- Woman slammed for trying to put UPS driver on blast Sunday 5:23 PM
- Twitter users are sharing which celebrities have blocked them Sunday 4:43 PM
- Conspiracy theorists are already taking advantage of Kobe Bryant’s death Sunday 4:14 PM
- Adam Driver returns to ‘SNL’ as Kylo Ren to reprise role in ‘Undercover Boss’ parody Sunday 3:46 PM
- White men are raging over ‘SNL’s’ white male rage skit Sunday 3:05 PM
- Kobe Bryant dead at 41 Sunday 2:24 PM
- Pete Buttigieg mocked over ‘staged’ walking photo Sunday 12:22 PM
- Louise Linton deletes pro-Greta Thunberg Instagram post Sunday 10:58 AM
- ‘Crip Camp’ shows how a radical summer camp was monumental to the disability rights movement Sunday 9:08 AM
- How to live stream the 2020 Grammy Awards Sunday 7:00 AM
- Technology created deepfakes—does it have a way to stop them, too? Sunday 6:30 AM
- SESTA-FOSTA is ‘detrimental’ to sex workers’ safety, study confirms Sunday 6:00 AM
- Jeff Bezos’ girlfriend allegedly sent his nudes to her brother, who then leaked them Saturday 6:38 PM
- This Instagram account catches influencers in the wild Saturday 5:42 PM
- The best upcoming video games to look out for in February 2020 Saturday 5:23 PM
Soulja Boy bans Shia Labeouf from entering Atlanta amid rap beef
Just like a real hip-hop artist!
Rapping Shia Labeouf is at it again. After blowing away Sway in the Morning with a successful “Five Fingers of Death” freestyle, Labeouf appeared on yet another storied hip-hop morning show to showcase his skills. And this time he came to beef.
Straight out the gate, Labeouf calls out Hot 97’s Rosenberg while rapping for Power 105.1, its rival station. In fact, the majority of the freestyle takes aim at Hot 97, as well as Rosenberg’s freestyle, and Lil Yachty’s. The Transformers actor even calls out Yachty by his real name: Miles Parks McCollum.
So of course Soulja Boy, who was only referenced as “Soulja” in a verse primarily concerning Yachty, stepped in. It’s worth noting that Soulja Boy and Yachty had beef over who was dating India Love, a model who was just trying to stay above it all. The beef itself is on the rocks as Soulja Boy focuses his attention on that rapping kid from Holes instead.
After spending way too much time pointing out just how much play Labeouf’s freestyle got, Soulja Boy goes on a tear. Here’s the only SFW part of that rant:
You could never come to Atlanta. You could never come to the streets in the hood. You could never live my life. You need to stick to acting.
You can check out the lyrics to Labeouf’s full freestyle on Genius. The actor has yet to respond to being banned from entering Atlanta, and is instead just tweeting the same weird artsy shit he usually does.
have you ever seen the air so clear?
— Shia LaBeouf (@thecampaignbook) December 5, 2016
Lil Yachty has been similarly silent about the freestyle, as has Rosenberg, who was caught up in the festivities of WWE’s Tables, Ladders and Chairs pay-per-view. Labeouf also dissed Drake but honestly, who hasn’t these days?
A former Weekend Editor at the Daily Dot, April Siese's reporting covers everything from technology and politics to web culture and humor. Her work has been published by Bustle, Uproxx, Death and Taxes, Rolling Stone, the Daily Beast, Thrillist, Atlas Obscura, and others. Siese joined Quartz in December 2016.