- Is Jacob Wohl evading his Twitter ban with Jack Burkman’s account? Today 2:06 PM
- Biden’s most perplexing debate answers, explained Today 2:03 PM
- How to stream Colts vs. Texans on Thursday Night Football Today 12:52 PM
- Netflix drops ‘A Christmas Prince: The Royal Baby’ trailer Today 12:43 PM
- Uber says it will audio-record rides to address safety concerns Today 12:41 PM
- ‘Avengers: Endgame’ writers go in-depth on how they decided which superheroes lived and died Today 12:22 PM
- How to watch Duke vs. Cal in the 2K Empire classic Today 12:09 PM
- Trump’s impeachment notes get riffed into punk songs Today 12:01 PM
- Pete Buttigieg can’t do the Pete Buttigieg dance Today 11:55 AM
- How a woman’s cold ‘rejection form’ text message became an ’emotional labor’ meme Today 11:52 AM
- How to watch Texas vs. Georgetown in the 2K Empire classic Today 11:40 AM
- Apple cancels premiere of original film ‘The Banker’ amid sexual abuse allegations Today 11:25 AM
- Congress passes bill to safeguard Hong Kong, protesters Today 11:15 AM
- Conquer Black Friday and Cyber Monday, whether you’re shopping online or IRL Today 10:40 AM
- #DeadUploadDay: YouTubers fight new rules for monetizing kids videos Today 10:39 AM
A Photoshopped image circulating online of rapper Snoop Dogg smoking weed with late Nirvana frontman Kurt Cobain looks pretty convincing. So convincing that the West Coast hip-hop mogul actually thought it was real.
Snoop Dogg shared the incredible photo on Instagram alongside a caption stating that the moment took place in 1992.
“Young dogg with Kurt,” he wrote on Thursday.
The photo, which shows Cobain sitting on a bed while Snoop smokes a blunt on the floor, was immediately praised by countless notable musicians.
Everyone from fellow rapper Busta Rhymes to R&B singer Tyrese marveled at the iconic ’90s powerhouse.
“Wow we already know you’re legendary you just took it up a few levels!!” Tyrese commented.
As it turns out, the image was created by Instagram user _vemix_, a Photoshop artist known for placing famous musicians in photos together.
The Instagram artist responded humorously after learning of Snoop’s mistake.
“When you make Snoop think he smoked with Kurt in ’92,” _vemix_ wrote.
A Twitter user was also able to quickly hunt down the two original photos used to make the Photoshopped one.
“Yo Snoop Dogg smoked himself so stupid that foo really thought this shit was real lmfao,” the user joked.
You can’t really blame Snoop for thinking the photo may have been real. The rapper has undoubtedly smoked countless blunts with countless celebrities over the years.
- No, that bowling robot video isn’t real
- Did Kamala Harris time travel when she got stoned in college?
- Marianne Williamson makes her way into Vogue photoshoot she was left out of–through Photoshop
Got five minutes? We’d love to hear from you. Help shape our journalism and be entered to win an Amazon gift card by filling out our 2019 reader survey.
Mikael Thalen is a tech and security reporter based in Seattle, covering social media, data breaches, hackers, and more.