- Parked Tesla Model S bursts into flames in shocking video Today 3:12 PM
- Fortnite is getting an Avengers Endgame event Today 2:44 PM
- The living are facing the end of the world in the latest ‘Game of Thrones’ Today 2:37 PM
- The best Korean beauty toners for your skincare routine Today 2:33 PM
- Warren’s plan to cancel student debt stimulates the bad-take economy Today 2:27 PM
- Video shows Easter Bunny punching man on sidewalk Today 2:09 PM
- The 7 best lubes for when you wanna do butt stuff Today 2:00 PM
- 11 best sex toys under $35 to blow your mind Today 1:30 PM
- Twitch streamer inadvertently documents all the times she was sexually, verbally harassed on vacation Today 1:12 PM
- Raptors coach Nick Nurse becomes a relatable meme Today 1:12 PM
- Man wears bandage that blends in with his skin tone, and Twitter has all the feelings Today 12:55 PM
- The 8 best Korean sunscreens to add to your bag Today 12:15 PM
- New ‘Avengers: Endgame’ commercials drop a few big spoilers Today 11:58 AM
- 11 party games for people sick of playing Cards Against Humanity Today 11:45 AM
- Curvy Wife Guy makes the most Curvy Wife Guy pregnancy announcement Today 11:31 AM
Red Velvet’s new song ‘Russian Roulette’ is cute and dangerous
It’s a game you can’t control.
The girls of Red Velvet have returned with their third mini album, Russian Roulette, and single of the same name.
Earlier this year, Red Velvet released The Velvet EP with title track “One of These Nights,” which was the follow up to the group’s first full album, The Red. The release of Russian Roulette on Tuesday brings the girls back to their vivid music style—in contrast to The Red, which showcased their softer side and vocal talents.
“Russian Roulette” is a cute and bubbly song, complemented by the bright colors of the music video. Red Velvet’s sugar-coated voices in conjunction with an upbeat melody make it impossible not to bob your head to the music.
But don’t be fooled—its cheerful sound juxtaposes the catastrophic and lethal pranks the girls play on each other in the video. While the song sounds fun and adorable, the members show their dark side with stone-faced stares and subtle smirks. In one way or another, each member meets her unexpected demise, like a game of Russian Roulette.
The release comes with six other tracks, each sporting light, electro-pop elements. Red Velvet will perform “Russian Roulette” for the first time live on Thursday’s episode of M!Countdown.
Sherry Tucci is a fandom reporter who specializes in Korean pop culture and anime. In addition to her work at the Daily Dot, her reporting has appeared in the Daily Texan.