- ‘Game of Thrones’ ties its own Emmys record for a single season 7 Years Ago
- Michelle Williams used her Emmy speech to call out pay disparities in Hollywood 7 Years Ago
- Outraged vapers could sink Trump in 2020 7 Years Ago
- Did Amazon give ‘Marvelous Mrs. Maisel’ an unfair Emmy advantage? Today 7:57 AM
- ‘The Politician’ is a dark and cynical answer to ‘Glee’ Today 7:00 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Ozark’ beat ‘Game of Thrones’ in 2 major Emmy categories Today 6:37 AM
- Animator for Netflix’s ‘Carmen Sandiego’ says he was fired after asking for fair pay Sunday 3:17 PM
- YouTube reverses decision to remove creators’ badges Sunday 1:47 PM
- How video game developer Valve got served secret subpoena as part of FBI’s counterterrorism fight Sunday 12:31 PM
- Aron Eisenberg, ‘Star Trek: Deep Space Nine’ actor, dead at 50 Sunday 11:35 AM
- Who needs glass slippers? This Cinderella cosplayer upgraded with a stunning glass arm Sunday 10:19 AM
- How to check if Yahoo owes you $358 Sunday 9:25 AM
- How to stream Bears vs. Redskins on Monday Night Football Sunday 7:00 AM
- What are the best alternatives to the electoral college? Sunday 6:30 AM
- The best PS4 games you can’t play anywhere else Sunday 6:00 AM
Rihanna is the most liked person on Facebook
Sorry, Eminem. Rihanna’s the new ruler of Facebook.
Bad news, rap dudes. Turns out an R&B diva’s now the most ‘Liked’ person on Facebook.
Rihanna—she of the sultry eyes, platinum records, and truly bizarre under-breast tattoos—has usurped rapper Eminem as the unofficially most popular individual on the massive social network. The Barbados-born pop sensation can now lay claim to nearly 62 million virtual fans worldwide.
Rihanna’s popularity isn’t all too surprising (she’s practically front page news every time she steps outside of her apartment at this point), but it’s not like her Facebook page is all that revelatory or dynamic. Since Tuesday, the only contributions to the page have given notice that new single “Diamonds” is “available now at all digital retailers” and prompted a call to action to vote in the American Music Awards.
Also there’s this picture of her smoking a giant hookah while dressed in what looks like a LSD inspired Avant-garde art installation, so there’s that.
Rihanna has yet to explicitly make mention of the distinction—it’s likely she’s bathing on some tropical island with once-and-now-again-boyfriend Chris “Breezy” Brown—but on Tuesday her Twitter account delivered an awfully ominous tweet: #thatdamnRihannareign.
That reign’s proven relentless. Better get your umbrella.
Photo via Rihanna/Facebook
Chase Hoffberger reported on YouTube, web culture, and crime for the Daily Dot until 2013, when he joined the Austin Chronicle. Until late 2018, he served as that paper’s news editor and reported on criminal justice and politics.