- PayPal, GoFundMe cut off armed militia that detains migrants at border 6 Years Ago
- Barnwood theft may be on the rise because of ‘Fixer Upper’—and fans aren’t having it Today 12:23 PM
- Literary Twitter calls out Dzanc Books for Islamophobic, racist novel Today 11:40 AM
- How to watch Crawford vs. Khan online Today 10:00 AM
- Beyoncé has 2 more projects coming to Netflix after ‘Homecoming’ Today 9:53 AM
- How to watch Danny Garcia vs. Adrian Granados for free Today 9:00 AM
- The ‘Feeling Cute Challenge’ turns ugly after correctional officers abuse it Today 7:30 AM
- How to watch ‘How High 2’ for free Today 7:00 AM
- Swipe This! My ex-BFF keeps sliding into my DMs, but I don’t want to be friends Today 6:30 AM
- Watch ‘I Am Somebody’s Child: The Regina Louise Story’ for free Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch Barcelona vs. Real Sociedad for free Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream UFC Fight Night 149 for free Today 5:30 AM
- PDF Association dunks on Mueller report PDF Friday 7:33 PM
- Robert Downey Jr. says ‘Endgame’ finale is ‘best 8 minutes’ of any MCU film Friday 4:42 PM
- Elizabeth Warren calls on Congress to impeach Trump Friday 3:43 PM
None of Reddit’s crazy theories about this shed were crazy enough
It turns out that even when you’re 100 percent finished with Grand Theft Auto V, you’re still not actually finished.
A few weeks before the release of Grand Theft Auto V (GTA V), Reddit‘s gaming community made a tiny shed atop the tallest mountain in the game their obsession. Was the shed a safe house? Was it just a place to parachute from? Or was the shed’s significance, as one redditor suggested, being completely blown out of proportion?
Turns out, Reddit’s theories weren’t crazy enough.
While the primary purpose of the shed is as an aerial tram stop, redditors and member of GTAforums.com have discovered a map inside that plots the locations of multipe UFOs hidden in the game. (Warning: Spoilers below.)
The map can be found inside the shed sitting on top of Mt. Chiliad only after you’ve completed 100 percent of the game (which entails finishing not only campaign mode but every side mission as well).
“The map appears to be a picture of Mt. Chiliad with a UFO or an eye at the top, with lightning surrounding it,” lauren_of_lore wrote on r/chiliadmystery. “The lightning is how people figured out it has to be storming for the UFO to appear. On the bottom there is another picture of a UFO, as well as a cracked egg, and what appears to be a stick figure wearing a jetpack.”
Since lauren_of_lore posted a summary of the findings Tuesday, a handful of gamers have created videos not only showing the location of each UFO but also other Easter eggs like where to find Bigfoot and a frozen alien:
One of the big missing pieces to this incredible puzzle is how to find the jetpack. Maybe the answer will present itself only after 1,000 hours of actual gameplay or 1,000 days within the game itself. I mean, the definition of the word chiliad is “a group that contains 1,000 parts” or “a millennium.”
For more information on how to find the UFOs, and how to get your hands on a 100 percent completed saved game file, visit here.
Fernando Alfonso III served as an early Reddit and 4chan reporter and the Daily Dot’s first art director until 2016. He’s gone on to report at Lexington’s Herald-Leader and at the Houston Chronicle.