- Tom Steyer calls for reparations Tuesday 9:05 PM
- Etika mural added as official PokéStop in Pokémon Go Tuesday 8:35 PM
- Debate devolves into candidates shouting ‘math’ at each other Tuesday 8:19 PM
- Bloomberg rolls his eyes when challenged over sexist comments Tuesday 8:18 PM
- Bloomberg almost accidentally claims he ‘bought’ Congress Tuesday 8:03 PM
- ‘Dick Pound’ and ‘Bisexual Men Exist’ trend together–Twitter goes wild Tuesday 7:54 PM
- James Charles receives backlash over ‘racist’ imitation of Latinx TikTok character, Rosa Tuesday 7:06 PM
- Video shows people harassing elderly Asian man while he collects cans Tuesday 6:23 PM
- Bob Iger steps down as Disney CEO, prompting conspiracy theories Tuesday 5:53 PM
- Bhad Bhabie threatens to kill Skai Jackson amid feud involving their moms Tuesday 4:51 PM
- Body camera shows officer boasting about arresting a 6-year-old Tuesday 3:58 PM
- Singer Duffy opens up about the rape, captivity that led her to stop singing Tuesday 3:51 PM
- Cynthia Nixon embodies feminist rage in viral video Tuesday 3:30 PM
- Samsung factory shuts down amid confirmed coronavirus case Tuesday 3:08 PM
- Bebe Rexha says she won’t be ‘imprisoned’ by bipolar disorder Tuesday 2:33 PM
Snoop Dogg trolled embattled rapper Tekashi 69, aka 6ix9ine—who is currently cooperating with government authorities as part of his plea deal to reduce his prison sentence—by invoking the name of business mogul and TV personality Martha Stewart.
Stewart served five months in a correctional facility in 2004 for insider trading. On his Instagram, the Doggfather stressed that his Martha & Snoop’s Potluck Dinner Party co-host didn’t snitch.
“As we watch Tekashi 69 (or whatever his name is) snitch on EVERYBODY, I invite you all to remember Martha Stewart snitched on NOT ONE soul during her trial. Baby girl kept it 10 toes down and ate that prison sentence by herself, like the true baddie she is,” Snoop wrote.
Tekashi 69, born Daniel Hernandez, went on trial last week for drug, racketeering, and weapons charges. He testified against members of the Nine Trey Bloods gang, including Anthony “Harv” Ellison and Aljermiah “Nuke” Mack, and even alleged Cardi B was a member of the gang. Dropping dimes on so many people earned the rapper the nickname Tekashi Snitch Nine.
Snoop further ridiculed 6ix9ine, who gained fame as a SoundCloud rapper, with a deleted post in which he assigned the “snitch” label directly.
The “Gin and Juice” rapper is familiar with the legal system himself, having stood trial and been acquitted of a murder charge in the ’90s. Now he’s getting the Tekashi treatment from Troi Torain, infamous host of radio/podcast The Star Report. In a recent YouTube video, Torain surmised that Snoop might be a former snitch himself, sharing paperwork from a 1998 Los Angeles County police report where the rapper, born Calvin Broadus, was attacked by Death Row Records employees. In the report, Snoop also alleged that former Death Row CEO Suge Knight was responsible for Tupac Shakur’s still-unsolved 1996 murder. (Snoop was in the course of leaving Death Row at the time.)
None of this has diminished Snoop’s troll game, more of which can be seen in the compilation of his Instagram stories below.
- People are calling rapper Tekashi 69 a ‘snitch’ for outing gang members
- Tekashi 69 alleges Cardi B was a Bloods gang member
- The secret sauce in Martha Stewart and Snoop Dogg’s cooking show? Friend goals
Kahron Spearman is a music and film critic whose work can also regularly be regularly found in the Austin Chronicle.