- iPhone overloaded? Here’s how to cancel app subscriptions Monday 11:02 PM
- Fan-created ‘app’ lets users experience the final moments of the ill-fated Jeremy Renner app Monday 10:00 PM
- Milo Yiannopoulos receives lifetime ban from furry convention Monday 7:49 PM
- Snapchat just made all political ads purchased publicly available Monday 6:12 PM
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Borussia Dortmund in Champions League action Monday 5:39 PM
- How to stream Liverpool vs. Napoli in Champions League action Monday 5:19 PM
- How to make real money with Amazon’s Mechanical Turk Monday 5:03 PM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Valencia in the Champions League group stage Monday 4:47 PM
- ‘SNL’ fires Shane Gillis for racist, homophobic comments Monday 4:41 PM
- Ben Shapiro wants accusers to describe Brett Kavanaugh’s penis Monday 4:30 PM
- Twitch suspends streamer for wearing Chun-Li cosplay Monday 4:11 PM
- Report: 8 years of Trump tax returns subpoenaed by prosecutors Monday 3:45 PM
- Netflix lands exclusive streaming rights to ‘Seinfeld’ Monday 3:34 PM
- Jenny Slate sets first comedy special at Netflix Monday 3:05 PM
- #EndSmearFear is aiming to save lives Monday 2:54 PM
Reblog: This week on Tumblr
This week on Tumblr, Missing E came under attack (again), the Iowa caucuses got their own blog , and Parks and Recreation met Kanye West. Oh, also: Gosblr!
In this week’s edition of Reblog, we suffer from Iowa caucuses overload, learn how to annoy developers who just want to make a world a better place, and find a much needed Parks and Recreation and Kanye West mash-up.
So, before one of Tumblr’s own journalists beats us to the punch, lets dig in to Reblog, our take on a busy four-day week in the Tumblrsphere.
The new year brought old problems for Tumblr, as the company continues to try to practically eliminate Missing E. (The fight first bubbled up in the summer, we first reported.) Missing E is a browser extension that adds some nifty features to your dashboard, such as a mass editor and timestamps.
Users are now greeted with a spooky pop-up that lists all the dangers of smoking—I mean Missing E. That’s hardly the most admirable way of dealing with this. Nothing would make Tumblr happier than seeing this useful app eliminated. But why not just bring Missing E’s creator, Jeremy Cutler into the fold and make Tumblr so much better? PROBLEM SOLVED.
Moving on, we glared at OffTheBus Iowa, a blog powered by people (like you and me!) who provided candid looks at the campaign trail—you know, the one that destroyed Iowa’s fragile mental well-being for the past month. But whatever, it’s fun to see that Iowans can’t figure out how to focus their cameras.
But this week’s best Tumblr goes to Park-Z and Kanye-ation which combines scenes from NBC’s Park and Recreation with lyrics from Watch the Throne, Kanye Wests and Jay-Z’s epic album. The combination of Tom Haverford and Kanye West can only lead to great things.
And don’t forget about Gosblr where we added five more blogs. You may doubt it’s importance, but the power of Gosblr only grows.
This week, we hit a record 300 followers. Next week, we’re shooting for 1 million.
A former editorial operations specialist and staff writer for the Daily Dot, Jordan Valinsky is a tech reporter and web culture commentator. His work has been published by the Week, Digiday, CNNMoney, Popular Mechanics, Vice, Mic, and Betabeat.