- The 2020 Republican National Convention runs August 24-27.
- Parts will be in Charlotte, North Carolina, as planned before the coronavirus pandemic.
- A number of streaming services give you abundant RNC live stream options.
- The speakers’ list includes President Donald Trump, Vice-President Mike Pence, former United Nations Ambassador Nikki Haley, and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell.
- It also includes some surprises, namely Mark and Patricia McCloskey (the gun-toting St. Louis couple who made headlines earlier this year), Nicholas Sandmann (the former Covington Catholic student who became the face of a 2019 brouhaha over protest coverage), and Turning Point USA leader Charlie Kirk.
2020 Republican National Convention schedule
Like last week's DNC, the RNC has nightly themes fitting into the larger themes of "Honoring the Great American Story." Monday's is "Land of Promise," Tuesday's is "Land of Opportunity," Wednesday's is "Land of Heroes," and Thursday's is "Land of Greatness."
The speakers include:
Monday, August 24
- Senator Tim Scott of South Carolina
- Representatives Matt Gaetz, Jim Jordan, and Steve Scalise
- Former UN Ambassador Nikki Haley
- Donald Trump Jr.
- Kimberly Guilfoyle
- Turning Point USA President Charlie Kirk
- Mark and Patricia McCloskey
Tuesday, August 25
- First Lady Melania Trump
- Eric Trump
- Tiffany Trump
- Senator Rand Paul
- Secretary of State Mike Pompeo
- Nicholas Sandmann
Wednesday, August 26
- Vice President Mike Pence
- Second Lady Karen Pence
- Senators Marsha Blackburn and Joni Ernst
- Representatives Dan Crenshaw and Elise Stefanik
Thursday, August 27
- President Donald Trump
- Secretary of Housing and Urban Development Ben Carson
- Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell
- Senator Tom Cotton of Arkansas
- House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy of California
- Ivanka Trump
- Former New York Mayor Rudolph W. Giuliani
- UFC president Dana White
Which channels will carry RNC coverage?
- ABC will combine with ABC News Live to give you an RNC live stream from 7pm-11pm ET.
- CBS will air the 10-11 pm ET hour, with its CBSN channel streaming from 5pm ET on.
- CNN will start its six-hour coverage at 8pm ET, as it did with the DNC.
- C-SPAN will air the 9-11pm ET program, with its Washington Journal show providing additional coverage from 7-10am
- Fox News Channel will do a special report from 10-11pm ET each night, bumping The Ingraham Angle to 11pm ET for convention week.
- MSNBC will go all in from 7pm to 2 am each night with what will likely be contrarian takes.
- NBC will do an hour of coverage from 10-11pm ET each of the four nights. Its NBC News Now site will kick off at 8pm ET each night.
- PBS will carry much of the convention between its channel and site, including live coverage of the roll call on Monday.
How else can I stream the RNC live?
Republican National Convention live stream: What streaming services carry the RNC?
Now that you'd got channels in mind for your RNC live stream experience, here's how to get them.
Hulu Live TV
Hulu Live TV is a great way to stream live TV, as it comes with access to Hulu’s massive library of on-demand content. You’ll be able to choose from movies, shows, and Hulu's original programming, and keep up with what's new each month. Hulu plans even include a bundle option where you can access Disney+ and ESPN+ along with Hulu.
Hulu Live TV sets you up with local channels and has a broad spectrum of entertainment and sports channels to review, including the full suite of ESPN channels, Cartoon Network, FX, HGTV, and even deep cuts like National Geographic and Syfy. Whether you lean CNN, Fox News, or MSNBC, Hulu Live TV covers you for your Republican National Convention live stream needs.
|Hulu Live TV||$64.99|
|Hulu Live TV |
(no ads on
If you're looking for a streamlined, cost-effective streaming package, check out Sling TV. It offers two basic cable packages, Sling Orange and Sling Blue, each of which costs $30 per month. There's also the third option of getting Sling Orange + Blue for just $45 per month. You'll get more Sling TV channels by choosing Sling Blue, with its 40 channels including sports favorites like FS1 and NBCSN and cable mainstays like Food Network and Discovery Channel. But Sling Orange brings must-haves Disney Channel and ESPN as part of its package. Sling also has a number of add-ons, including robust international packages organized by languages all over the globe.
Looking for an RNC live stream on Sling? Both Sling Orange and Blue gets you CNN. Sling Blue is your better bet if you want different sides of the aisle represented.
|Orange + Blue||$50|
FuboTV started as a streaming service geared toward sports fans, but it's evolved into a broadly-appealing option with entertainment and news options alongside its robust sports choices. Depending on the package, you can access as many as 180+ FuboTV channels. Fubo will entertain you with Bravo, IFC, MTV, and VH1 at even at its most basic tier. The Fubo channel list still includes plenty of sports, including the Fubo Sports Network, which has original programming mixing sports and humor. The FuboTV cost starts at $54.99 a month, and with Disney Media favorites like ABC, ESPN, and the Disney Channel now on board, some who were on the fence about Fubo are giving it another look.
If you want to stream the RNC live, Fubo gives you some solid choices.
AT&T TV Now
If you’re already looking to AT&T for your wireless needs, you might consider AT&T TV Now to cover streaming for you. AT&T TV Now channels start with Plus and Max, which even include HBO. Then, AT&T plans expand from there, approaching cable selection and pricing with AT&T TV Now's biggest packages. AT&T streaming also comes with Cloud DVR, letting you record up to 20 hours of TV per month. You won't lack for channels with AT&T TV Now for your RNC live streaming. Even the most basic plans will give you options.
FuboTV started as a streaming service geared toward sports fans, but it's evolved into a broadly-appealing option with entertainment and news options alongside its robust sports choices. Depending on the package, you can access as many as 180+ FuboTV channels. If you're looking to be entertained, Bravo, IFC, MTV, and VH1 are options even at Fubo's most basic tier. The Fubo channel list still includes plenty of sports, including the Fubo Sports Network, which has original programming mixing sports and humor. The FuboTV cost starts at $54.99 a month, and with Disney Media favorites like ABC, ESPN, and the Disney Channel now on board, some who were on the fence about Fubo are giving it another look.
YouTube TV's got a spectrum of choices for you. ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox News Channel, MSNBC, or CNN are all available on the service.
Vidgo offers a package for under $40 a month that pulls together more than 60 English-language channels into its National English Package. Its channels include ABC, Fox, the ESPN family of channels (including ESPN Deportes), and it's one of the few streaming services that carries BeIN Sports. But it's like Fubo in that, even though it started out for streaming sports, it carries a lot more now. You can use Vidgo to stream ABC News Live as well as ABC and Fox News Channel—and then you chat about it online via Vidgo's Social TV platform.
News Channel Guides
Live TV Service Guides
Streaming Device Guides
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.