- ‘Into’ is a reminder that queer businesses can be hurt be straight leaders 1 Year Ago
- TSA agents are the latest tool in the government shutdown meme war Today 4:22 PM
- YouTube still hosting bestiality images year after crackdown pledge Today 4:13 PM
- YouTuber quits fight after Darth Vader fan film claimed by Disney Today 3:26 PM
- Millions of Fortnite accounts exposed via Epic Games website exploit Today 2:26 PM
- A man found a camera in his Airbnb and the company didn’t seem to care Today 2:00 PM
- A redditor planted an Easter egg in Hulu’s Fyre Fest doc Today 1:51 PM
- This new revelation about Woody from ‘Toy Story’ will blow your mind Today 1:35 PM
- Dave Rubin fails to delete Patreon on livestream to delete Patreon Today 1:14 PM
- The ‘some of y’all… and it shows’ meme is taking over Twitter Today 12:24 PM
- ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ begins season 2 on a cheerful note Today 11:49 AM
- Climate change memes are disrupting the feel-good ’10 year challenge’ Today 11:48 AM
- Mysterious Washington Post parody predicts Trump’s resignation (updated) Today 11:42 AM
- YouTube cracks down on challenges, pranks Today 11:04 AM
- Upskirting will soon be illegal in England Today 10:45 AM
Seth Meyers rips apart Roy Moore after his primary election win
Former Alabama judge Roy Moore won the Alabama Republican primary runoff for Senate Tuesday. Although Donald Trump endorsed his opponent, Seth Meyers demonstrated just how much the president and Moore have in common with each other.
Moore believes that Barack Obama wasn’t born in the U.S. He defied the Supreme Court decision that legalized same-sex marriage and previously called Islam a “false religion.” Meyers decried Moore’s “open bigotry and homophobia” as well as his lack of knowledge in major policy that he, as a Senate candidate, would certainly need to know. For instance, he had no idea what DACA was, and when pressed by a Vox reporter, couldn’t back up his claims that there were communities in the U.S. under Sharia law.
But Moore is about the spectacle. He rode to his polling location on a horse and took out a gun when talking about the Second Amendment at a campaign rally.
“Like Trump, Moore cares very little about the nuances of policies that affect millions of people’s lives and cares much more about riling his base through spectacle and grievance,” Meyers said.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.