- Game developer Chucklefish accused of whitewashing characters of color Monday 5:22 PM
- Apple TV’s ‘Hala’ is a silent explosion of a coming-of-age film Monday 5:20 PM
- This new video game apparently lets you play Jesus Monday 4:02 PM
- Golden toilet creator sells world’s most expensive banana—only for another artist to eat it Monday 3:24 PM
- This new Chinese video game lets players attack Hong Kong protesters Monday 3:05 PM
- These TikTok videos that recreate NPC interactions from Skyrim are honestly incredible Monday 2:40 PM
- John Legend defends pro-consent ‘Baby It’s Cold Outside’ lyrics Monday 2:38 PM
- Video shows UC Berkeley student using racial slurs, making homophobic comments Monday 2:36 PM
- New video reveals Brother Nature instigated sandwich shop fight Monday 2:06 PM
- Lizzo’s thong dress breaks the internet Monday 1:25 PM
- Pixel Buds 2 or Apple AirPods 2: Which are right for you? Monday 1:09 PM
- It’s 2019: Make your holiday cards online, for free this year Monday 12:47 PM
- Fighting over the ‘Marriage Story’ fight scene becomes a meme Monday 12:41 PM
- ‘Trump is innocent!’: InfoWars correspondent interrupts impeachment hearing Monday 12:12 PM
- Video shows runner smacking reporter’s butt on live TV Monday 11:46 AM
Earlier this year, the internet went wild when Kim Kardashian posted photos with the most unlikely group of celebrities. Kanye West, Timothée Chalamet, and Pete Davidson all came together for dinner with Kid Cudi for his 35th birthday.
It seems Davidson was as surprised as the internet during that dinner, which reportedly occurred on Jan. 31. He went thinking he was just dining with Kid Cudi and put his card down, which makes sense because it was Cudi’s birthday. He was surprised when Chalamet and West showed up after he basically agreed to pay for a dinner consisting of “a bunch of rich people stuff.”
wow buried lede in this pete davidson video: he had to PAY for that dinner with kid cudi, kanye, and timothee chalamet because he thought it was just him and cudi and already put his card down. im screaming. https://t.co/CarT15Gr5W— zoë h. (@zoe_alliyah) March 27, 2019
West wasn’t concerned with who was paying. He “kept ordering the whole entire time,” Davidson said. When asked if West is a dessert guy, Davidson said he’s an “order the fucking everything because I can and then we all have one bite, maybe… because fuck you” guy. It sounds a lot like something West would do given his impulsive public acts.
Davidson was not prepared for West’s way of dining out. The bill ended up being so high that Davidson said he “had to book two more gigs in Ohio.” The funny news became a Twitter punchline on Thursday, as fans posted reaction memes.
pete davidson’s credit card when kanye and timothée show up to kid cudi’s birthday dinner pic.twitter.com/9edjn7T1AQ— iana murray (@ianamurray) March 28, 2019
Watch the full interview below:
Gabrielle Sorto is an Atlanta-based freelance writer covering culture, lifestyle, and news. Her work has appeared in CNN, Teen Vogue, INSIDER, and Vice. She can usually be found writing with an overpriced coffee in hand or hanging out with her dog, Rihanna, who is named after exactly who you think.