- How to play Fortnite on Mac 12 Months Ago
- Feminist memes are a banner of social change on Instagram 12 Months Ago
- VR game Jupiter and Mars thoughtfully explores climate change Today 4:30 AM
- The giant battle episode of ‘Game of Thrones’ is nearly here Sunday 10:12 PM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ finally revealed the Night King’s endgame Sunday 9:53 PM
- Sri Lankan government shuts down social media in wake of deadly blasts Sunday 7:56 PM
- Amazon Flex drivers now must use selfies to verify identity Sunday 6:34 PM
- #GentrifyingGeorge thinks 152-year-old HBCU should ‘just move’ Sunday 5:27 PM
- Watch out! Tonight’s episode of ‘Game of Thrones’ leaked online (updated) Sunday 3:32 PM
- Videos of people working may be the best thing on TikTok right now Sunday 1:46 PM
- How to watch ‘Game of Thrones’ season 8, episode 2 for free Sunday 7:00 AM
- Gendry is making a new weapon for Arya Stark—but what is it? Sunday 6:30 AM
- The live-action Halo series could be Showtime’s most ambitious project yet Sunday 6:00 AM
- How to watch Turner Classic Movies for free Sunday 5:30 AM
- How to watch Real Madrid vs. Athletic Bilbao online for free Sunday 5:00 AM
Rihanna slays the Met Gala red carpet in a pope-inspired look
The singer and style icon didn’t fail to impress in 2018 with a pope-inspired dress designed by Maison Margiela Artisanal. The diamond-studded corset and bishop’s hat were stunning and apt for this year’s theme: Catholicism’s influence on fashion.
People on Twitter were happy to declare Rihanna the winner of the Met Gala red carpet—and worthy of her own religious movement.
— Queen Hyuna + Haechan day☀️ (@y0ungoth) May 7, 2018
WELCOME TO THE CHURCH OF RIHANNA. COME. SHE SHALL BAPTIZE YOU IN BODY LAVA AND SIN. pic.twitter.com/xIvBunLnhO
— justine (@biticonjustine) May 7, 2018
White smoke new Pope pic.twitter.com/Ccp6gbYCsC
— Caroline Moss (@socarolinesays) May 7, 2018
Rihanna is lookin' like the archbishop of SNACKerberry pic.twitter.com/yOXt3LJGWn
— ￼ (@cyberfeeIz) May 8, 2018
People also chided other celebrities for failing to adhere to the red carpet theme as successfully as Rihanna and Black Panther star Chadwick Boseman, who wore an ivory suit and cape decked out with gold crosses.
Apparently, Rihanna and Chadwick were the only two students who followed directions and did the assigned reading for the Met Gala. pic.twitter.com/pvhNRihhTr
— Swamp Ting (@CharlesPulliam) May 8, 2018
Singers SZA and Solange, who both donned halos, were praised as well.
— zay zay (@saddestlov3r) May 7, 2018
Notably, several celebrities including Chrissy Teigen and Beyoncé, were absent from the Met Gala. Or were they?
Beyoncé arriving as the Holy Ghost.
— Donathan Bartolome (@ChenelynMercad0) May 8, 2018
Kris Seavers is the Evening Editor for the Daily Dot, where she covers breaking news, politics, and LGBTQ issues. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.