- Group running GoFundMe for border wall breaks ground without permits 8 Years Ago
- Biden says he won’t support federal legalization of marijuana 8 Years Ago
- People can’t get enough of ‘Baby Yoda’ 8 Years Ago
- ‘The Crown’ season 3 switches its cast but loses none of its intrigue 8 Years Ago
- Protesters occupying Hong Kong university post last wishes to Twitter as police move in 8 Years Ago
- Sara Lee navigates dirty Instagram comments after ‘SNL’ sketch 8 Years Ago
- YouTuber David Dobrik says his monthly earnings dipped $273K after ‘adpocalypse’ Today 10:47 AM
- Pete Buttigieg took a Holocaust memorial picture Today 10:14 AM
- #IVapeIVote may have helped Trump back off proposed vaping ban Today 8:59 AM
- Whataburger blasted for refusing to serve drag queen Today 8:33 AM
- ‘Justice League’ actors show support for the Snyder Cut campaign Today 8:08 AM
- Laura Loomer may be a fringe candidate, but she’s being funded by big-time GOP donors Today 8:00 AM
- TikTok teen makes a video of his English teacher, the guy who sang ‘Story of a Girl’ Today 7:50 AM
- The teens of TikTok are doing just fine, thank you very much Today 7:00 AM
- ‘Watchmen’ episode 5: Looking Glass just became one of the most compelling characters Sunday 9:05 PM
Reblog: This week on Tumblr
This week featured gossiping hippos, pepper-spraying cops and history with a gossipy twist.
On Tumblr this week, we found that hippos gossip just as much as your nosy cubicle mate, the 18th century has its own Perez Hilton and the Pepper Spraying Cop hates everything.
Wipe off that smudge of pumpkin pie on your glasses and enjoy Reblog, the Daily Dot’s take on the week that was on the sweetest of blogging websites.
Hippo Coworker was one our favorite new Tumblrs earlier this week with its spot-on captions of the annoying coworkers that inevitably fill up office parks around the world. As the week progressed, the blog smartly unveiled classifications of notorious coworkers, including the single coworker and the wanna be “cool” coworker.
So while you try to deflect your single colleague’s invitation to dinner, deflect his attention with Perez Hamilton—the 18th century’s very own Perez Hilton. Honestly, if you can somehow find a way to call a historical figure a “bb,” you will quickly become this writer’s new browser homepage.
Then there is this: Self Pop Tart dedicated to the fools who take cellphone pictures of themselves. But they replace the cellphone (or camera) with a Pop Tart. It doesn’t need more an explanation, really, but the Daily Dot did reach out to the unemployed blog’s creator. He told us the breakfast item takes away the “pompousness” of people posing with phones and that since he is looking for a job is he part of the “frosted percent.”
We can only imagine what Pepper Spraying Cop had to say about that but it looks like hes taking a trip through time and poisoning quarterbacks, The Beatles, and the cast of Sesame Street. So at least we found out how the cop is keeping busy now that he is on paid administrative leave.
A former editorial operations specialist and staff writer for the Daily Dot, Jordan Valinsky is a tech reporter and web culture commentator. His work has been published by the Week, Digiday, CNNMoney, Popular Mechanics, Vice, Mic, and Betabeat.