- Jeff Bezos’ girlfriend allegedly sent his nudes to her brother, who then leaked them Saturday 6:38 PM
- This Instagram account catches influencers in the wild Saturday 5:42 PM
- The best upcoming video games to look out for in February 2020 Saturday 5:23 PM
- TikTok teens use AirPods and Google Translate to secretly talk in class Saturday 4:32 PM
- Video shows corpses of coronavirus victims lying in China hospital Saturday 3:44 PM
- Kid meets Slipknot after drumming video goes viral Saturday 2:30 PM
- Channing Tatum responds to troll who tried to compare Jenna Dewan and Jessie J’s looks Saturday 1:46 PM
- Grindr pulls an ‘I don’t know her’ after Eminem suggests he uses the app Saturday 12:48 PM
- Here are the top 10 most popular Instagram models in 2020 Saturday 12:21 PM
- ‘The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina’ takes its characters on a fantasy adventure to Hell in season 3 Saturday 11:37 AM
- Woman no longer in sorority, school after racist MLK post Saturday 10:45 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Miss Americana’ starts to deconstruct the myth of Taylor Swift Saturday 10:32 AM
- Teens charged with attempted arson after participating in TikTok ‘outlet challenge’ Saturday 8:56 AM
- ‘American Dirt’ is a metaphor for a white country built on the back of immigrants Saturday 6:00 AM
- This woman told two students to ‘speak English’ and people are not having it Friday 9:53 PM
The singer and style icon didn’t fail to impress in 2018 with a pope-inspired dress designed by Maison Margiela Artisanal. The diamond-studded corset and bishop’s hat were stunning and apt for this year’s theme: Catholicism’s influence on fashion.
People on Twitter were happy to declare Rihanna the winner of the Met Gala red carpet—and worthy of her own religious movement.
WELCOME TO THE CHURCH OF RIHANNA. COME. SHE SHALL BAPTIZE YOU IN BODY LAVA AND SIN. pic.twitter.com/xIvBunLnhO— justine (@biticonjustine) May 7, 2018
White smoke new Pope pic.twitter.com/Ccp6gbYCsC— Caroline Moss (@socarolinesays) May 7, 2018
Rihanna is lookin' like the archbishop of SNACKerberry pic.twitter.com/yOXt3LJGWn— ￼ (@cyberfeeIz) May 8, 2018
People also chided other celebrities for failing to adhere to the red carpet theme as successfully as Rihanna and Black Panther star Chadwick Boseman, who wore an ivory suit and cape decked out with gold crosses.
Apparently, Rihanna and Chadwick were the only two students who followed directions and did the assigned reading for the Met Gala. pic.twitter.com/pvhNRihhTr— Swamp Ting (@CharlesPulliam) May 8, 2018
Singers SZA and Solange, who both donned halos, were praised as well.
Notably, several celebrities including Chrissy Teigen and Beyoncé, were absent from the Met Gala. Or were they?
Kris Seavers is the IRL editor for the Daily Dot. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.