- Frank Ocean’s $60 HIV prevention drug-themed shirts called tone-deaf 1 Year Ago
- ‘Joker’ stairs latest Instagram spot; locals joke about potential robberies Today 10:30 AM
- PewDiePie banned in China after reacting to Winnie the Pooh memes Today 8:46 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs. Eagles on Sunday Night Football Today 7:00 AM
- How to stream Chargers vs. Titans in Week 7 Today 6:00 AM
- 13 spooky romance games for adults Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6, episode 9 Today 5:00 AM
- How to stream Impact Wrestling’s Bound For Glory Today 5:00 AM
- How to stream Bills vs. Dolphins in Week 7 Today 4:30 AM
- How to stream Jaguars vs. Bengals in Week 7 Today 4:00 AM
- How to stream Texans vs. Colts in Week 7 Today 3:00 AM
- How to stream Manchester United vs. Liverpool Saturday 10:00 PM
- Man dragged for recording, posting video of neighbor being ‘killed’ instead of helping Saturday 4:14 PM
- How to stream Saints vs. Bears in Week 7 Saturday 3:25 PM
- How to stream Seahawks vs. Ravens in Week 7 Saturday 3:25 PM
The singer and style icon didn’t fail to impress in 2018 with a pope-inspired dress designed by Maison Margiela Artisanal. The diamond-studded corset and bishop’s hat were stunning and apt for this year’s theme: Catholicism’s influence on fashion.
People on Twitter were happy to declare Rihanna the winner of the Met Gala red carpet—and worthy of her own religious movement.
WELCOME TO THE CHURCH OF RIHANNA. COME. SHE SHALL BAPTIZE YOU IN BODY LAVA AND SIN. pic.twitter.com/xIvBunLnhO— justine (@biticonjustine) May 7, 2018
White smoke new Pope pic.twitter.com/Ccp6gbYCsC— Caroline Moss (@socarolinesays) May 7, 2018
Rihanna is lookin' like the archbishop of SNACKerberry pic.twitter.com/yOXt3LJGWn— ￼ (@cyberfeeIz) May 8, 2018
People also chided other celebrities for failing to adhere to the red carpet theme as successfully as Rihanna and Black Panther star Chadwick Boseman, who wore an ivory suit and cape decked out with gold crosses.
Apparently, Rihanna and Chadwick were the only two students who followed directions and did the assigned reading for the Met Gala. pic.twitter.com/pvhNRihhTr— Swamp Ting (@CharlesPulliam) May 8, 2018
Singers SZA and Solange, who both donned halos, were praised as well.
Notably, several celebrities including Chrissy Teigen and Beyoncé, were absent from the Met Gala. Or were they?
Kris Seavers is the IRL editor for the Daily Dot. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.