- Military apologizes for threatening to bomb Area 51 raiders 7 Months Ago
- 15 Halloween costumes for pet owners with absolutely no chill 7 Months Ago
- People are celebrating #BiVisibilityDay with art and selfies 7 Months Ago
- Six U.S. cities among the world’s most surveilled places 7 Months Ago
- Facebook page faces backlash for selling ‘Christian yoga certification’ Today 2:03 PM
- A million-mile Tesla battery may be around the corner Today 1:29 PM
- Our 5 favorite AirPod charging cases at every price point Today 1:10 PM
- Amazon Prime almost completely swept the Emmys’ comedy section Today 12:31 PM
- People are outraged that a 6-year-old was arrested for a temper tantrum Today 12:26 PM
- A tropical storm named Karen is sparking jokes about calling the manager Today 12:18 PM
- Patriotic Facebook page reaching millions of Americans is run by Ukrainians Today 12:11 PM
- Review: ‘Color Out of Space’ and the cosmic horror of an uninvited guest Today 11:58 AM
- Snap’s ‘Project Voldemort’ dossier details Facebook’s bullying tactics Today 11:42 AM
- Conservatives compare teen activist Greta Thunberg to Nazi poster girl Today 11:17 AM
- Trump’s immigration czar is upset climate activists are calling out capitalism Today 10:47 AM
Taking a walk with my friends and my man and Sheck Wes (my abuser) and his friends decide to STALK US and attack my friends.. two cars full of niggas while he sat in the car like a bitch. You’re pathetic sheck and you beat women. You hit your girl before me and you’ll do it again— Justine Skye (@JustineSkye) February 12, 2019
In his responding tweet Tuesday, Wes firmly denied Skye’s accusations. “I’ve chosen to remain silent until now out of respect for actual victims of abuse,” he wrote. “But I cannot stand by while lies are repeatedly told about me. I never hit or beat any women and I did not beat up or jump anybody.”
I’ve chosen to remain silent until now out of respect for actual victims of abuse. But I cannot stand by while lies are repeatedly told about me.— Sheck Jesus (@sheckwes) February 12, 2019
I never hit or beat any women and I did not beat up or jump anybody.
He also responded on Instagram live, again denying the accusations. “I never hit any woman at all,” he said. “Just leave me out of all of this.”
Shortly after Wes’ posts, Skye posted surveillance footage appearing to be of Wes saying “Justine” and swinging his legs over a gate to access an entryway to a house.
“Are you going to lie now and say this is not you too?” Skye wrote in the caption.
Are you going to lie now and say this is not you too? pic.twitter.com/yGyEmIr3WN— Justine Skye (@JustineSkye) February 12, 2019
Wes confirmed he was in the video but was “hopping the fence” to get his stuff back “from a girl who refused to give me my stuff.” He added, “once again for the record, I never hit or beat up any women.”
Just clarifying this is a video of me hopping a fence to get my stuff back from a girl who refused to give me my stuff . Once again for the record I never hit or beat up any woman .— Sheck Jesus (@sheckwes) February 12, 2019
Skye responded again to assert that she tried to give his stuff back. “You decided to react violently and irrational because you ‘are a grown ass man and I’m not going to disrespect you’ because I put them in garbage bags for you to pick up.”
Refused? THIS specific incident was BECAUSE I was trying to give you your things... you decided to react violently and irrational because you “are a grown ass man and I’m not going to disrespect you” because I put them in garbage bags for you to pick up. https://t.co/c1Z5vZitG3— Justine Skye (@JustineSkye) February 12, 2019
In a subsequent tweet, Skye detailed an incident where Wes allegedly slapped her in the face. “Did you forget about the time you launched my phone across the room at the Montrose Hotel, slapped me in the face with money saying ‘get a new one bitch,'” she wrote. The two hotel security guards holding you back from attacking me while I ran away. The cops coming…”
Did you forget about the time you launched my phone across the room at the Montrose hotel, slapped me in the face with money saying “get a new one bitch”, the two hotel security guards holding you back from attacking me while I ran away. The cops coming... https://t.co/c1Z5vZitG3— Justine Skye (@JustineSkye) February 12, 2019
- YouTube star Eugenia Cooney is logging off to focus on her health
- Popular YouTube singer killed by stray bullet during mall robbery
- Max Landis accuser comes forward with detailed account of alleged sexual assault
Gabrielle Sorto is an Atlanta-based freelance writer covering culture, lifestyle, and news. Her work has appeared in CNN, Teen Vogue, INSIDER, and Vice. She can usually be found writing with an overpriced coffee in hand or hanging out with her dog, Rihanna, who is named after exactly who you think.