- ‘Zybourne Clock’ original art is selling for over $4,000 on eBay 2 Years Ago
- What is TikTok famous club, and can you trust it? 2 Years Ago
- ‘John Wick 4’ and ‘The Matrix 4,’ both starring Keanu Reeves, will come out on the same day 2 Years Ago
- Smoke ’em, pass ’em Week 15: It’s Tannehill’s world 2 Years Ago
- Trump mocks Greta Thunberg over ‘person of the year’ win Today 7:55 AM
- Temple student refers to Philly as the ‘ghetto’ in ‘unacceptable’ TikTok Today 7:52 AM
- The decade the hucksters overran the halls of power Today 6:30 AM
- Ninja mocked for not knowing how to make a sandwich Wednesday 9:30 PM
- Marvel comics writer discusses misogyny in the industry Wednesday 9:09 PM
- TikTok conspiracy theorists think Juice WRLD is still alive Wednesday 7:03 PM
- Conservatives are protesting YouTube’s new harassment rules Wednesday 5:36 PM
- YouTuber’s ‘creepy’ comment about Taylor Swift’s eggs gets ratioed Wednesday 5:31 PM
- Bloomberg razzed for accidentally making an Alexa Fleshlight Wednesday 5:29 PM
- Who is putting cowboy hats on pigeons? Wednesday 4:33 PM
- Scammer reportedly bribed Facebook employee to keep posts up Wednesday 3:36 PM
A woman who claims she lives with R. Kelly says she’s not a victim and is not being held against her will.
On Monday, a BuzzFeed report alleged that the singer is holding women at his Georgia and Illinois properties, controlling their activities and running a “cult.” On Monday night TMZ posted a video interview with 21-year-old Joycelyn Savage, one of the women who allegedly lives with Kelly. She claims she’s not being brainwashed and that she is OK, but she would not disclose her location or say if she lives with other women.
In a Monday press conference, Joycelyn’s mother said her daughter is “severely brainwashed” and asked for her release. Asante McGee, one of the women cited in the BuzzFeed report, said she’s been out of Kelly’s house since last summer, but that women had to ask permission to shower, eat, or leave a room, among other things. “He really manipulates your mind, because of who he is and his fame,” she said of Kelly.
Audra Schroeder is the Daily Dot’s senior entertainment writer, and she focuses on streaming, comedy, and music. Her work has previously appeared in the Austin Chronicle, the Dallas Observer, NPR, ESPN, Bitch, and the Village Voice. She is based in Austin, Texas.