- iPhone overloaded? Here’s how to cancel app subscriptions Monday 11:02 PM
- Fan-created ‘app’ lets users experience the final moments of the ill-fated Jeremy Renner app Monday 10:00 PM
- Milo Yiannopoulos receives lifetime ban from furry convention Monday 7:49 PM
- Snapchat just made all political ads purchased publicly available Monday 6:12 PM
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Borussia Dortmund in Champions League action Monday 5:39 PM
- How to stream Liverpool vs. Napoli in Champions League action Monday 5:19 PM
- How to make real money with Amazon’s Mechanical Turk Monday 5:03 PM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Valencia in the Champions League group stage Monday 4:47 PM
- ‘SNL’ fires Shane Gillis for racist, homophobic comments Monday 4:41 PM
- Ben Shapiro wants accusers to describe Brett Kavanaugh’s penis Monday 4:30 PM
- Twitch suspends streamer for wearing Chun-Li cosplay Monday 4:11 PM
- Report: 8 years of Trump tax returns subpoenaed by prosecutors Monday 3:45 PM
- Netflix lands exclusive streaming rights to ‘Seinfeld’ Monday 3:34 PM
- Jenny Slate sets first comedy special at Netflix Monday 3:05 PM
- #EndSmearFear is aiming to save lives Monday 2:54 PM
A Photoshopped image circulating online of rapper Snoop Dogg smoking weed with late Nirvana frontman Kurt Cobain looks pretty convincing. So convincing that the West Coast hip-hop mogul actually thought it was real.
Snoop Dogg shared the incredible photo on Instagram alongside a caption stating that the moment took place in 1992.
“Young dogg with Kurt,” he wrote on Thursday.
The photo, which shows Cobain sitting on a bed while Snoop smokes a blunt on the floor, was immediately praised by countless notable musicians.
Everyone from fellow rapper Busta Rhymes to R&B singer Tyrese marveled at the iconic ’90s powerhouse.
“Wow we already know you’re legendary you just took it up a few levels!!” Tyrese commented.
As it turns out, the image was created by Instagram user _vemix_, a Photoshop artist known for placing famous musicians in photos together.
The Instagram artist responded humorously after learning of Snoop’s mistake.
“When you make Snoop think he smoked with Kurt in ’92,” _vemix_ wrote.
A Twitter user was also able to quickly hunt down the two original photos used to make the Photoshopped one.
“Yo Snoop Dogg smoked himself so stupid that foo really thought this shit was real lmfao,” the user joked.
You can’t really blame Snoop for thinking the photo may have been real. The rapper has undoubtedly smoked countless blunts with countless celebrities over the years.
- No, that bowling robot video isn’t real
- Did Kamala Harris time travel when she got stoned in college?
- Marianne Williamson makes her way into Vogue photoshoot she was left out of–through Photoshop
Got five minutes? We’d love to hear from you. Help shape our journalism and be entered to win an Amazon gift card by filling out our 2019 reader survey.
Mikael Thalen is a tech and security reporter based in Seattle, covering social media, data breaches, hackers, and more.