- How to live stream the International Champions Cup 3 Years Ago
- A police union is urging its officers to post ‘The Punisher’ logo Monday 7:33 PM
- Redditors call for a Nestlé boycott through memes Monday 6:16 PM
- How a 10-second Disney jingle became a meme in Thailand Monday 4:48 PM
- Instagram users share photos showing gruesome killing of 17-year-old Bianca Devins Monday 4:33 PM
- The horror game banned for mocking China’s president probably isn’t coming back Monday 3:31 PM
- Cheap vibrators, condoms, and lube: The most satisfying Amazon Prime Day deals Monday 3:07 PM
- George R.R. Martin says fan backlash won’t affect his ‘Game of Thrones’ ending Monday 3:03 PM
- The very finest Area 51 memes Monday 2:52 PM
- Tweet map ranks states where people are boycotting Amazon Prime Day Monday 1:54 PM
- Lil Nas X says he will perform at Area 51 for free Monday 12:56 PM
- The best Prime Day deals for gamers Monday 12:53 PM
- How Republicans are dancing around Trump’s racist tweets Monday 12:42 PM
- Not even anti-immigrant groups are defending Trump’s ‘go back’ tweets Monday 12:37 PM
- Netflix’s latest chase thriller ‘Point Blank’ lacks electricity Monday 12:27 PM
Just like a real hip-hop artist!
Rapping Shia Labeouf is at it again. After blowing away Sway in the Morning with a successful “Five Fingers of Death” freestyle, Labeouf appeared on yet another storied hip-hop morning show to showcase his skills. And this time he came to beef.
Straight out the gate, Labeouf calls out Hot 97’s Rosenberg while rapping for Power 105.1, its rival station. In fact, the majority of the freestyle takes aim at Hot 97, as well as Rosenberg’s freestyle, and Lil Yachty’s. The Transformers actor even calls out Yachty by his real name: Miles Parks McCollum.
So of course Soulja Boy, who was only referenced as “Soulja” in a verse primarily concerning Yachty, stepped in. It’s worth noting that Soulja Boy and Yachty had beef over who was dating India Love, a model who was just trying to stay above it all. The beef itself is on the rocks as Soulja Boy focuses his attention on that rapping kid from Holes instead.
After spending way too much time pointing out just how much play Labeouf’s freestyle got, Soulja Boy goes on a tear. Here’s the only SFW part of that rant:
You could never come to Atlanta. You could never come to the streets in the hood. You could never live my life. You need to stick to acting.
You can check out the lyrics to Labeouf’s full freestyle on Genius. The actor has yet to respond to being banned from entering Atlanta, and is instead just tweeting the same weird artsy shit he usually does.
have you ever seen the air so clear?
— Shia LaBeouf (@thecampaignbook) December 5, 2016
Lil Yachty has been similarly silent about the freestyle, as has Rosenberg, who was caught up in the festivities of WWE’s Tables, Ladders and Chairs pay-per-view. Labeouf also dissed Drake but honestly, who hasn’t these days?
A former Weekend Editor at the Daily Dot, April Siese's reporting covers everything from technology and politics to web culture and humor. Her work has been published by Bustle, Uproxx, Death and Taxes, Rolling Stone, the Daily Beast, Thrillist, Atlas Obscura, and others. Siese joined Quartz in December 2016.