- No, that guy didn’t really fly alone on a Delta flight Saturday 4:31 PM
- Fans are paying to meet their favorite YouTubers online through pilot program Saturday 2:54 PM
- Behold: 12 straight hours of ‘Stranger Things” Alexei drinking a Slurpee Saturday 2:05 PM
- Influencer couple under fire for using holy water to splash genitals in Bali Saturday 1:29 PM
- These are the 10 best villains DC comics has ever conceived Saturday 1:11 PM
- The Daily Wire accused of stealing art design from pop artist for its merchandise Saturday 12:09 PM
- Instagram model Rianne Meijer on keeping it real with her followers Saturday 10:52 AM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Leicester City Saturday 8:30 AM
- Florida man arrested after allegedly texting girlfriend his mass shooting plans Saturday 8:27 AM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Celta Vigo Saturday 8:20 AM
- How to stream Seahawks vs. Vikings in NFL preseason action Saturday 8:00 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Chiefs in NFL preseason action Saturday 6:30 AM
- Chuck E. Cheese recycles pizza is the conspiracy theory that won’t die Saturday 6:30 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs Rams in NFL preseason action Saturday 6:00 AM
- Cómo ver el UFC 241: Daniel Cormier vs. Stipe Miocic Saturday 6:00 AM
Watch the viral stars of ROFLcon in super slo-mo
You’ve never seen Tron Guy or Leeroy Jenkins like this before.
Who doesn’t want to see the millisecond-by-millisecond trajectory of viral star Tron Guy Jay Maynard’s belly as he twirls a hula hoop?
This past weekend at ROFLcon, Internet video makers PopSpot Video plucked away the assembled Internet celebrities to a small room on Massachusetts Institute of Technology’s campus. There, facing lights and a platoon of attendants, the stars posed, made faces, jumped around, and battled each other with toy weapons as a camera filmed them at 1,000 frames per second. (When I checked out the room, Chuck Testa was smacking double rainbow guy Paul Vasquez in the face with a toy mace.)
PopStart’s founder is Woody Thompson. He’s also the creator of VH1’s Pop-Up videos and this new venture, unsurprisingly, gives the same treatment to viral videos. As a ROFLcon sponsor this year, PopStart is recording each of the conferences 35 panels, ensuring that all the Internet gathered this weekend at MIT will perpetuate on YouTube for posterity.
JAY Maynard, Tron Guy
Kevin Morris is a veteran web reporter and editor who specializes in longform journalism. He led the Daily Dot’s esports vertical and, following its acquisition by GAMURS in late 2016, launched Dot Esports, where he serves as the site’s editor-in-chief.