- Jeff Bezos subtweets Saudi prince following phone hack report 2 Years Ago
- ‘Yeah, good. OK’ Bernie Sanders meme is a new way to dismiss people 2 Years Ago
- ‘Vanderpump Rules’ recap: Petty displays of affection Today 2:12 PM
- Makeup artist transforms into Timothée Chalamet on TikTok Today 1:54 PM
- Iguanas are falling from trees—and people are selling them online for food Today 1:02 PM
- 75,000 sign petition to fire Wendy Williams after ‘cleft lip’ comment about Joaquin Phoenix Today 12:30 PM
- Kim Kardashian says Kylie Jenner’s setting spray is ‘cheap sh*t’ Today 11:59 AM
- Trump continues to demand Apple unlock iPhones for the government Today 11:46 AM
- Police officer suspended after video of a handcuffed Delonte West surfaces Today 11:33 AM
- ‘Girls don’t want a boyfriend’ meme leaves boyfriends in 2019 Today 11:21 AM
- Are these tweets about ‘The Bachelor’ or Trump’s impeachment? Today 10:45 AM
- Likely file Saudi prince sent to Jeff Bezos’ to hack his phone revealed Today 10:10 AM
- Will Olivia Jade have to testify against her mother, Lori Loughlin, in bribery trial? Today 10:07 AM
- Gina Rodriguez slammed for promoting ‘American Dirt’ Today 9:26 AM
- Netflix says ‘The Witcher’ is its biggest show. Is it really? Today 8:59 AM
Between her iconic discography, her eye-catching fashion sense, and her inclusive “Fenty” beauty line, there’s nothing Rihanna can’t do well. Now she can add excellent meme use and stumping her boyfriend with World Cup knowlege to her long list of talents.
It all started with some photos that circulated this week showing Rihanna with her boyfriend and billionaire businessman, Hassan Jameel, appearing to argue while vacationing in Mexico. The pics instantly became a meme.
In response, Rihanna posted a photo to her Instagram on Wednesday of a lioness roaring a male lion into submission. The composition recalls the viral photos of her and Hassan.
“When u think u know more bout soccer 😼💪🏿 #worldcup2018,” she wrote in the caption.
The couple has been together for over a year now, according to Hollywood Life. In a May interview with Vogue, Rihanna offered minimal details about their relationship. “I used to feel guilty about taking personal time, but I also think I never met someone who was worth it before,” she told the magazine.
In June, rumors surfaced alleging that she and Jameel had split because she said she “gets tired of men sometimes,” according to Elle. But from the looks of things—including the playful World Cup dispute—they’re still going strong.
Rihanna didn’t say whether she’s got Croatia or France coming out on top ahead of Sunday’s World Cup championship match, but either way it’s unlikely that she’s wrong.
H/T W Magazine
Onaje McDowelle is an editorial intern for the Daily Dot. He is studying journalism and African and African Diaspora Studies at the University of Texas at Austin. His work has appeared in Austin Monthly magazine, GoodMusicAllDay, and Orange magazine.