- A beginner’s guide to Mandalorians in the ‘Star Wars’ universe 3 Years Ago
- How to stream Duke vs. Georgia State live 3 Years Ago
- Plenty of NFL fans, including Samuel L. Jackson, are defending Myles Garrett on Twitter 3 Years Ago
- Apple is banning vaping apps 3 Years Ago
- 2019: The year Logan Paul stopped giving a f*ck about his critics Today 8:45 AM
- Why is Reddit allowing a more extreme version of r/The_Donald to be revived? Today 8:25 AM
- Redditor wants to know if he’s the a**hole for ghosting pregnant partner Thursday 8:19 PM
- How to go live on TikTok Thursday 8:08 PM
- Joey Salads suggests Democrats carried out Santa Clarita mass shooting Thursday 7:31 PM
- How influencers use TikTok to make money and launch careers Thursday 7:18 PM
- How to stream Argentina vs. Brazil live Thursday 6:51 PM
- How to watch Disney+ on a smart TV Thursday 6:28 PM
- Miss Fame calls out Justin Bieber for low music video appearance pay offer Thursday 6:19 PM
- Trump Jr. ranked No. 1 on best-seller list—after the GOP gave away copies of his book Thursday 5:45 PM
- Mo’Nique suing Netflix for race and gender discrimination Thursday 5:09 PM
Soulja Boy bans Shia Labeouf from entering Atlanta amid rap beef
Just like a real hip-hop artist!
Rapping Shia Labeouf is at it again. After blowing away Sway in the Morning with a successful “Five Fingers of Death” freestyle, Labeouf appeared on yet another storied hip-hop morning show to showcase his skills. And this time he came to beef.
Straight out the gate, Labeouf calls out Hot 97’s Rosenberg while rapping for Power 105.1, its rival station. In fact, the majority of the freestyle takes aim at Hot 97, as well as Rosenberg’s freestyle, and Lil Yachty’s. The Transformers actor even calls out Yachty by his real name: Miles Parks McCollum.
So of course Soulja Boy, who was only referenced as “Soulja” in a verse primarily concerning Yachty, stepped in. It’s worth noting that Soulja Boy and Yachty had beef over who was dating India Love, a model who was just trying to stay above it all. The beef itself is on the rocks as Soulja Boy focuses his attention on that rapping kid from Holes instead.
After spending way too much time pointing out just how much play Labeouf’s freestyle got, Soulja Boy goes on a tear. Here’s the only SFW part of that rant:
You could never come to Atlanta. You could never come to the streets in the hood. You could never live my life. You need to stick to acting.
You can check out the lyrics to Labeouf’s full freestyle on Genius. The actor has yet to respond to being banned from entering Atlanta, and is instead just tweeting the same weird artsy shit he usually does.
have you ever seen the air so clear?
— Shia LaBeouf (@thecampaignbook) December 5, 2016
Lil Yachty has been similarly silent about the freestyle, as has Rosenberg, who was caught up in the festivities of WWE’s Tables, Ladders and Chairs pay-per-view. Labeouf also dissed Drake but honestly, who hasn’t these days?
A former Weekend Editor at the Daily Dot, April Siese's reporting covers everything from technology and politics to web culture and humor. Her work has been published by Bustle, Uproxx, Death and Taxes, Rolling Stone, the Daily Beast, Thrillist, Atlas Obscura, and others. Siese joined Quartz in December 2016.