- How to stream Tottenham Hotspur vs. West Ham live Friday 6:30 PM
- The ‘Smooth Bernie’ conspiracy is false, but the memes are fire Friday 3:59 PM
- Trump says he wants to raise the vaping age to 21 Friday 3:07 PM
- ‘The Mandalorian’ comes to a crossroads in Chapter 3 Friday 1:11 PM
- Apple TV’s ‘Servant’ will make you scared of reborn dolls Friday 1:05 PM
- Lindsey Graham roasted for turning his back on a veteran Friday 12:52 PM
- Scooter Braun asks Taylor Swift for ‘resolution’ after allegedly getting death threats Friday 12:35 PM
- ‘Frozen 2’ plays it safe and lacks the magic of the original Friday 12:19 PM
- Graphic video shows police pinning man face-down in subway station Friday 12:18 PM
- Mini-documentary shows Trump supporters clashing at Denny’s Friday 11:52 AM
- Here’s why ‘Furry and Proud’ is trending on Twitter Friday 11:16 AM
- Sacha Baron Cohen calls tech giants the ‘greatest propaganda machine in history’ Friday 11:04 AM
- ‘Resistance Reborn’ is a must-read before ‘The Rise of Skywalker’ Friday 10:14 AM
- Stephen Miller should be fired, more than 100 lawmakers say Friday 9:56 AM
- YouTube star Bretman Rock goes off on fans who wanted selfies during his dad’s funeral Friday 9:14 AM
Taking a walk with my friends and my man and Sheck Wes (my abuser) and his friends decide to STALK US and attack my friends.. two cars full of niggas while he sat in the car like a bitch. You’re pathetic sheck and you beat women. You hit your girl before me and you’ll do it again— Justine Skye (@JustineSkye) February 12, 2019
In his responding tweet Tuesday, Wes firmly denied Skye’s accusations. “I’ve chosen to remain silent until now out of respect for actual victims of abuse,” he wrote. “But I cannot stand by while lies are repeatedly told about me. I never hit or beat any women and I did not beat up or jump anybody.”
I’ve chosen to remain silent until now out of respect for actual victims of abuse. But I cannot stand by while lies are repeatedly told about me.— Sheck Jesus (@sheckwes) February 12, 2019
I never hit or beat any women and I did not beat up or jump anybody.
He also responded on Instagram live, again denying the accusations. “I never hit any woman at all,” he said. “Just leave me out of all of this.”
Shortly after Wes’ posts, Skye posted surveillance footage appearing to be of Wes saying “Justine” and swinging his legs over a gate to access an entryway to a house.
“Are you going to lie now and say this is not you too?” Skye wrote in the caption.
Are you going to lie now and say this is not you too? pic.twitter.com/yGyEmIr3WN— Justine Skye (@JustineSkye) February 12, 2019
Wes confirmed he was in the video but was “hopping the fence” to get his stuff back “from a girl who refused to give me my stuff.” He added, “once again for the record, I never hit or beat up any women.”
Just clarifying this is a video of me hopping a fence to get my stuff back from a girl who refused to give me my stuff . Once again for the record I never hit or beat up any woman .— Sheck Jesus (@sheckwes) February 12, 2019
Skye responded again to assert that she tried to give his stuff back. “You decided to react violently and irrational because you ‘are a grown ass man and I’m not going to disrespect you’ because I put them in garbage bags for you to pick up.”
Refused? THIS specific incident was BECAUSE I was trying to give you your things... you decided to react violently and irrational because you “are a grown ass man and I’m not going to disrespect you” because I put them in garbage bags for you to pick up. https://t.co/c1Z5vZitG3— Justine Skye (@JustineSkye) February 12, 2019
In a subsequent tweet, Skye detailed an incident where Wes allegedly slapped her in the face. “Did you forget about the time you launched my phone across the room at the Montrose Hotel, slapped me in the face with money saying ‘get a new one bitch,'” she wrote. The two hotel security guards holding you back from attacking me while I ran away. The cops coming…”
Did you forget about the time you launched my phone across the room at the Montrose hotel, slapped me in the face with money saying “get a new one bitch”, the two hotel security guards holding you back from attacking me while I ran away. The cops coming... https://t.co/c1Z5vZitG3— Justine Skye (@JustineSkye) February 12, 2019
- YouTube star Eugenia Cooney is logging off to focus on her health
- Popular YouTube singer killed by stray bullet during mall robbery
- Max Landis accuser comes forward with detailed account of alleged sexual assault
Gabrielle Sorto is an Atlanta-based freelance writer covering culture, lifestyle, and news. Her work has appeared in CNN, Teen Vogue, INSIDER, and Vice. She can usually be found writing with an overpriced coffee in hand or hanging out with her dog, Rihanna, who is named after exactly who you think.