- Marvel unveiled its Phase 4 plans at San Diego Comic-Con Today 9:16 AM
- How a queer Instagram is helping fight the opioid epidemic in Appalachia Today 6:30 AM
- Philadelphia to fire 13 officers for racist, violent Facebook posts Saturday 6:12 PM
- Nick Offerman is so down to play every single role in ‘Cats’ Saturday 4:27 PM
- Woman documents how airport staff broke her wheelchair Saturday 3:04 PM
- Funeral home allegedly posted photos of woman’s dead body on social media Saturday 1:56 PM
- Alinity Divine is being investigated after throwing her cat during stream (updated) Saturday 12:04 PM
- ‘Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee’ returns with Seinfeld making a racist joke about China Saturday 10:26 AM
- YouTubers Eugenia Cooney and Shane Dawson make a joint comeback Saturday 9:06 AM
- The crushing effects of Trump’s abortion ‘gag rule’ on healthcare Saturday 8:00 AM
- How to live stream Pacquiao vs. Thurman Saturday 6:20 AM
- Review: Hulu with Live TV ensures you always have something to watch Saturday 6:00 AM
- How to live stream UFC on ESPN 4: Rafael dos Anjos vs. Leon Edwards Saturday 5:49 AM
- 2020 Democrats refuse to answer our questions about ‘Cats’ Friday 4:14 PM
- Belle Delphine’s Instagram account removed after mass reporting campaign Friday 4:08 PM
Rihanna reveals what she and her boyfriend were arguing over in viral meme
Between her iconic discography, her eye-catching fashion sense, and her inclusive “Fenty” beauty line, there’s nothing Rihanna can’t do well. Now she can add excellent meme use and stumping her boyfriend with World Cup knowlege to her long list of talents.
It all started with some photos that circulated this week showing Rihanna with her boyfriend and billionaire businessman, Hassan Jameel, appearing to argue while vacationing in Mexico. The pics instantly became a meme.
In response, Rihanna posted a photo to her Instagram on Wednesday of a lioness roaring a male lion into submission. The composition recalls the viral photos of her and Hassan.
“When u think u know more bout soccer 😼💪🏿 #worldcup2018,” she wrote in the caption.
The couple has been together for over a year now, according to Hollywood Life. In a May interview with Vogue, Rihanna offered minimal details about their relationship. “I used to feel guilty about taking personal time, but I also think I never met someone who was worth it before,” she told the magazine.
In June, rumors surfaced alleging that she and Jameel had split because she said she “gets tired of men sometimes,” according to Elle. But from the looks of things—including the playful World Cup dispute—they’re still going strong.
Rihanna didn’t say whether she’s got Croatia or France coming out on top ahead of Sunday’s World Cup championship match, but either way it’s unlikely that she’s wrong.
H/T W Magazine
Onaje McDowelle is an editorial intern for the Daily Dot. He is studying journalism and African and African Diaspora Studies at the University of Texas at Austin. His work has appeared in Austin Monthly magazine, GoodMusicAllDay, and Orange magazine.