- Sex workers speak out after OnlyFans leak 4 Weeks Ago
- Normani addresses Camila Cabello’s racist social media posts 4 Weeks Ago
- Mike Huckabee’s defense of Trump’s coronavirus response will make you nauseous Today 12:06 PM
- Gmail’s email filtering may affect what candidate emails you are seeing Today 11:08 AM
- Woman shares aftermath of domestic abuse: ‘This is only to raise awareness’ Today 10:40 AM
- Skai Jackson gets restraining order against Bhad Bhabie after death threat Today 10:19 AM
- Taylor Swift shades Scooter Braun in ‘The Man’ video Today 10:15 AM
- Porn stars are lining up behind Bernie Sanders Today 10:10 AM
- YouTube mom says she ‘beat’ her 2-year-old daughter for ruining her makeup kit Today 10:02 AM
- Ajit Pai’s net neutrality victory lap comes as his own repeal is under review Today 9:20 AM
- Alissa Violet is in Italy—and fans are worried she’ll get coronavirus Today 9:19 AM
- Bernie or Barry? Garth Brooks’ Sanders jersey sparks online panic Today 8:42 AM
- Netflix series ‘Followers’ is a visual treat—but lacks a clear narrative Today 6:00 AM
- Influencer got trapped under ice for TikTok clout, ‘came close to dying’ Thursday 7:59 PM
- #BernieBruh puts new spin on ‘Bernie Bro’ label, showcases support among Black voters Thursday 6:58 PM
Super Bowl Sunday is a massive day for sports gambling, and the Chiefs vs. 49ers matchup is an incredibly close one. It’s kicking off a year in which sports gambling could make a major leap in the U.S.—though it’s possible to place legal bets now, and sportsbooks provide all kinds of options for wagers. Here’s how to bet on the Super Bowl, along with the most popular Super Bowl prop bets.
Super Bowl bets: Odds for Super Bowl 54
All odds are courtesy of DraftKings Sportsbook as of Friday, Jan. 31.
Point spread: Chiefs are 1.5-point favorites
Moneyline: Chiefs are -122 favorites (wager $122 to win $100); 49ers are +108 underdogs (wager $100 to win $108)
Moneyline and Total Points (54.5): Chiefs and Over +230, Chiefs and Under +230, 49ers and Over +270, 49ers and Under +270
Point Spread (Chiefs -1.5) and Total Points (54.5): Chiefs and Over +245, Chiefs and Under +250, 49ers and Over +255, 49ers and Under +250
1st Half Winner and Total Points (27.5): Chiefs and Over +275, Chiefs and Under +210, 49ers and Over +310, 49ers and Under +240
Super Bowl bets: MVP Odds
Here’s a rundown of the top 10 Super Bowl MVP candidates and their odds to win that honor. (Nick Bosa’s the only defensive player on the list at +2500; Richard Sherman’s an intriguing pick at +8000 given that he’s a respected veteran, but also note that only three defensive backs have won MVP in the 53-year history of the award.)
- Patrick Mahomes, Chiefs QB: +115
- Jimmy Garoppolo, 49ers QB: +225
- Raheem Mostert, 49ers RB: +900
- George Kittle, 49ers TE: +1600
- Tyreek Hill, Chiefs WR: +2000
- Travis Kelce, Chiefs TE +2000
- Damien Williams, Chiefs RB: +2500
- Nick Bosa, 49ers DE: +2500
- Deebo Samuel, 49ers WR: +3300
- Sammy Watkins, Chiefs WR: +4500
Super Bowl bets: First player to score touchdown
Here’s a rundown of the top 10 candidates to score Super Bowl LIV’s first touchdown and their odds.
