- Mike Pence, who fueled HIV outbreak, is now in charge of coronavirus outbreak Wednesday 9:15 PM
- Distressing TikTok shows woman being sexually harassed Wednesday 7:49 PM
- Dele Alli charged with misconduct for video mocking Asian man over the coronavirus Wednesday 7:18 PM
- Teen says she is suicidal after bullying video goes viral Wednesday 6:01 PM
- Trump supporters claim Reddit is staging a coup against The_Donald Wednesday 5:58 PM
- Conservative parliament member’s teabag photo spills serious tea Wednesday 5:27 PM
- Right-wing conspiracy theorists see coronavirus as a plot against Trump Wednesday 5:25 PM
- Chapo Trap House among leftist channels banned on Twitch for streaming Democratic debate Wednesday 4:20 PM
- Meet Ryker, the world’s worst service dog Wednesday 4:01 PM
- Far-right blogger claims Trump ordered arrest of Julian Assange Wednesday 3:47 PM
- Reddit man wants to tell people he’s been with his girlfriend for one year instead of 6—for an incredibly dumb reason Wednesday 2:18 PM
- John C. Reilly’s son Leo is a TikTok star Wednesday 1:58 PM
- ‘Vanderpump Rules’ recap: A friendship sails Wednesday 1:52 PM
- For celebs, Kobe Bryant tattoos are all the rage Wednesday 1:01 PM
- The internet has discovered Jim and Pam Halpert’s daughter—and she’s on TikTok Wednesday 12:32 PM
Overly Attached Girlfriend transforms in a new meme
A new image macro justifies the psychotic behavior of the world’s clingiest meme.
The world’s most overly attached girlfriend isn’t creepy. She’s just misunderstood.
Laina became an overnight Internet sensation when her creepy YouTube cover of Justin Bieber’s “Girlfriend” went viral in early June. The video, which features a wide-eyed Laina staring intently into the camera as she sings, has since collected more than 11 million views and inspired an image macro in her likeness: Overly Attached Girlfriend.
Despite the meme’s portrayal of her as an obsessive psycho, Laina has taken the fame in stride, often posing with fans for photos when out in public. But what the world has come to realize is that she is just a normal gal who is misunderstood.
That was the subject of a new chapter of the Overly Attached Girlfriend meme featuring a photo of Laina pleasantly eating a sundae and smiling normally. Here are some of the best image macros so far from Overly Misunderstood Girlfriend:
All images from quickmeme
Fernando Alfonso III served as an early Reddit and 4chan reporter and the Daily Dot’s first art director until 2016. He’s gone on to report at Lexington’s Herald-Leader and at the Houston Chronicle.