- ‘Sonic The Hedgehog’ sets box office record for video game movies Sunday 8:15 PM
- Truck driver allegedly watching porn kills teen driver in a car crash Sunday 6:44 PM
- Is the Buttigieg campaign behind this pro-Pete Nigerian Twitter account? Sunday 4:58 PM
- Mask that has your face printed on it allows you to unlock your phone during viral epidemics Sunday 3:52 PM
- Justin Bieber slid into the DMs of someone who hated his new album Sunday 1:05 PM
- HQ Trivia host and co-founder in Twitter feud amid shutdown Sunday 12:10 PM
- YouTuber shamed for fake call with Caroline Flack after her death Sunday 10:59 AM
- This MAGA-loving Keanu Reeves imposter isn’t fooling anyone Sunday 10:16 AM
- How to watch ‘Outlander’ season 5 online Sunday 8:00 AM
- Kobe Bryant’s complicated online legacy isn’t buried with him Sunday 6:00 AM
- TikTok teen’s reaction to discovering boyfriend’s cheating goes viral Saturday 4:46 PM
- This may be the creepiest Amazon review you’ll ever read Saturday 3:58 PM
- Bill Maher booed on own show over defense of Bloomberg Saturday 3:37 PM
- The Sun allegedly deletes negative Caroline Flack story after her death Saturday 2:48 PM
- How to watch ‘American Idol’ season 18 Saturday 2:00 PM
SoundCloud was a pioneer in music streaming, and in 2019, it’s the host to millions of music artists, podcasts, and an entire subgenre of rap. Listeners can get access to millions of songs with SoundCloud’s free, ad-supported service. But for those who just can’t stand ads, SoundCloud Go+ (or SoundCloud Go Plus) offers a premium, ad-free subscription.
But what is SoundCloud Go+, and how much does it cost? Here’s what you need to know.
What is SoundCloud Go+?
SoundCloud Go+ gives users ad-free listening and allows them to save unlimited tracks for offline listening. Go+ also gives users access to the full catalog with no previews, plus high-quality audio.
“With the ability to stream any track from 20 million-plus mainstream and upstart artists offline, ad-free and in high quality, it’s never been easier to discover what’s next in music while supporting the creators you love,” SoundCloud’s website explains.
As of June 2019, SoundCloud Go+ is available in Belgium, Italy, Portugal, Spain, and Switzerland, bringing its presence to 14 countries. The service is also available in the U.S., U.K., Ireland, France, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Germany, and the Netherlands.
Regular SoundCloud Go, which was released in March 2016, only gives subscribers ad-free listening and the ability to save unlimited tracks for offline listening.
How much does SoundCloud Go+ cost?
A subscription to SoundCloud Go+ is $9.99 per month with the option for a 30-day free trial. Students enrolled in a college or university can get a student discount membership at $4.99 per month for up to four years. Content creators subscribed to SoundCloud Pro, which comes with feature perks for artists and the potential for monetization, can also get SoundCloud Go+ for $4.99 per month.
How does SoundCloud Go+ work?
With SoundCloud Go+, listeners get full access to “more than 150 million tracks, ad-free and offline with no previews.” Go+ also gives users high-quality audio streaming with the ability to automatically switch streaming quality depending if the user is on WiFi or using data.
To use SoundCloud Go+, you can log into your SoundCloud account on your desktop or on the iOS, Android or Google Play apps.
Katie Balevic is an editorial intern at the Daily Dot where she enjoys covering social justice issues and politics. Her previous work has appeared in the Daily Texan, the Victoria Advocate, and the Houston Defender.