- Oops: Christians petition Netflix to cancel Amazon Prime’s ‘Good Omens’ 7 Years Ago
- Popular YouTuber threatens suicide on social media, goes missing Today 9:17 AM
- ‘Neon Genesis Evangelion’ is finally coming to Netflix Today 9:07 AM
- Congress isn’t too keen on Facebook starting a cryptocurrency Today 8:56 AM
- Keanu Reeves could join the MCU, according to Kevin Feige Today 8:02 AM
- How to watch the U.S. women vs. Sweden online for free Today 7:00 AM
- What were these QAnon fans doing posing at Guantanamo Bay? Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch the 2019 NBA Draft online for free Today 6:00 AM
- Ta-Nehisi Coates dismantles Mitch McConnell’s anti-reparations argument Wednesday 7:52 PM
- Whoopi Goldberg stirs debate over her opinion regarding Bella Thorne’s nudes Wednesday 7:04 PM
- Joe Biden really, really hates raves Wednesday 6:02 PM
- RIP to the Twitter geotagging feature that no one actually used Wednesday 5:14 PM
- Facebook contractors reveal the horrors of moderating graphic content Wednesday 4:42 PM
- Prosecutor almost directly quoted Bible in trial against man who helped migrants Wednesday 4:05 PM
- TikTok’s time warp videos get it twisted Wednesday 4:03 PM
This week on Tumblr, Missing E came under attack (again), the Iowa caucuses got their own blog , and Parks and Recreation met Kanye West. Oh, also: Gosblr!
In this week’s edition of Reblog, we suffer from Iowa caucuses overload, learn how to annoy developers who just want to make a world a better place, and find a much needed Parks and Recreation and Kanye West mash-up.
So, before one of Tumblr’s own journalists beats us to the punch, lets dig in to Reblog, our take on a busy four-day week in the Tumblrsphere.
The new year brought old problems for Tumblr, as the company continues to try to practically eliminate Missing E. (The fight first bubbled up in the summer, we first reported.) Missing E is a browser extension that adds some nifty features to your dashboard, such as a mass editor and timestamps.
Users are now greeted with a spooky pop-up that lists all the dangers of smoking—I mean Missing E. That’s hardly the most admirable way of dealing with this. Nothing would make Tumblr happier than seeing this useful app eliminated. But why not just bring Missing E’s creator, Jeremy Cutler into the fold and make Tumblr so much better? PROBLEM SOLVED.
Moving on, we glared at OffTheBus Iowa, a blog powered by people (like you and me!) who provided candid looks at the campaign trail—you know, the one that destroyed Iowa’s fragile mental well-being for the past month. But whatever, it’s fun to see that Iowans can’t figure out how to focus their cameras.
But this week’s best Tumblr goes to Park-Z and Kanye-ation which combines scenes from NBC’s Park and Recreation with lyrics from Watch the Throne, Kanye Wests and Jay-Z’s epic album. The combination of Tom Haverford and Kanye West can only lead to great things.
And don’t forget about Gosblr where we added five more blogs. You may doubt it’s importance, but the power of Gosblr only grows.
This week, we hit a record 300 followers. Next week, we’re shooting for 1 million.
A former editorial operations specialist and staff writer for the Daily Dot, Jordan Valinsky is a tech reporter and web culture commentator. His work has been published by the Week, Digiday, CNNMoney, Popular Mechanics, Vice, Mic, and Betabeat.