- Black model speaks out after fashion show featured racist accessories 7 Years Ago
- CBS to launch ‘House of Brands’ to bulk up streaming 7 Years Ago
- Steven Spielberg’s daughter is launching a career in adult entertainment 7 Years Ago
- Congress asks Ring for more information about police partnerships Today 10:38 AM
- Vlogger who posts behind-the-scenes footage at Disney is in trouble with YouTube Today 10:16 AM
- Was Bloomberg owned harder on the debate stage or by Twitter? Today 8:54 AM
- Make ‘Animal Crossing: New Horizons’ your desert island game Today 8:51 AM
- Everyone’s trying to dance like Jennifer Lopez on TikTok Today 8:27 AM
- Why the coronavirus bioweapon theory persists Today 7:57 AM
- You won’t see deleted scenes on the ‘Rise of Skywalker’ home release Today 7:47 AM
- The return of ‘Star Wars: The Clone Wars’ throws you right back into the fight Today 7:00 AM
- Am I overreacting to a Facebook message from a dating app match? Today 6:00 AM
- Buttigieg, Klobuchar come together to laugh at Bloomberg Wednesday 10:29 PM
- Bernie Sanders calls Bloomberg’s wealth ‘grotesque’ to his face Wednesday 9:53 PM
- Angry Bloomberg asks debate moderators if he’s ‘chicken liver’ Wednesday 9:29 PM
Rihanna is the most liked person on Facebook
Sorry, Eminem. Rihanna’s the new ruler of Facebook.
Bad news, rap dudes. Turns out an R&B diva’s now the most ‘Liked’ person on Facebook.
Rihanna—she of the sultry eyes, platinum records, and truly bizarre under-breast tattoos—has usurped rapper Eminem as the unofficially most popular individual on the massive social network. The Barbados-born pop sensation can now lay claim to nearly 62 million virtual fans worldwide.
Rihanna’s popularity isn’t all too surprising (she’s practically front page news every time she steps outside of her apartment at this point), but it’s not like her Facebook page is all that revelatory or dynamic. Since Tuesday, the only contributions to the page have given notice that new single “Diamonds” is “available now at all digital retailers” and prompted a call to action to vote in the American Music Awards.
Also there’s this picture of her smoking a giant hookah while dressed in what looks like a LSD inspired Avant-garde art installation, so there’s that.
Rihanna has yet to explicitly make mention of the distinction—it’s likely she’s bathing on some tropical island with once-and-now-again-boyfriend Chris “Breezy” Brown—but on Tuesday her Twitter account delivered an awfully ominous tweet: #thatdamnRihannareign.
That reign’s proven relentless. Better get your umbrella.
Photo via Rihanna/Facebook
Chase Hoffberger reported on YouTube, web culture, and crime for the Daily Dot until 2013, when he joined the Austin Chronicle. Until late 2018, he served as that paper’s news editor and reported on criminal justice and politics.