- Feds say college student operated drug business through gaming app 7 Years Ago
- Trump is again using old videos to claim his border wall is ‘under construction Today 4:05 PM
- Laura Loomer led a second protest at Twitter yesterday Today 3:37 PM
- The eyes have it in these ‘Alita: Battle Angel’ memes Today 2:13 PM
- Facebook let advertisers target users interested in infamous Nazis Today 1:58 PM
- Dem senator promises to put net neutrality on the ‘political hot seat’ in coming months Today 1:28 PM
- Someone figured out that Toothless from ‘How to Train Your Dragon’ looks just like Bulbasaur Today 12:44 PM
- Disturbing Snapchat video shows 17-year-old throwing dog on trampoline Today 12:16 PM
- How to watch the new Bon Appetit channel for free Today 12:03 PM
- Eminem disses Netflix for canceling ‘The Punisher’ Today 11:50 AM
- Florida prisons sued for depriving inmates of music they paid for Today 11:36 AM
- Chris Hemsworth will become Hulk Hogan for Netflix biopic Today 11:29 AM
- Fortnite just introduced a K-Pop skin, and here’s how to unlock it Today 11:06 AM
- The YouTuber who exposed the site’s ‘softcore pedophile ring’ is under attack Today 10:39 AM
- Trump randomly calls for companies to ‘step up’ their 5G efforts in U.S. Today 10:28 AM
This week on Tumblr, Missing E came under attack (again), the Iowa caucuses got their own blog , and Parks and Recreation met Kanye West. Oh, also: Gosblr!
In this week’s edition of Reblog, we suffer from Iowa caucuses overload, learn how to annoy developers who just want to make a world a better place, and find a much needed Parks and Recreation and Kanye West mash-up.
So, before one of Tumblr’s own journalists beats us to the punch, lets dig in to Reblog, our take on a busy four-day week in the Tumblrsphere.
The new year brought old problems for Tumblr, as the company continues to try to practically eliminate Missing E. (The fight first bubbled up in the summer, we first reported.) Missing E is a browser extension that adds some nifty features to your dashboard, such as a mass editor and timestamps.
Users are now greeted with a spooky pop-up that lists all the dangers of smoking—I mean Missing E. That’s hardly the most admirable way of dealing with this. Nothing would make Tumblr happier than seeing this useful app eliminated. But why not just bring Missing E’s creator, Jeremy Cutler into the fold and make Tumblr so much better? PROBLEM SOLVED.
Moving on, we glared at OffTheBus Iowa, a blog powered by people (like you and me!) who provided candid looks at the campaign trail—you know, the one that destroyed Iowa’s fragile mental well-being for the past month. But whatever, it’s fun to see that Iowans can’t figure out how to focus their cameras.
But this week’s best Tumblr goes to Park-Z and Kanye-ation which combines scenes from NBC’s Park and Recreation with lyrics from Watch the Throne, Kanye Wests and Jay-Z’s epic album. The combination of Tom Haverford and Kanye West can only lead to great things.
And don’t forget about Gosblr where we added five more blogs. You may doubt it’s importance, but the power of Gosblr only grows.
This week, we hit a record 300 followers. Next week, we’re shooting for 1 million.
A former editorial operations specialist and staff writer for the Daily Dot, Jordan Valinsky is a tech reporter and web culture commentator. His work has been published by the Week, Digiday, CNNMoney, Popular Mechanics, Vice, Mic, and Betabeat.