- Hulu’s ‘Into the Dark’ scores with Christmas-themed ‘A Nasty Piece of Work’ Today 6:00 AM
- West Virginia corrections employees suspended after Nazi salute photo surfaces Thursday 8:02 PM
- Here are the 15 best Eddie Murphy movies available to stream Thursday 7:56 PM
- Ex-InfoWars video editor admits to making up Islamophobic stories Thursday 6:55 PM
- WhatsApp accounts deleted amid Kashmir internet blackout Thursday 6:21 PM
- Guy gets mocked for tattoo of Baby Yoda drinking White Claw Thursday 6:18 PM
- Spotify Wrapped has people asking just how much it knows about us Thursday 5:50 PM
- Instagram account allegedly asked for inappropriate photos of children Thursday 5:16 PM
- How to stream ‘Boys vs. Bears on Thursday Night Football Thursday 4:33 PM
- Woman caught her boyfriend cheating through his Fitbit Thursday 4:29 PM
- The Pete Buttigieg ‘High Hopes’ dance was designed by an intern Thursday 4:17 PM
- TikTok admits to hiding content made by fat, LGBTQ, and disabled users Thursday 3:58 PM
- ‘Merry Happy Whatever’ is an unoriginal sitcom with plenty of holiday cheer Thursday 3:55 PM
- The ‘Pod Save America’ Bros are losing it over Joe Biden’s newest ad Thursday 3:28 PM
- Van Halen had a wholesome response in defense of Billie Eilish Thursday 3:15 PM
The hand-picked playlists will include both Spotify originals and third-party podcasts. The podcasts will be categorized under different sections, including comedy, true crime, “geek culture,” “walking (motivational),” and “relaxing (mindfulness).”
It remains unclear whether the lists will be formed as part of deals with other networks or simply by Spotify employees picking their favorites.
The test is attempting to see if the same methods used to introduce users to new music can be carried over into the podcast realm. Currently, the streaming service offers features such as “Discover Weekly” to give users the ability to broaden their musical horizons, whereas podcasts are often only spread through word-of-mouth.
“We’re always testing new products and features to create better listening experiences for our users,” a spokesperson told Engadget. “This test aims to make it easier for users to discover new podcasts while giving creators another mechanism to connect with new fans. We have no further information to share at this time.”
Mikael Thalen is a tech and security reporter based in Seattle, covering social media, data breaches, hackers, and more.