It’s the end of the world as we know it. The landscape is changing rapidly, and just about everything is taking a turn for the worse in Fear the Walking Dead. The Walking Dead spinoff follows a blended family doing their best to keep their heads on straight as they journey through the zombie-laden apocalypse. Together, they must learn new skills and adopt new attitudes in their struggle for survival as civilization around them steadily collapses.
With the show’s fifth season underway, and all hope lost, our heroes must do one thing: try to make the world a better place. This ambitious undertaking is easier said than done, what with the constant threat of flesh-eating zombies lurking around every corner. Morgan Jones leads the pack in Mexico, armed with compassion, humanist ideology, and more importantly, a crew of tenacious zombie hunters. As the rag-tag post-apocalyptic team enters uncharted territory, they must each face their pasts and their fears if they’re going to make it out alive.
Here’s how to watch Fear the Walking Dead online for free.
What is Fear the Walking Dead?
- Launched: August 2015
- Channel: AMC
- Genre: Post-apocalyptic drama
- Starring: Kim Dickens as Madison Clark, Cliff Curtis as Travis Manawa, Frank Dillane as Nick Clark, Alycia Debnam-Carey as Alicia Clark, Elizabeth Rodriguez as Liza Ortiz, Mercedes Mason as Ofelia Salazar, Lorenzo James Henrie as Chris Manawa, Rubén Blades as Daniel Salazar, Colman Domingo as Victor Strand, Michelle Ang as Alex, Danay García as Luciana Galvez, Daniel Sharman as Troy Otto, Sam Underwood as Jake Otto, Dayton Callie as Jeremiah Otto, Lisandra Tena as Lola Guerrero, Maggie Grace as Althea, Garret Dillahunt as John Dorie, Lennie James as Morgan Jones, Jenna Elfman as June/Naomi/Laura, Alexa Nisenson as Charlie, Karen David as Grace
- Seasons: 5
- Status: Renewed for season 6
Fear the Walking Dead Reviews
What the critics are saying
- “Fear the Walking Dead is, at times, decidedly schlocky, but this time around, there’s a welcome emphasis on fleshing out the motivations and convictions of a new cast of characters who could become potential adversaries down the line. After a strong start, here’s hoping that season 3 doesn’t squander its potential and try to plunder new ground for the sake of newness. Three episodes in and there’s already plenty of promise on show. The hard part now will be keeping it going.” –Edward Love, We Got This Covered
- “If Fear is a project with some noble intentions, it has uneven execution, with the prequel nature of it hurting as much as helping.” –Alan Sepinwall, Uproxx
Where to stream Fear the Walking Dead
- Sling TV
- AT&T TV Now
- YouTube TV
There are a number of ways to get access to AMC and stream Fear the Walking Dead and other AMC shows live.
AMC Streaming Service Guides
Philo is the least expensive streaming service, but it has some limitations. You won’t find the sports channels that dominate other packages or local channels. However, it’s the cheapest way to gain access to 60 great entertainment channels for only $20 a month. You’ll get popular channels like Animal Planet, MTV, Discovery, IFC, AMC, Lifetime, Nick Jr, and the Paramount Network, as well as deep cuts like ID and Game Show Network. You also get free cloud DVR, but shows recorded are deleted after 30 days, so binge responsibly.
|Sling Orange & Blue||$50|
For a more à la carte service, look to Sling TV. It offers two cable packages, Sling Orange and Sling Blue, each of which costs $35 per month. If you grab them both (Sling Orange + Blue) you can save $10 per month. Sling Blue offers more bang for your buck with over 40 channels, including sports necessities like FS1, NBCSN, and NFL Network. You’ll also gain access to the usual cable mainstays like Food Network, Discovery, Cartoon Network, SYFY, and FXX. Whichever package you choose, you can save $10 on your first month. Here’s the complete guide to Sling TV channels.
FuboTV was built from the ground up with sports fans in mind. There are different channel packages available whether you’re looking for basketball, soccer, golf, or even outdoor sports like rock climbing. But no worries, all the great cable channels you’re after are here too, including Viceland, Bravo, and IFC.
There’s a good chance that you’re already looking to AT&T for your wireless needs. The second you sign up, you’ll gain instant access to 45+ channels, including local channels and even free HBO in the Plus and Max channel suites. Plus, it comes with CloudDVR, which lets you record up to 20 hours of TV per month. One account works on two devices, but you can add more devices for only $5.
YouTube TV is a great solution for families because one subscription can add up to six accounts, and each account comes with unlimited cloud DVR. You can’t beat the variety, either: There are sports channels like NBCSN, NBA TV, and four ESPN channels, while Disney, Disney XD, Disney Junior, and Cartoon Network will keep any kid (or kid at heart) busy for hours. It also comes with a few Spanish-language channels like Telemundo and NBC Universo. AMC, BBC America, and IFC are there too, so you won’t miss out on all that prestige TV. (You can find the full list of YouTube TV channels here.)
Best Shows on AMC
Popular Entertainment Channel Streaming Guides
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.