- Yes, Tifa’s breasts are smaller in Final Fantasy 7 Remake. Here’s why Today 1:33 PM
- Google admits bug could let people spy on Nest cameras Today 1:29 PM
- The Trump 2020 bot campaign has begun Today 1:10 PM
- Here’s what’s coming and going on Netflix in July 2019 Today 12:39 PM
- Suicides in the U.S. are increasing at terrifying rates Today 12:32 PM
- Hannah’s season of ‘The Bachelorette’ goes up in smoke amid drama, receipts Today 12:27 PM
- Homophobic pastor blocked from hosting event at Cracker Barrel Today 12:01 PM
- Here’s what’s coming to Amazon Prime in July 2019 Today 12:01 PM
- Biden faces backlash for remarks about working with segregationist senators Today 10:58 AM
- J.J. Abrams’ 20-year-old son is writing Marvel’s new Spider-Man comic Today 10:55 AM
- Oops: Christians petition Netflix to cancel Amazon Prime’s ‘Good Omens’ Today 10:12 AM
- Popular YouTuber threatens suicide on social media, goes missing Today 9:17 AM
- ‘Neon Genesis Evangelion’ is finally coming to Netflix Today 9:07 AM
- Congress isn’t too keen on Facebook starting a cryptocurrency Today 8:56 AM
- Keanu Reeves could join the MCU, according to Kevin Feige Today 8:02 AM
The woman’s parents say she’s definitely being brainwashed.
A woman who claims she lives with R. Kelly says she’s not a victim and is not being held against her will.
On Monday, a BuzzFeed report alleged that the singer is holding women at his Georgia and Illinois properties, controlling their activities and running a “cult.” On Monday night TMZ posted a video interview with 21-year-old Joycelyn Savage, one of the women who allegedly lives with Kelly. She claims she’s not being brainwashed and that she is OK, but she would not disclose her location or say if she lives with other women.
In a Monday press conference, Joycelyn’s mother said her daughter is “severely brainwashed” and asked for her release. Asante McGee, one of the women cited in the BuzzFeed report, said she’s been out of Kelly’s house since last summer, but that women had to ask permission to shower, eat, or leave a room, among other things. “He really manipulates your mind, because of who he is and his fame,” she said of Kelly.
Audra Schroeder is the Daily Dot’s senior entertainment writer, and she focuses on streaming, comedy, and music. Her work has previously appeared in the Austin Chronicle, the Dallas Observer, NPR, ESPN, Bitch, and the Village Voice. She is based in Austin, Texas.