- How to watch the Las Vegas Bowl online for free Today 8:30 AM
- How to watch Real Madrid vs. Rayo Vallecano online for free Today 7:30 AM
- ‘Runaways’ season 2 expands its universe and mysteries Today 7:30 AM
- How to watch the Cure Bowl online for free Today 7:05 AM
- How to watch Canelo Alvarez vs. Rocky Fielding for free Today 7:00 AM
- Politicians who inspired the internet in 2018 Today 6:30 AM
- Here are all the college bowl games on TV today Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch the New Mexico Bowl online for free Today 5:15 AM
- How to watch the Celebration Bowl online for free Today 4:55 AM
- How to watch Borussia Dortmund vs. Werder Bremen online for free Today 3:00 AM
- Report: DACA recipients increasingly being denied federal housing loans Friday 3:54 PM
- Chris Christie is finally getting praise—for turning down Donald Trump Friday 3:39 PM
- Net neutrality died last year. But the fight’s just begun Friday 1:18 PM
- Kim Kierkegaardashian creator says popular Twitter account ‘speaks to the duality in all of us’ Friday 1:02 PM
- Facebook admits that 6.8 million users’ private photos were exposed Friday 12:55 PM
Red Velvet’s new song ‘Russian Roulette’ is cute and dangerous
It’s a game you can’t control.
The girls of Red Velvet have returned with their third mini album, Russian Roulette, and single of the same name.
Earlier this year, Red Velvet released The Velvet EP with title track “One of These Nights,” which was the follow up to the group’s first full album, The Red. The release of Russian Roulette on Tuesday brings the girls back to their vivid music style—in contrast to The Red, which showcased their softer side and vocal talents.
“Russian Roulette” is a cute and bubbly song, complemented by the bright colors of the music video. Red Velvet’s sugar-coated voices in conjunction with an upbeat melody make it impossible not to bob your head to the music.
But don’t be fooled—its cheerful sound juxtaposes the catastrophic and lethal pranks the girls play on each other in the video. While the song sounds fun and adorable, the members show their dark side with stone-faced stares and subtle smirks. In one way or another, each member meets her unexpected demise, like a game of Russian Roulette.
The release comes with six other tracks, each sporting light, electro-pop elements. Red Velvet will perform “Russian Roulette” for the first time live on Thursday’s episode of M!Countdown.
Sherry Tucci is a fandom reporter who specializes in Korean pop culture and anime. In addition to her work at the Daily Dot, her reporting has appeared in the Daily Texan.