- ‘American Dirt’ controversy inspires meme about Latinx stereotypes in literature Wednesday 9:02 PM
- What is the TikTok ‘flex challenge’? Wednesday 8:03 PM
- GoFundMe to send ‘Target Tori’ on vacation raises more than $30K Wednesday 6:54 PM
- Furries stop domestic assault in viral video Wednesday 6:10 PM
- Gritty under police investigation for allegedly punching a teen fan Wednesday 6:04 PM
- Twitter users throw animal parties with emoji in new meme Wednesday 5:21 PM
- Woman who went viral supporting Soleimani killing exposed as Libyan militia lobbyist Wednesday 5:01 PM
- Jeff Bezos subtweets Saudi prince following phone hack report Wednesday 3:29 PM
- ‘Yeah, good. OK’ Bernie Sanders meme is a new way to dismiss people Wednesday 3:10 PM
- ‘Vanderpump Rules’ recap: Petty displays of affection Wednesday 2:12 PM
- Makeup artist transforms into Timothée Chalamet on TikTok Wednesday 1:54 PM
- Iguanas are falling from trees—and people are selling them online for food Wednesday 1:02 PM
- 75,000 sign petition to fire Wendy Williams after ‘cleft lip’ comment about Joaquin Phoenix Wednesday 12:30 PM
- Kim Kardashian says Kylie Jenner’s setting spray is ‘cheap sh*t’ Wednesday 11:59 AM
- Trump continues to demand Apple unlock iPhones for the government Wednesday 11:46 AM
Earlier this year, the internet went wild when Kim Kardashian posted photos with the most unlikely group of celebrities. Kanye West, Timothée Chalamet, and Pete Davidson all came together for dinner with Kid Cudi for his 35th birthday.
It seems Davidson was as surprised as the internet during that dinner, which reportedly occurred on Jan. 31. He went thinking he was just dining with Kid Cudi and put his card down, which makes sense because it was Cudi’s birthday. He was surprised when Chalamet and West showed up after he basically agreed to pay for a dinner consisting of “a bunch of rich people stuff.”
wow buried lede in this pete davidson video: he had to PAY for that dinner with kid cudi, kanye, and timothee chalamet because he thought it was just him and cudi and already put his card down. im screaming. https://t.co/CarT15Gr5W— zoë h. (@zoe_alliyah) March 27, 2019
West wasn’t concerned with who was paying. He “kept ordering the whole entire time,” Davidson said. When asked if West is a dessert guy, Davidson said he’s an “order the fucking everything because I can and then we all have one bite, maybe… because fuck you” guy. It sounds a lot like something West would do given his impulsive public acts.
Davidson was not prepared for West’s way of dining out. The bill ended up being so high that Davidson said he “had to book two more gigs in Ohio.” The funny news became a Twitter punchline on Thursday, as fans posted reaction memes.
pete davidson’s credit card when kanye and timothée show up to kid cudi’s birthday dinner pic.twitter.com/9edjn7T1AQ— iana murray (@ianamurray) March 28, 2019
Watch the full interview below:
Gabrielle Sorto is an Atlanta-based freelance writer covering culture, lifestyle, and news. Her work has appeared in CNN, Teen Vogue, INSIDER, and Vice. She can usually be found writing with an overpriced coffee in hand or hanging out with her dog, Rihanna, who is named after exactly who you think.