- QAnon-touting congressman sneaks ‘Epstein Didn’t Kill Himself’ into tweets Wednesday 7:12 PM
- Ocasio-Cortez met a famous drag queen–and the right melted down Wednesday 6:09 PM
- Woman says Lyft driver tried to kidnap her Wednesday 5:18 PM
- Debunking the right-wing conspiracy theories from today’s impeachment hearing Wednesday 4:29 PM
- Maroon 5 approves of the latest TikTok trend Wednesday 3:54 PM
- ‘One month left in the decade’ meme wants to know what you’ve accomplished Wednesday 3:53 PM
- Facebook Pay is the latest way to send your friends money Wednesday 3:31 PM
- Diving into ‘The Mandalorian’s first big shocker Wednesday 3:17 PM
- Disney+ will allow password sharing—to an extent Wednesday 1:12 PM
- Black server says manager refused to discipline coworkers who sent racist receipt Wednesday 12:47 PM
- Who is Jonah Hauer-King, Disney’s new Prince Eric? Wednesday 12:47 PM
- Cut Katherine Langford ‘Avengers: Endgame’ scene lands on Disney+ Wednesday 12:22 PM
- Planned Parenthood app to show abortion-seeking users their nearest options Wednesday 12:21 PM
- ‘The Imagineering Story’ offers touching insight into Walt Disney’s vision Wednesday 11:57 AM
- YouTube mom who was charged with child abuse dead at 48 Wednesday 11:39 AM
Is @RobDelanie funnier than Rob Delaney?
The parody has become the master.
Rob Delaney has positioned himself as the Internet’s comedian, thanks in part due to lively Twitter presence.
He’s been called the “Funniest Person on Twitter,” receives countless retweets and faves from his loyal followers, and is slowly creeping into mainstream popularity. His 600,000 followers think he’s really funny. For some reason that right now is an absolutely mystery to me.
Simply put, his antics are obnoxious.
Delaney’s crude jokes have become monotonous, his punchlines unoriginal. And his jokes define the word formulaic.
In arriving at his comedic perch, Delaney has done three things:
- Aimlessly badger corporations and celebrity accounts
- Craft boob/poop/sex/your mom jokes devoid of any humor
- Post a lot of quips about his wife to emphasize that someone is legally bound to put up with his inane humor
How are you not bored with that?
If you are, meet @RobDelanie—an account that finally validates my thoughts.
Launched Monday, @RobDelanie cleverly spoofs Delaney as the obnoxiously low-brow comedian that he’s devolved into, wonderfully mocking all of Delaney’s tired diatribes and stupid tweets directed at public figures. The account also knocks Delaney’s bizarre adoration of your mom jokes and his constant political jokes that have become particularly labored at this point.
@RobDelanie encaptures Delaney’s Twitter presence with its perfectly asinine biography: “just a funnie guy who loves to tell a joke! OFFICIAL KING OF TWETER™. Licensed sex haver, DM nudes while my wife is asleep LOL ;)))”
The parody has become the master. Here are some of the account’s funniest tweets:
Photo via TeamCoco.com
A former editorial operations specialist and staff writer for the Daily Dot, Jordan Valinsky is a tech reporter and web culture commentator. His work has been published by the Week, Digiday, CNNMoney, Popular Mechanics, Vice, Mic, and Betabeat.