- White woman calls cops on man who said he was visiting aunt with his kids 1 Year Ago
- ‘The Stranded’ is a flawed yet addictive blend of ‘Degrassi’ and ‘Lost’ 1 Year Ago
- The ‘gonna tell my kids’ meme is revisionist history at its most absurd 1 Year Ago
- Redditor asks former burglars to give home security tips Today 2:18 PM
- Facebook-Breitbart partnership under fire in wake of new Stephen Miller emails Today 2:00 PM
- John Krasinski under fire after praising the CIA Today 1:46 PM
- Conservatives melt down after Chick-fil-A says it will stop donating to anti-LGBTQ orgs Today 1:33 PM
- ‘Honey Boy’ is an experimental look at channeling trauma Today 1:28 PM
- Disney+ now allows users to resume and restart content Today 11:42 AM
- New York sues JUUL for marketing to teenagers Today 11:34 AM
- The new ‘Discworld’ TV series just gender-flipped several major characters Today 10:54 AM
- David Fincher is doing a ‘Chinatown’ prequel series, naturally Today 10:43 AM
- Congress thinks Facebook is misleading you about its location tracking Today 10:36 AM
- The cast and crew of ‘The Rise of Skywalker’ offer more teases on ‘Star Wars’ conclusion Today 10:34 AM
- #FartGate takes over Twitter after lawmaker appears to pass gas on live television Today 10:24 AM
Between her iconic discography, her eye-catching fashion sense, and her inclusive “Fenty” beauty line, there’s nothing Rihanna can’t do well. Now she can add excellent meme use and stumping her boyfriend with World Cup knowlege to her long list of talents.
It all started with some photos that circulated this week showing Rihanna with her boyfriend and billionaire businessman, Hassan Jameel, appearing to argue while vacationing in Mexico. The pics instantly became a meme.
In response, Rihanna posted a photo to her Instagram on Wednesday of a lioness roaring a male lion into submission. The composition recalls the viral photos of her and Hassan.
“When u think u know more bout soccer 😼💪🏿 #worldcup2018,” she wrote in the caption.
The couple has been together for over a year now, according to Hollywood Life. In a May interview with Vogue, Rihanna offered minimal details about their relationship. “I used to feel guilty about taking personal time, but I also think I never met someone who was worth it before,” she told the magazine.
In June, rumors surfaced alleging that she and Jameel had split because she said she “gets tired of men sometimes,” according to Elle. But from the looks of things—including the playful World Cup dispute—they’re still going strong.
Rihanna didn’t say whether she’s got Croatia or France coming out on top ahead of Sunday’s World Cup championship match, but either way it’s unlikely that she’s wrong.
H/T W Magazine
Onaje McDowelle is an editorial intern for the Daily Dot. He is studying journalism and African and African Diaspora Studies at the University of Texas at Austin. His work has appeared in Austin Monthly magazine, GoodMusicAllDay, and Orange magazine.