- Did Pete Buttigieg seriously just rip-off a famous Obama speech? 8 Years Ago
- The most dangerous TikTok challenges we’ve seen—so far 8 Years Ago
- PewDiePie wants Bernie Sanders to host meme review Today 1:44 PM
- Hilary Duff records confrontation with ‘creep’ taking photos of kids Today 1:08 PM
- BTS may have used Twitch streamer’s voice in song without permission Today 12:15 PM
- Gigi Hadid absolutely obliterates Jake Paul over Zayn Malik diss Today 10:26 AM
- People really want Chris Matthews fired after he compared Sanders’ Nevada win to Nazi invasion of France Today 9:35 AM
- Bernie Sanders wins Nevada Caucuses Saturday 6:54 PM
- MSNBC is out of its mind over Sanders leading Nevada Saturday 5:20 PM
- Kim Kardashian dragged for using makeup to darken her hands Saturday 4:13 PM
- TikTok users show how they turned their vehicles into incredible tiny homes Saturday 3:44 PM
- Woman iconically pranks man who sent her an unsolicited d*ck pic Saturday 2:25 PM
- ‘Terrifying’ deepfake puts Jeff Bezos and Elon Musk in ‘Star Trek’ Saturday 1:06 PM
- A 36-year-old called the cops after being booted from parents’ phone plan Saturday 12:16 PM
- People think novelist Dean Koontz predicted the coronavirus in 1981 thriller Saturday 10:22 AM
Parks and Recreation meets Watch the Throne
Aziz Ansari approves of Park-z and Kanye-ation, a new Tumblr that pairs lyrics from Kayne West’s and Jay-Z’s collaborative album with scenes from the hit NBC sitcom.
First, some clever pundit used Kanye West lyrics to caption New Yorker cartoons. Next, a Tumblr blog that mashed the Chicago rapper’s lyrics with screen shots from ‘90s sitcom Saved by the Bell amassed a following. Then, a crafty Etsy dealer started stitching and framing Weezy’s notoriously absurd tweets.
Now, Parks and Recreation is the latest spin-off to get the Kanye treatment with a two-day-old blog named Park-z and Kanye-ation. Photos of memorable Parks events are paired with the often NSFW lyrics from Watch the Throne, West’s blockbuster collaborationwith Jay-Z.
Parks and Rec meets the Throne?? Are you serious right now? This is amazing. Well done again Internet savvy Parks fans. I’m honestly kind of tearing up right now.
We suspect that this buzz is just the beginning. Although Tumblr keeps each blog’s number of followers private, we know know Ansari has a million followers on Twitter. If he has half as many on his Tumblr, Aziz is Bored, they’re bound to check out Park-z and Kanye-ation.
This is likely what the blog’s creator, David Diviny, had in mind. An Australian living and working in Hanoi, Vietnam, Divinity called out Ansari on his new Twitter and links to Kanye’d by the Bell, Watch the Cradle, and Aziz is Bored on the blog’s masthead. (He could not be reached for comment.
Personally, the Daily Dot’s looking forward to hopefully seeing Ron Swanson being paired West’s token lyric from “Murder in Excellence, “It’s time for us to stop and re-define black power, 41 souls murdered in 50 hours.”
Lauren Rae Orsini is a web culture reporter who specializes in anime and the business of fandom. Her work has been published by Forbes and Business Insider.