Who watches the watchers? Entire graphic novels have been dedicated to this question. If Clark Kent decides to go rogue, who do you call? Why, The Boys of course.
The Boys are, in short, superhero fixers. After all, unlike the boycotts who litter the covers of Marvel and DC Comics, the idea of a human with unchecked power almost always dips their toes in the dark side. The Boys are led by Billy Butcher (Karl Urban), who admittedly has nothing but disdain for caped crusaders of all strides. His counterpart, the egotistical Homeland leads the Seven, a supergroup that rides the line between the Avengers and the Sinister Six. It’s as action-packed as any big budget summer blockbuster, but with a little more depth, and of course, the dark comedy that made the comic series so memorable.
Here's everything you need to know to stream The Boys.
What is The Boys?
- Launched: July 26, 2019
- Airtime: Season 2 premieres Friday, September 4.
- Channel: Amazon Prime Video
- Genre: Teen drama
- Starring: Karl Urban as Billy Butcher, Jack Quaid as Hughie Campbell, Antony Starr as John/Homelander, Erin Moriarty as Annie January/Starlight, Dominique McElligott as Queen Maeve, Jessie T. Usher as A-Train, Laz Alonso as Marvin T. Milk/Mother's Milk (MM), Chace Crawford as Kevin/the Deep, Tomer Capon as Frenchie, Karen Fukuhara as Kimiko/the Female, Nathan Mitchell as Black Noir, Elisabeth Shue as Madelyn Stillwell
- Seasons: 2
- Status: Renewed for season 3
The Boys Reviews
What the critics are saying:
- "The darker side of superheroes is an area that’s been explored before but not with nearly the intensity and thoughtfulness you’ll see in The Boys. An action-packed drama with touches of humor, this is a TV series you won’t want to miss." -Terry Terrones, The Gazette
- "As a whole, the second season of The Boys is a solid improvement on the first: Smarter, sharper, and more engaged with its stories and characters." -Alex McLevy, AV Club
How to stream The Boys online
Amazon Prime Video is one of the most popular streaming services available, in large part because it comes complimentary with every Prime membership. If you're addicted to 2-day shipping and binging TV shows, it's one of the best-streaming destinations. There are plenty of exclusives that make having access to the library worth having, including Good Omens, The Man in the High Castle, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Transparent, and The Tick. Best of all, if you're a student, you can get six months free before you commit for the rest of the year. Plus, it's the only place to stream The Boys.
Amazon Prime Video Guides
|What's New on Amazon Prime Video|
|Best Movies on Amazon Prime Video|
|Best Shows on Amazon Prime Video|
|Best Original Shows on Amazon Prime Video|
Amazon Prime Video Genre Guides
|Anime||Martial Arts Films|
|Bollywood Films||Sad Movies|
|Comedy Movies||Sci-Fi Movies|
|Documentaries||Serial Killer Movies|
|Horror Movies||Sexy Movies|
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.