- Jeremy Corbyn Rickrolls everyone ahead of British election Today 10:18 AM
- Trisha Paytas denies accidentally exposing herself on TikTok Today 10:04 AM
- Report: Barr wants tech antitrust probe wrapped up in 2020 Today 9:59 AM
- ‘Zybourne Clock’ original art is selling for over $4,000 on eBay Today 9:11 AM
- What is TikTok famous club, and can you trust it? Today 9:03 AM
- ‘John Wick 4’ and ‘The Matrix 4,’ both starring Keanu Reeves, will come out on the same day Today 8:54 AM
- Smoke ’em, pass ’em Week 15: It’s Tannehill’s world Today 8:45 AM
- Trump mocks Greta Thunberg over ‘person of the year’ win Today 7:55 AM
- Temple student refers to Philly as the ‘ghetto’ in ‘unacceptable’ TikTok Today 7:52 AM
- The decade the hucksters overran the halls of power Today 6:30 AM
- Ninja mocked for not knowing how to make a sandwich Wednesday 9:30 PM
- Marvel comics writer discusses misogyny in the industry Wednesday 9:09 PM
- TikTok conspiracy theorists think Juice WRLD is still alive Wednesday 7:03 PM
- Conservatives are protesting YouTube’s new harassment rules Wednesday 5:36 PM
- YouTuber’s ‘creepy’ comment about Taylor Swift’s eggs gets ratioed Wednesday 5:31 PM
Apparently, Snoop Dogg thinks Caitlyn Jenner is a ‘science project’
Snoop Dogg wants us to stop paying attention to transgender people and pay more attention to Akon.
Snoop Dogg posted a meme dissing Caitlyn Jenner on Instagram Wednesday, and the internet is outraged. The meme refers to Jenner as a “science project” and suggests that the public’s attention would be better focused elsewhere—specifically, on rapper Akon’s philanthropic efforts in Africa.
A photo posted by snoopdogg (@snoopdogg) on
The same meme had also been posted by Cleveland Cavaliers guard JR Smith on his “Team Swish” Instagram account, but was removed after intense public and media criticism.
Snoop Dogg and JR Smith were just two of the many people that posted transphobic comments about Jenner in the days following her transition reveal and name change. But many were surprised to hear a hateful remark coming from a weed-smoking, porn-filming, beloved entertainer known in part for his decadently long, manicured fingernails.
On Twitter, the reactions to Snoop Dogg’s shocking transphobia were virulent.
As of this afternoon, Snoop had yet to remove the post or address it in a public statement.
Photo Via Jorund Foreland Pederson/Wikimedia Commons (CC BY SA 3.0)
Mary Emily O'Hara is an LGBTQ reporter. Her work has appeared in Rolling Stone, NBC Out, Daily Dot, Broadly, Vice, the Daily Beast, the Advocate, Huffington Post, DNAinfo, Al Jazeera, and Portland's Pulitzer Prize-winning newsweekly Willamette Week, among other outlets.