- Who is Cletus Kasady, Woody Harrelson’s character in ‘Venom 2’? Today 7:00 AM
- What is biometric data? Today 6:30 AM
- Cooking Mama’s return whips up a fresh batch of memes Tuesday 8:18 PM
- Influencer body-shames model, Photoshops photo of self to ‘prove point’ Tuesday 7:27 PM
- Boosie Badazz goes on transphobic rant about Dwyane Wade’s daughter Tuesday 6:34 PM
- Royal Family’s website accidentally links to porn instead of charity Tuesday 5:39 PM
- Republican senator spreads false conspiracy about coronavirus Tuesday 5:11 PM
- New DNA technology could help exonerate Black man serving life sentence Tuesday 4:24 PM
- ‘SNL’s’ Kenan Thompson to host the White House Correspondents’ Dinner Tuesday 3:58 PM
- Singer Summer Walker dragged for insensitive HIV comments Tuesday 2:39 PM
- This video of a teddy bear getting steam cleaned makes a perfect meme Tuesday 2:27 PM
- Ted Cruz goes on Twitter tirade over proposed vasectomy bill Tuesday 2:22 PM
- Billie Eilish says she’s stopped reading Instagram comments Tuesday 2:13 PM
- Christian group blames satanists for Twitter poll results Tuesday 1:41 PM
- Coronavirus has pandemic-themed video games topping charts Tuesday 12:58 PM
Is @RobDelanie funnier than Rob Delaney?
The parody has become the master.
Rob Delaney has positioned himself as the Internet’s comedian, thanks in part due to lively Twitter presence.
He’s been called the “Funniest Person on Twitter,” receives countless retweets and faves from his loyal followers, and is slowly creeping into mainstream popularity. His 600,000 followers think he’s really funny. For some reason that right now is an absolutely mystery to me.
Simply put, his antics are obnoxious.
Delaney’s crude jokes have become monotonous, his punchlines unoriginal. And his jokes define the word formulaic.
In arriving at his comedic perch, Delaney has done three things:
- Aimlessly badger corporations and celebrity accounts
- Craft boob/poop/sex/your mom jokes devoid of any humor
- Post a lot of quips about his wife to emphasize that someone is legally bound to put up with his inane humor
How are you not bored with that?
If you are, meet @RobDelanie—an account that finally validates my thoughts.
Launched Monday, @RobDelanie cleverly spoofs Delaney as the obnoxiously low-brow comedian that he’s devolved into, wonderfully mocking all of Delaney’s tired diatribes and stupid tweets directed at public figures. The account also knocks Delaney’s bizarre adoration of your mom jokes and his constant political jokes that have become particularly labored at this point.
@RobDelanie encaptures Delaney’s Twitter presence with its perfectly asinine biography: “just a funnie guy who loves to tell a joke! OFFICIAL KING OF TWETER™. Licensed sex haver, DM nudes while my wife is asleep LOL ;)))”
The parody has become the master. Here are some of the account’s funniest tweets:
Photo via TeamCoco.com
A former editorial operations specialist and staff writer for the Daily Dot, Jordan Valinsky is a tech reporter and web culture commentator. His work has been published by the Week, Digiday, CNNMoney, Popular Mechanics, Vice, Mic, and Betabeat.