- New Zealand arrests 2 for sharing video of mosque shooting 1 Year Ago
- ‘Queer Eye’ season 3 serves more frothy fun and cathartic realness 1 Year Ago
- Everyone is roasting this photo of Kourtney Kardashian in a bubble bath 1 Year Ago
- White House report has a lot of superheroes listed as interns 1 Year Ago
- Google to launch ‘Stadia’ cloud gaming service this year Today 3:55 PM
- Amy Schumer addresses her ‘Growing’ pains in new Netflix special Today 2:04 PM
- This Bitcoin tie is everyone’s favorite part of the Theranos documentary Today 1:56 PM
- Trump’s social media guru gets suspended on Facebook Today 1:51 PM
- YouTube time traveler says he saw a dinosaur—in the future Today 1:47 PM
- Why is Netflix changing the viewing order for ‘Love, Death & Robots’? Today 12:47 PM
- Elizabeth Holmes’ deep voice captivates and confuses the internet Today 12:40 PM
- These cat purses have everything you need (including balls) Today 12:22 PM
- Smooth dude gets girl’s number with a ‘choose your own adventure’ RPG on Tinder Today 12:20 PM
- Beto O’Rourke reportedly pranked his wife with a ‘verdant turd’ Today 12:13 PM
- The Disney-Fox deal is finalized Today 12:08 PM
Seth Meyers rips apart Roy Moore after his primary election win
Former Alabama judge Roy Moore won the Alabama Republican primary runoff for Senate Tuesday. Although Donald Trump endorsed his opponent, Seth Meyers demonstrated just how much the president and Moore have in common with each other.
Moore believes that Barack Obama wasn’t born in the U.S. He defied the Supreme Court decision that legalized same-sex marriage and previously called Islam a “false religion.” Meyers decried Moore’s “open bigotry and homophobia” as well as his lack of knowledge in major policy that he, as a Senate candidate, would certainly need to know. For instance, he had no idea what DACA was, and when pressed by a Vox reporter, couldn’t back up his claims that there were communities in the U.S. under Sharia law.
But Moore is about the spectacle. He rode to his polling location on a horse and took out a gun when talking about the Second Amendment at a campaign rally.
“Like Trump, Moore cares very little about the nuances of policies that affect millions of people’s lives and cares much more about riling his base through spectacle and grievance,” Meyers said.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.