- Lawsuit alleges woman was kidnapped by Lyft driver and gang-raped 7 Years Ago
- Facebook and Ray-Ban want to replace smartphones with smart glasses 7 Years Ago
- Sirfetch’d is the gallant new Pokémon winning everyone’s heart 7 Years Ago
- Danielle Cohn’s dad says she’s not really 15 years old Today 2:14 PM
- Chilling ad by Sandy Hook Promise features kids using school supplies during a shooting Today 1:50 PM
- Don’t fall victim to this Venmo texting scam Today 1:18 PM
- Here’s what’s coming and going on Netflix in October 2019 Today 12:55 PM
- Marvel just turned Goldballs into one of the most powerful X-Men Today 12:33 PM
- Every house in ‘Skyrim’ and how to get them all Today 12:28 PM
- How to stream all the Week 3 NFL action Today 12:14 PM
- Taylor Swift has some thoughts on the end of ‘Game of Thrones’ Today 12:14 PM
- Notre Dame, Georgia, and how to stream college football’s must-watch Week 4 Today 11:52 AM
- Prominent Democratic donor Ed Buck charged with running drug house tied to fatal overdoses Today 11:45 AM
- Merriam-Webster recognizes use of singular ‘they’ for nonbinary people Today 11:39 AM
- VSCO dogs are here, and they’re just barely putting up with it Today 11:38 AM
Gawker banned from major Reddit forums
Gawker writer Adrian Chen’s upcoming piece, which is rumored to reveal the real identity of a controversial redditor, has caused a furious uproar on the site.
Want to read Reddit but don’t have the time? Our daily Reddit Digest highlights the most interesting or important discussions from around the social news site—every morning.
The Great Doxing Drama of 2012 continues: r/creepshots disappears after an unnamed foe threatens to reveal the real identity of its top mod. (r/SubredditDrama)
Meanwhile, in an unrelated event, Gawker links have been banned from r/politics and r/MensRights. Gawker writer Adrian Chen’s upcoming piece supposedly will dox controversial superuser violentacrez, who deleted his account yesterday. (r/SubredditDrama)
In other news …
For bipeds like us, it sure is bumpy on top of two legs. Here’s how the brain stabilizes naturally stabilizes shaky vision. (r/askscience)
This American Life creator Ira Glass does an AMA.
Photo by S John Davey
Kevin Morris is a veteran web reporter and editor who specializes in longform journalism. He led the Daily Dot’s esports vertical and, following its acquisition by GAMURS in late 2016, launched Dot Esports, where he serves as the site’s editor-in-chief.