- How to watch ‘Game of Thrones’ season 8, episode 2 for free Today 7:00 AM
- Gendry is making a new weapon for Arya Stark—but what is it? Today 6:30 AM
- The live-action Halo series could be Showtime’s most ambitious project yet Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch Turner Classic Movies for free Today 5:30 AM
- How to watch Real Madrid vs. Athletic Bilbao online for free Today 5:00 AM
- ‘Star Trek’s Jonathan Frakes calls out your lies with this new meme Saturday 3:46 PM
- #JusticeForLucca trends after video shows police slam Black teen’s head into pavement Saturday 3:11 PM
- The internet is shocked to learn that Goombas do, in fact, have arms Saturday 2:02 PM
- PayPal, GoFundMe cut off armed militia that detains migrants at border Saturday 1:16 PM
- Barnwood theft may be on the rise because of ‘Fixer Upper’—and fans aren’t having it Saturday 12:23 PM
- Literary Twitter calls out Dzanc Books for Islamophobic, racist novel Saturday 11:40 AM
- How to watch Crawford vs. Khan online Saturday 10:00 AM
- Beyoncé has 2 more projects coming to Netflix after ‘Homecoming’ Saturday 9:53 AM
- How to watch Danny Garcia vs. Adrian Granados for free Saturday 9:00 AM
- The ‘Feeling Cute Challenge’ turns ugly after correctional officers abuse it Saturday 7:30 AM
Rihanna reveals what she and her boyfriend were arguing over in viral meme
Between her iconic discography, her eye-catching fashion sense, and her inclusive “Fenty” beauty line, there’s nothing Rihanna can’t do well. Now she can add excellent meme use and stumping her boyfriend with World Cup knowlege to her long list of talents.
It all started with some photos that circulated this week showing Rihanna with her boyfriend and billionaire businessman, Hassan Jameel, appearing to argue while vacationing in Mexico. The pics instantly became a meme.
In response, Rihanna posted a photo to her Instagram on Wednesday of a lioness roaring a male lion into submission. The composition recalls the viral photos of her and Hassan.
“When u think u know more bout soccer 😼💪🏿 #worldcup2018,” she wrote in the caption.
The couple has been together for over a year now, according to Hollywood Life. In a May interview with Vogue, Rihanna offered minimal details about their relationship. “I used to feel guilty about taking personal time, but I also think I never met someone who was worth it before,” she told the magazine.
In June, rumors surfaced alleging that she and Jameel had split because she said she “gets tired of men sometimes,” according to Elle. But from the looks of things—including the playful World Cup dispute—they’re still going strong.
Rihanna didn’t say whether she’s got Croatia or France coming out on top ahead of Sunday’s World Cup championship match, but either way it’s unlikely that she’s wrong.
H/T W Magazine
Onaje McDowelle is an editorial intern for the Daily Dot. He is studying journalism and African and African Diaspora Studies at the University of Texas at Austin. His work has appeared in Austin Monthly magazine, GoodMusicAllDay, and Orange magazine.