- Damien Williams, Chiefs RB: +650
- Raheem Mostert, 49ers RB: +650
- Travis Kelce, Chiefs TE +700
- Tyreek Hill, Chiefs WR: +750
- George Kittle, 49ers TE: +900
- Deebo Samuel, 49ers WR: +1200
- Tevin Coleman, 49ers RB: +1400
- Emmanuel Sanders, 49ers WR: +1600
- Sammy Watkins, Chiefs WR: +1800
- Patrick Mahomes, Chiefs QB: +2000
Super Bowl prop bets
Here’s where things get fun (and a little ridiculous)—the prop bets. Here’s a prop bet sampling covering everything from the coin flip (yes, you can bet on that) to what color of Gatorade the winning coach gets doused with.
- Coin toss outcome: Heads -103, Tails -103
- Coin toss winner: Chiefs -103, 49ers -103
- Player to correctly call opening kickoff coin toss: Yes -103, No -103
- Total players to attempt a pass (including overtime): Over 2.5 +124, Under 2.5 -155
- Total players to complete a pass (including overtime): Over 2.5 +200, Under 2.5 -265
- Any offensive lineman to score a touchdown: Yes +2300, No -10000
- Team to score first touchdown: Chiefs -121, 49ers -105
- Team to score last touchdown: Chiefs -118, 49ers -108
- Total touchdowns: Over 5.5 -157, Under 5.5 +123; Over 6.5 +135, Under 6.5 -175
- Total yards of longest touchdown (void if no touchdowns scored): Over 44.5 -112, Under 44.5 -112
- Total yards of shortest touchdown (void if no touchdowns scored): Over 44.5 -112, Under 44.5 -112
- A safety is scored during the game: Yes +900, No -1430
- Any field goal or extra-point attempt hits upright or crossbar: Yes +400, No -670
- Either team to be shutout: Yes +4000
- Either team to win by exactly 3 points: Yes +355, No -500
- Game goes into overtime: Yes +1000, No -2500
- Either team to miss a field goal: Yes +100, No -125
- Either team to score a special teams touchdown: Yes +600, No -1115
- First Gatorade color dumped on the winning coach: Purple +120, Red +300, Yellow/Green +375, Clear (or water) +700, Orange +750, Blue +1100; None +900
Super Bowl Betting: How to bet on the Super Bowl in the U.S.
DraftKings Sportsbook was created in 2018 by DraftKings, which got on the map with its fantasy sports games. It currently operates in five U.S. states where online or onsite sports betting is legal, and it’s leading the charge for legal sports betting across the U.S. Visitors in legal states (confirmed through geolocation) can jump into the full spectrum of Super Bowl betting, as well as NBA, NHL, and soccer around the globe.
Bovada is one of the better-known offshore betting sites, allowing visitors to jump into the Super Bowl betting fray, a wide range of sports, and even casino, poker, and live dealer games. U.S. law doesn’t prohibit betting to sites operating outside the U.S., like Bovada, so it’s a legal and safe option. However, Bovada doesn’t accept players from New Jersey, New York, and Washington.
GTbets is another offshore betting site that promises a generous cash bonus for first-time depositors. It allows visitors to bet on sports around the world, including cricket and Aussie rules football in addition to the usual suspects. It’s even possible to bet on esports like Call of Duty, League of Legends, and Overwatch.
(Per its site rules, GTbets does not accept wagers from D.C., Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Missouri, New York, and Washington.)
- How to watch the NFL Playoffs live online
- How to watch NFL RedZone without cable
- How to watch NFL Sunday Ticket without a DirecTV satellite
- How to watch NFL Network online (without cable)
For a year-round sports fix, sign up here to receive our weekly boxing newsletter. You’ll hear about all the biggest fights and best knockouts from the Daily Dot’s streaming sports guru Josh Katzowitz.
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Phil West is a sports reporter and the author of two books on soccer, ‘The United States of Soccer,’ and ‘I Believe That We Will Win,’ both from The Overlook Press. His work has appeared most recently in MLSSoccer.com, Pro Soccer USA, Texas Highways, and Howler. Based in Austin, he is also a lecturer in the Writing Program at the University of Texas at San Antonio.