- TikTok’s ‘chin on palm’ challenge has people scratching their heads 7 Years Ago
- How to stream the 2019 NFL Draft for free 7 Years Ago
- How to watch every movie in the MCU before ‘Avengers: Endgame’ Today 8:00 AM
- Review: The apocalypse has never been more aimless than in Days Gone Today 7:00 AM
- ‘Boston bomber voting’ discourse is America at its dumbest Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch ‘Top Gear’ for free Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch Real Madrid vs. Getafe online for free Today 6:00 AM
- How safe is the ‘safest’ place in Winterfell? Today 5:00 AM
- Gynecologist explains why garlic shouldn’t go in vaginas Wednesday 7:08 PM
- People on Twitter are posting the 5 weirdest jobs they’ve had for this meme Wednesday 6:48 PM
- Mortal Kombat 11’s Jax ends slavery—and gamers are pissed Wednesday 5:46 PM
- GPS app gave hacker ability to remotely shut off car engines Wednesday 3:58 PM
- Scott Walker wore jeans for sexual assault awareness, and Twitter is reminding him of his misogynist past Wednesday 3:24 PM
- Hacked Lime scooters make sexual comments to riders Wednesday 3:03 PM
- ‘Bonding’ squanders its potential with weak jokes and limp structure Wednesday 2:49 PM
Aziz Ansari approves of Park-z and Kanye-ation, a new Tumblr that pairs lyrics from Kayne West’s and Jay-Z’s collaborative album with scenes from the hit NBC sitcom.
First, some clever pundit used Kanye West lyrics to caption New Yorker cartoons. Next, a Tumblr blog that mashed the Chicago rapper’s lyrics with screen shots from ‘90s sitcom Saved by the Bell amassed a following. Then, a crafty Etsy dealer started stitching and framing Weezy’s notoriously absurd tweets.
Now, Parks and Recreation is the latest spin-off to get the Kanye treatment with a two-day-old blog named Park-z and Kanye-ation. Photos of memorable Parks events are paired with the often NSFW lyrics from Watch the Throne, West’s blockbuster collaborationwith Jay-Z.
Parks and Rec meets the Throne?? Are you serious right now? This is amazing. Well done again Internet savvy Parks fans. I’m honestly kind of tearing up right now.
We suspect that this buzz is just the beginning. Although Tumblr keeps each blog’s number of followers private, we know know Ansari has a million followers on Twitter. If he has half as many on his Tumblr, Aziz is Bored, they’re bound to check out Park-z and Kanye-ation.
This is likely what the blog’s creator, David Diviny, had in mind. An Australian living and working in Hanoi, Vietnam, Divinity called out Ansari on his new Twitter and links to Kanye’d by the Bell, Watch the Cradle, and Aziz is Bored on the blog’s masthead. (He could not be reached for comment.
Personally, the Daily Dot’s looking forward to hopefully seeing Ron Swanson being paired West’s token lyric from “Murder in Excellence, “It’s time for us to stop and re-define black power, 41 souls murdered in 50 hours.”
Lauren Rae Orsini is a web culture reporter who specializes in anime and the business of fandom. Her work has been published by Forbes and Business Insider.