- Redditor wants to know if he’s the a**hole for ghosting pregnant partner Thursday 8:19 PM
- How to go live on TikTok Thursday 8:08 PM
- Joey Salads suggests Democrats carried out Santa Clarita mass shooting Thursday 7:31 PM
- How influencers use TikTok to make money and launch careers Thursday 7:18 PM
- How to stream Argentina vs. Brazil live Thursday 6:51 PM
- How to watch Disney+ on a smart TV Thursday 6:28 PM
- Miss Fame calls out Justin Bieber for low music video appearance pay offer Thursday 6:19 PM
- Trump Jr. ranked No. 1 on best-seller list—after the GOP gave away copies of his book Thursday 5:45 PM
- How to get Disney+ bundle if you already subscribe to Hulu and/or ESPN+ Thursday 5:19 PM
- Mo’Nique suing Netflix for race and gender discrimination Thursday 5:09 PM
- Students outraged that professors accused of sexual misconduct are still teaching Thursday 5:00 PM
- TikTok users jokingly wear big hats to sneak snacks into movie theaters Thursday 3:59 PM
- Why today’s new facially recognition bill is being called ‘woefully’ inadequate Thursday 3:15 PM
- Facebook has given more user data to the government than ever before Thursday 2:57 PM
- How to sign up for Disney Plus Thursday 2:55 PM
Reblog: This week on Tumblr
Fred Durst does a juice cleanse and watches Downton Abbey while singing about plaid. No, wait, that mostly didn’t happen.
On Tumblr this week, we found out that everyone on Pinterest is drunk, that inanimate objects can troll you, and that Downton Abbey scenes combined with Beyoncé lyrics just make life better. Also: Fred Durst’s stomach shots!
So before a mental image of Durst’s post-holiday gutlet haunts you, let’s cleanse your soul toxins with Reblog, our take on the week that was on Tumblr.
Earlier this week, we considered the creators of new Tumblr-based Web series Plaid Forever: who they are, how they were raised, why they should have known better. It features guys wearing plaid while making decidedly nonviral videos about making viral videos.
Instead of enduring a lame three-minute music video adoremocking plaid, check out this cool Tumblr we found on Tuesday: Year of the Glitch. Phillip Stearns, the blog’s creator, turns camera malfunctions into art that’ss MoMA-approved. The Daily Dot interviewed Stearns. He said he might possibly sell prints of the crazy pictures soon, to people who like crazy pictures. Crazy is good!
We stared too much at Optillusions (Optical Illusions), a blog which pixeltrolls your visual organs. Alas, we never did find the shark, so maybe we should have a drink and start pinning.
Pinterest, You Are Drunk is a new blog that finds pins that don’t make sense. It seems there is a silent competition among your pin fanatics to try to one up each other to find the craziest crap online, like this failed American Apparel advertisement.
Soon to appear on your Downton Abbey pinboard are pictures from Downton Abbeyoncé, a brilliantly high/lowbrow Tumblr mixing Beyoncé lyrics and the equally aristocratic Grantham family. If you don’t get this, leave work right now and start watching.
Lastly, let’s leave with you our best weight-loss plan ever: a picture of a shirtless Fred Durst. It’s just as effective as watching his sex tape, really. The Limp Bizkit frontman is trying to unlump his body by going on a 60-day juice cleanse. He is documenting it on his Tumblr, like the teenage girl he has always been and always will be.
Gross. We’ll just stick to our Gosblr, where we added a few more Ryan Gosling-themed blogs and actually made Tumblr a better place.
A former editorial operations specialist and staff writer for the Daily Dot, Jordan Valinsky is a tech reporter and web culture commentator. His work has been published by the Week, Digiday, CNNMoney, Popular Mechanics, Vice, Mic, and Betabeat.