had this Taylor Swift shirt for like a month & didn’t even notice the typo 😂 worst part? I spent like $55+ on a t shirt with a typo on it. SMH pic.twitter.com/xx122gNWQj
— ohhhaykayla (@ohhhaykayla) June 6, 2019
My new Taylor Swift shirt also has the typo 😂 pic.twitter.com/jrDmU7pFoK
— Tia Karapoulios (@tia_karapoulios) June 6, 2019
Swift has truly geared her fans up to assume that EVERYTHING has a secret meaning. And usually, everything does.
We know she’s scattered way more Easter eggs into the music video for “ME!” than we are ever likely to find. Her Instagram is filled with clues about her upcoming music. Even her last album, Reputation, seems to have held clues for her next era. She has even said that her recent performances, of the new single, contain hints as to what’s coming next. And then there’s the magazine covers and interviews to dissect. It’s exhausting being a Swiftie.
— Andrea Lynch (@aclynch) June 6, 2019
Knowing Taylor the typo being only on the normal length shirts is probs some sort of Easter egg 🙄🙄🙄
— Jack Ruzanic 🛸 (@Jackindasummer) June 6, 2019
If it took us a month to realize there was a error on the ME! shirts, how long is it going to take us to find all of Taylor’s Easter Eggs? I’m genuinely concerned for our well beings.
— Caitie LOVES Tay (@caitie_ts13) June 6, 2019
There’s perhaps one more strange element of it all. The line, “Hey, kids! Spelling is fun!” is cut out of the radio edit of “ME!”
I’m convinced Taylor leaving out the bridge was an Easter egg of her trying to tell us to look at the spelling of our shirts since she couldn’t tell us but she knew we [email protected] it out
— your AMARAcan Queen ™ | NEVER ME(!)T TAY (fan) (@pommomara) June 7, 2019
Could that have been a clue for fans to look for the error on the shirts?
Let’s just assume the typo is more than a simple typo. Honestly, it’s not that big of a leap when it comes to Swift and her love of clues.
Taylor Swifts trying to figure out a way to make the typos on her shirts look like an intentional Easter egg pic.twitter.com/m09HIxDJNB
— Emy LaCroix (@TheEmyLaCroix) June 6, 2019
- Taylor Swift drops single with Brendon Urie—and fans are losing it
- Taylor Swift stan account shocks Twitter by explaining recent jail time
- Zayn Malik confirms bizarre theory that Taylor Swift travels inside a suitcase
- Taylor Swift’s Beyoncé ripoff wasn’t just blatant—it was hurtful
Got five minutes? We’d love to hear from you. Help shape our journalism and be entered to win an Amazon gift card by filling out our 2019 reader survey.
H/T Teen Vogue
Rachel Kiley is a writer who sometimes writes things and sometimes is based in L.A., but is definitely always on Twitter @rachelkiley.