- Report: Disney yanks YouTube ad spending following child exploitation accusations Wednesday 7:56 PM
- These people are organizing Fyre Fest live-action role-play parties Wednesday 6:35 PM
- White woman berates Mexican restaurant manager for speaking Spanish Wednesday 4:12 PM
- In Pixar short ‘Kitbull,’ a cat and pit bull become unlikely friends Wednesday 3:48 PM
- Stop exploiting the Jussie Smollett case to discredit LGBTQ hate crime victims Wednesday 3:28 PM
- The best Netflix original movies of 2019 Wednesday 3:20 PM
- Pinterest is reportedly blocking vaccination searches Wednesday 2:53 PM
- Nike’s self-lacing smart sneakers malfunction days after release Wednesday 2:50 PM
- How to quickly get the Havoc weapon in Apex Legends Wednesday 2:48 PM
- The truth behind the anti-LGBTQ emoji controversy Wednesday 1:37 PM
- Tristan Thompson disables Instagram comments after reports he cheated on Khloe Kardashian Wednesday 11:25 AM
- Introducing ‘boner culture,’ this Gamergate blogger’s latest cause Wednesday 11:16 AM
- HBO debuts trailer for controversial Michael Jackson doc ‘Leaving Neverland’ Wednesday 10:46 AM
- Christian woman refuses to do taxes for lesbian married couple Wednesday 10:43 AM
- Political campaigns will be snooping on your phones in 2020 Wednesday 10:43 AM
‘SNL’ spoofs the Royal Wedding reception, and it’s majestically hilarious
With the world still recovering from the majesty of the Royal Wedding, Saturday Night Live took us behind the scenes of the wedding reception hosted by Prince Harry and Meghan Markle to show us exactly what we missed.
As one would expect from a royal family, party Kool & the Gang’s “Celebration” was bumping in the background, as Prince Harry, played by Mikey Day, encounters a tipsy Princess Kate, a boring Prince Charles, and a speechless Queen Elizabeth II, who’s being told by Meghan’s great uncle that she must watch Netflix’s The Crown.
Said Meghan Markle’s relative: “They make her look like a bitch on that show. Girl, they’ve done you dirty.”
Prince Harry also makes fun of Prince William’s baldness before the older brother shows off his twerking skills, and Prince Harry runs into Elton John singing some of his biggest hits. It’s enough to make you wish you had scored a reception invite yourself.
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.