- Chaotic good, true neutral: The 2020 Democrat alignment chart Today 6:30 AM
- How to stream Mexico vs. Brazil live in the U-17 World Cup final Today 3:00 AM
- Influencer gets prison time for performing illegal cosmetic procedures on followers Saturday 5:13 PM
- Parent immediately regrets baby monitor after seeing ‘possessed’ baby Saturday 3:53 PM
- Buttigieg used Kenyan stock photo to promote plan for Black America Saturday 2:29 PM
- Disney+ is the best streaming service for families available today Saturday 1:43 PM
- Netflix to amend Nazi docuseries after being accused of rewriting history Saturday 1:09 PM
- Everything you need to know about TikTok Saturday 1:00 PM
- Screaming drummer girl steals hearts with passionate Nirvana cover Saturday 12:50 PM
- The Kardashians receiving backlash for food fight Instagram post Saturday 10:26 AM
- How to stream Artem Lobov vs. Jason Knight in BKFC Saturday 9:00 AM
- Lizzo sued by Postmates runner she accused of stealing her food Saturday 8:39 AM
- How to stream Jan Blachowicz vs. Ronaldo ‘Jacare’ Souza on UFC Fight Night Saturday 8:00 AM
- How to watch Georgia vs. Auburn live Saturday 6:30 AM
- How to stream Navy vs. Notre Dame live Saturday 3:30 AM
Rihanna’s highly anticipated, inclusive lingerie line Savage X launched on Friday. The launch was so popular, it looks like some shoppers had to wait over an hour to access the site.
Shoppers can choose from 90 different styles of Savage X bras, bralettes, undies, bodysuits, corsets, rompers, jumpsuits, robes, and accessories including crops, handcuffs, satin restraints, eye masks, and garters.
The styles are split into four separate collections—“On the Reg,” consisting of everyday T-shirts, bras, and underwear; “U Cute Damn,” consisting of lacey options; “Damn,” consisting of bodysuits and garters; and “Black Widow,” consisting of half-cup bras and cupless bodysuits.
While the website went live at midnight on Friday, shoppers tweeted about long wait times and glitches on the site that affected their shopping experience. At press time, there was no longer a wait to enter the website.
BITCH A WAIT TIME FOR A WEBSITE?? pic.twitter.com/IW64vEwZs4— jane (@tracyjannne) May 11, 2018
Rihanna first took on the beauty industry in 2017 when she launched a 40-shade cosmetics line, Fenty Beauty, which provides darker-complected makeup users with the first suite of products that actually matched their skin-tone. Now, Rihanna hopes to make a splash again with Savage X, by offering lingerie in sizes larger than those found at other name brand stores, including Victoria’s Secret.
Bra sizes range from 32A to 44DD and bralettes, undies, lingerie, and sleepwear from XS to 3XL. Some shoppers were originally dismayed, however, to see the brand didn’t advertise sizes up to L.
Representation matters. I can’t express how comforting it is to go a site and see all shapes and sizes immediately. Too often It’s like “that’s cute but this model is a 0 so this probably wouldn’t look right on me.” Thank you @rihanna @SavageXFenty #SavageXFenty pic.twitter.com/rvt4x0MdbR— RAVEN B. (@RAVIEB) May 11, 2018
In addition to the brand offering styles inclusively to a wider range of body types, Rihanna has managed to do at an affordable cost. Bras cost $39 to $59, bralettes $29 to $34, undies $14.50 to $29, and accessories $18 to $29. Shoppers can take a look for themselves on the website.
Tess Cagle is a reporter who focuses on politics, lifestyle, and streaming entertainment. Her work has appeared in the New York Times, Texas Monthly, the Austin American-Statesman, Damn Joan, and Community Impact Newspaper. She’s also a portrait, events, and live music photographer in Central Texas.