- ‘Weathering With You’ blends fantasy and realism in a magical love story Saturday 6:18 PM
- Kidnapped teen used Snapchat to get rescued Saturday 4:35 PM
- What fans do and don’t want to see in future ‘Far Cry’ installments Saturday 4:26 PM
- Aaron Carter accused of stealing lion art for merch Saturday 3:10 PM
- Instagram’s hidden like counts were inspired by a ‘Black Mirror’ episode Saturday 2:06 PM
- Student says they were expelled for tricking teacher into making inappropriate TikTok Saturday 12:26 PM
- Space Force uniforms relentlessly mocked, memed Saturday 10:52 AM
- Man flamed after admitting he called police on Target employee over a toothbrush Saturday 9:10 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Vivir Dos Veces’ searches for a last chance at first love Saturday 8:00 AM
- Camila Cabello must do more about her racist history Saturday 6:00 AM
- Instagram and Facebook are reportedly blocking queer ads Friday 8:58 PM
- Review: Tyler Perry’s ‘A Fall From Grace’ is both nonsensical and utterly predictable Friday 6:48 PM
- Is Hulu censoring the Iran episode of Anthony Bourdain’s ‘Parts Unknown’? Friday 6:05 PM
- Trump admin celebrates Michelle Obama’s birthday by proposing rollback of her signature initiative Friday 4:01 PM
- TSA apologizes after agent grabs indigenous woman’s braids, says ‘giddyup’ Friday 3:28 PM
A Photoshopped image circulating online of rapper Snoop Dogg smoking weed with late Nirvana frontman Kurt Cobain looks pretty convincing. So convincing that the West Coast hip-hop mogul actually thought it was real.
Snoop Dogg shared the incredible photo on Instagram alongside a caption stating that the moment took place in 1992.
“Young dogg with Kurt,” he wrote on Thursday.
The photo, which shows Cobain sitting on a bed while Snoop smokes a blunt on the floor, was immediately praised by countless notable musicians.
Everyone from fellow rapper Busta Rhymes to R&B singer Tyrese marveled at the iconic ’90s powerhouse.
“Wow we already know you’re legendary you just took it up a few levels!!” Tyrese commented.
As it turns out, the image was created by Instagram user _vemix_, a Photoshop artist known for placing famous musicians in photos together.
The Instagram artist responded humorously after learning of Snoop’s mistake.
“When you make Snoop think he smoked with Kurt in ’92,” _vemix_ wrote.
A Twitter user was also able to quickly hunt down the two original photos used to make the Photoshopped one.
“Yo Snoop Dogg smoked himself so stupid that foo really thought this shit was real lmfao,” the user joked.
You can’t really blame Snoop for thinking the photo may have been real. The rapper has undoubtedly smoked countless blunts with countless celebrities over the years.
- No, that bowling robot video isn’t real
- Did Kamala Harris time travel when she got stoned in college?
- Marianne Williamson makes her way into Vogue photoshoot she was left out of–through Photoshop
Got five minutes? We’d love to hear from you. Help shape our journalism and be entered to win an Amazon gift card by filling out our 2019 reader survey.
Mikael Thalen is a tech and security reporter based in Seattle, covering social media, data breaches, hackers, and more.