- Report finds some users can’t opt out of Facebook’s face recognition Monday 7:27 PM
- Get emotional over this real-life pastor baptizing an anime girl in virtual reality Monday 6:53 PM
- Twitter wants to know what Jack in the Box did to offend Kim Kardashian Monday 6:38 PM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ meme claims King’s Landing is an ‘inside job’ Monday 6:06 PM
- Report: Personal data of 49 million Instagram influencers exposed online Monday 4:57 PM
- ‘Stranger Things’ season 3 trailer teases a wet, hot American summer Monday 4:02 PM
- What Daenerys’ biggest ‘Game of Thrones’ scenes have in common with Nazi propaganda Monday 3:12 PM
- Here’s what’s coming to Amazon Prime in June Monday 2:11 PM
- Where did Jon Snow go? Unpacking the ‘Game of Thrones’ ending Monday 2:04 PM
- So, did anyone actually win ‘Game of Thrones’? Monday 1:29 PM
- The surprising religious subtext of ‘John Wick: Chapter 3’ Monday 12:53 PM
- Robin Arryn got hot—and the internet is seriously shook Monday 12:40 PM
- Tana Mongeau is going to VidCon a year after TanaCon disaster Monday 12:12 PM
- What have 2020 Democrats said about Alabama’s abortion ban? Monday 11:36 AM
- People keep throwing milkshakes at the U.K.’s far-right politicians Monday 11:10 AM
Just like a real hip-hop artist!
Rapping Shia Labeouf is at it again. After blowing away Sway in the Morning with a successful “Five Fingers of Death” freestyle, Labeouf appeared on yet another storied hip-hop morning show to showcase his skills. And this time he came to beef.
Straight out the gate, Labeouf calls out Hot 97’s Rosenberg while rapping for Power 105.1, its rival station. In fact, the majority of the freestyle takes aim at Hot 97, as well as Rosenberg’s freestyle, and Lil Yachty’s. The Transformers actor even calls out Yachty by his real name: Miles Parks McCollum.
So of course Soulja Boy, who was only referenced as “Soulja” in a verse primarily concerning Yachty, stepped in. It’s worth noting that Soulja Boy and Yachty had beef over who was dating India Love, a model who was just trying to stay above it all. The beef itself is on the rocks as Soulja Boy focuses his attention on that rapping kid from Holes instead.
After spending way too much time pointing out just how much play Labeouf’s freestyle got, Soulja Boy goes on a tear. Here’s the only SFW part of that rant:
You could never come to Atlanta. You could never come to the streets in the hood. You could never live my life. You need to stick to acting.
You can check out the lyrics to Labeouf’s full freestyle on Genius. The actor has yet to respond to being banned from entering Atlanta, and is instead just tweeting the same weird artsy shit he usually does.
have you ever seen the air so clear?
— Shia LaBeouf (@thecampaignbook) December 5, 2016
Lil Yachty has been similarly silent about the freestyle, as has Rosenberg, who was caught up in the festivities of WWE’s Tables, Ladders and Chairs pay-per-view. Labeouf also dissed Drake but honestly, who hasn’t these days?
A former Weekend Editor at the Daily Dot, April Siese's reporting covers everything from technology and politics to web culture and humor. Her work has been published by Bustle, Uproxx, Death and Taxes, Rolling Stone, the Daily Beast, Thrillist, Atlas Obscura, and others. Siese joined Quartz in December 2016.