- Twitter hid post from an account linked to Iran’s Supreme Leader Today 10:17 AM
- How to stream Leo Santa Cruz vs. Rafael Rivera for free Today 8:00 AM
- ‘Larry Charles’ Dangerous World of Comedy’ finds the balance between tragedy and comedy Today 7:30 AM
- How to stream Michael ‘Venom’ Page vs. Paul Daley for free Today 7:00 AM
- How to watch the NBA Dunk Contest 2019 online for free Today 6:50 AM
- The best new TV shows to stream this weekend Today 6:00 AM
- Bug lets Twitter save your DMs—even after you delete them Friday 7:21 PM
- Guy mansplains song to Japanese Breakfast, the female artist who wrote the song Friday 6:38 PM
- Ann Coulter’s Twitter bio links to a vulgar parody account Friday 5:22 PM
- Popular YouTube music channel gets income yanked for ‘repetitious’ content Friday 4:14 PM
- New website will endlessly generate fake faces thanks to AI Friday 3:41 PM
- Man fakes getting stood up at Outback Steakhouse Friday 3:03 PM
- FCC looks to tackle robocalls and spoofed texts Friday 2:57 PM
- How to protect yourself from the data breach that affected 744 million accounts Friday 12:56 PM
- How to stream Rob Brant vs. Khasan Baysangurov online for free Friday 12:21 PM
Rihanna reveals what she and her boyfriend were arguing over in viral meme
Between her iconic discography, her eye-catching fashion sense, and her inclusive “Fenty” beauty line, there’s nothing Rihanna can’t do well. Now she can add excellent meme use and stumping her boyfriend with World Cup knowlege to her long list of talents.
It all started with some photos that circulated this week showing Rihanna with her boyfriend and billionaire businessman, Hassan Jameel, appearing to argue while vacationing in Mexico. The pics instantly became a meme.
In response, Rihanna posted a photo to her Instagram on Wednesday of a lioness roaring a male lion into submission. The composition recalls the viral photos of her and Hassan.
“When u think u know more bout soccer 😼💪🏿 #worldcup2018,” she wrote in the caption.
The couple has been together for over a year now, according to Hollywood Life. In a May interview with Vogue, Rihanna offered minimal details about their relationship. “I used to feel guilty about taking personal time, but I also think I never met someone who was worth it before,” she told the magazine.
In June, rumors surfaced alleging that she and Jameel had split because she said she “gets tired of men sometimes,” according to Elle. But from the looks of things—including the playful World Cup dispute—they’re still going strong.
Rihanna didn’t say whether she’s got Croatia or France coming out on top ahead of Sunday’s World Cup championship match, but either way it’s unlikely that she’s wrong.
H/T W Magazine
Onaje McDowelle is an editorial intern for the Daily Dot. He is studying journalism and African and African Diaspora Studies at the University of Texas at Austin. His work has appeared in Austin Monthly magazine, GoodMusicAllDay, and Orange magazine.