- Is that Rosa Parks in random Twitter user’s baby photo? Tuesday 8:24 PM
- Syracuse students say white supremacist manifesto was AirDropped to them Tuesday 7:44 PM
- Florida woman gets prison time for throwing slushie at Matt Gaetz Tuesday 6:28 PM
- Marie Kondo’s online store slammed for selling clutter-worthy products Tuesday 5:34 PM
- People are rallying against toxic masculinity on International Men’s Day Tuesday 4:42 PM
- Reddit wants to stop its pro-Trump forum from outing the alleged whistleblower Tuesday 3:38 PM
- White woman calls cops on man who said he was visiting aunt with his kids Tuesday 3:12 PM
- ‘The Stranded’ is a flawed yet addictive blend of ‘Degrassi’ and ‘Lost’ Tuesday 2:45 PM
- The ‘gonna tell my kids’ meme is revisionist history at its most absurd Tuesday 2:24 PM
- Redditor asks former burglars to give home security tips Tuesday 2:18 PM
- Facebook-Breitbart partnership under fire in wake of new Stephen Miller emails Tuesday 2:00 PM
- John Krasinski under fire after praising the CIA Tuesday 1:46 PM
- Conservatives melt down after Chick-fil-A says it will stop donating to anti-LGBTQ orgs Tuesday 1:33 PM
- ‘Honey Boy’ is an experimental look at channeling trauma Tuesday 1:28 PM
- Disney+ now allows users to resume and restart content Tuesday 11:42 AM
Reblog: This week on Tumblr
This week on Tumblr, Missing E came under attack (again), the Iowa caucuses got their own blog , and Parks and Recreation met Kanye West. Oh, also: Gosblr!
In this week’s edition of Reblog, we suffer from Iowa caucuses overload, learn how to annoy developers who just want to make a world a better place, and find a much needed Parks and Recreation and Kanye West mash-up.
So, before one of Tumblr’s own journalists beats us to the punch, lets dig in to Reblog, our take on a busy four-day week in the Tumblrsphere.
The new year brought old problems for Tumblr, as the company continues to try to practically eliminate Missing E. (The fight first bubbled up in the summer, we first reported.) Missing E is a browser extension that adds some nifty features to your dashboard, such as a mass editor and timestamps.
Users are now greeted with a spooky pop-up that lists all the dangers of smoking—I mean Missing E. That’s hardly the most admirable way of dealing with this. Nothing would make Tumblr happier than seeing this useful app eliminated. But why not just bring Missing E’s creator, Jeremy Cutler into the fold and make Tumblr so much better? PROBLEM SOLVED.
Moving on, we glared at OffTheBus Iowa, a blog powered by people (like you and me!) who provided candid looks at the campaign trail—you know, the one that destroyed Iowa’s fragile mental well-being for the past month. But whatever, it’s fun to see that Iowans can’t figure out how to focus their cameras.
But this week’s best Tumblr goes to Park-Z and Kanye-ation which combines scenes from NBC’s Park and Recreation with lyrics from Watch the Throne, Kanye Wests and Jay-Z’s epic album. The combination of Tom Haverford and Kanye West can only lead to great things.
And don’t forget about Gosblr where we added five more blogs. You may doubt it’s importance, but the power of Gosblr only grows.
This week, we hit a record 300 followers. Next week, we’re shooting for 1 million.
A former editorial operations specialist and staff writer for the Daily Dot, Jordan Valinsky is a tech reporter and web culture commentator. His work has been published by the Week, Digiday, CNNMoney, Popular Mechanics, Vice, Mic, and Betabeat.