- Inside the pornographic video game that took Kickstarter by storm 3 Weeks Ago
- Why everyone wants to debate AOC, and no one wants to debate Ilhan Omar 3 Weeks Ago
- How to watch the Trvl Channel online for free Today 5:30 AM
- Are we going to get a ‘Community’ movie on Netflix? Sunday 2:46 PM
- Social networking site Ravelry bans all posts that are supportive of Trump and his administration Sunday 2:07 PM
- YouTube is testing hiding its comments section Sunday 1:23 PM
- Think you have what it takes to be Beyoncé’s assistant for the day? Sunday 1:02 PM
- Facebook co-founder warns against Libra, the company’s new cryptocurrency Sunday 12:04 PM
- Missing YouTuber Etika’s belongings found alongside bridge Sunday 9:16 AM
- What is #sayfie and why do Floridians use it so much? Sunday 6:30 AM
- How to watch WWE Stomping Grounds for free Sunday 6:00 AM
- Trump tweets nightmarish video of himself being president ‘4EVA’ Saturday 3:15 PM
- The internet cannot believe how this zoo conducts its ‘escaped lion drill’ Saturday 1:39 PM
- Spotify wants to take back money from ‘overpaid’ songwriters, publishers Saturday 12:35 PM
- Mac from ‘It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia’ finally got to play catch with Chase Utley Saturday 11:23 AM
Here’s everything you need to know.
SoundCloud was a pioneer in music streaming, and in 2019, it’s the host to millions of music artists, podcasts, and an entire subgenre of rap. Listeners can get access to millions of songs with SoundCloud’s free, ad-supported service. But for those who just can’t stand ads, SoundCloud Go+ (or SoundCloud Go Plus) offers a premium, ad-free subscription.
But what is SoundCloud Go+, and how much does it cost? Here’s what you need to know.
What is SoundCloud Go+?
SoundCloud Go+ gives users ad-free listening and allows them to save unlimited tracks for offline listening. Go+ also gives users access to the full catalog with no previews, plus high-quality audio.
“With the ability to stream any track from 20 million-plus mainstream and upstart artists offline, ad-free and in high quality, it’s never been easier to discover what’s next in music while supporting the creators you love,” SoundCloud’s website explains.
As of June 2019, SoundCloud Go+ is available in Belgium, Italy, Portugal, Spain, and Switzerland, bringing its presence to 14 countries. The service is also available in the U.S., U.K., Ireland, France, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Germany, and the Netherlands.
Regular SoundCloud Go, which was released in March 2016, only gives subscribers ad-free listening and the ability to save unlimited tracks for offline listening.
How much does SoundCloud Go+ cost?
A subscription to SoundCloud Go+ is $9.99 per month with the option for a 30-day free trial. Students enrolled in a college or university can get a student discount membership at $4.99 per month for up to four years. Content creators subscribed to SoundCloud Pro, which comes with feature perks for artists and the potential for monetization, can also get SoundCloud Go+ for $4.99 per month.
How does SoundCloud Go+ work?
With SoundCloud Go+, listeners get full access to “more than 150 million tracks, ad-free and offline with no previews.” Go+ also gives users high-quality audio streaming with the ability to automatically switch streaming quality depending if the user is on WiFi or using data.
To use SoundCloud Go+, you can log into your SoundCloud account on your desktop or on the iOS, Android or Google Play apps.
Katie Balevic is an editorial intern at the Daily Dot where she enjoys covering social justice issues and politics. Her previous work has appeared in the Daily Texan, the Victoria Advocate, and the Houston Defender.