- ‘Christmas With My Father’: Generational tension, without the tension 7 Years Ago
- New ‘Rise of Skywalker’ clip includes a possible spoiler about Palpatine 7 Years Ago
- Teens keep trolling Florida’s new school safety app Today 6:30 AM
- What is the TikTok drink and can you still get it? Thursday 9:27 PM
- ‘Party, Party, Party’ TikTok meme grapples with party culture Thursday 8:43 PM
- Baby Yoda was just added to Sims 4 Thursday 7:54 PM
- Religious conservatives petition Netflix to pull ‘gay Jesus’ Christmas comedy Thursday 7:19 PM
- Kylie Jenner criticized for yet another expensive car post Thursday 5:57 PM
- Apex Legends became a major Pornhub search in 2019 Thursday 5:15 PM
- CBS accidentally interviewed InfoWars host as regular Trump supporter Thursday 4:31 PM
- TLC accused of fatphobia, fetishization with show about ‘mixed-weight’ couples Thursday 3:41 PM
- Betting odds show KSI could fight FaZe Sensei, Jake Paul, or Justin Bieber next Thursday 3:20 PM
- Nick Cannon releases another thirsty Eminem diss track Thursday 2:59 PM
- Dogs at polling stations are helping bark out the vote in the U.K. Thursday 1:00 PM
- Streamers dominated Pornhub searches in 2019 Thursday 12:59 PM
Overly Attached Girlfriend transforms in a new meme
A new image macro justifies the psychotic behavior of the world’s clingiest meme.
The world’s most overly attached girlfriend isn’t creepy. She’s just misunderstood.
Laina became an overnight Internet sensation when her creepy YouTube cover of Justin Bieber’s “Girlfriend” went viral in early June. The video, which features a wide-eyed Laina staring intently into the camera as she sings, has since collected more than 11 million views and inspired an image macro in her likeness: Overly Attached Girlfriend.
Despite the meme’s portrayal of her as an obsessive psycho, Laina has taken the fame in stride, often posing with fans for photos when out in public. But what the world has come to realize is that she is just a normal gal who is misunderstood.
That was the subject of a new chapter of the Overly Attached Girlfriend meme featuring a photo of Laina pleasantly eating a sundae and smiling normally. Here are some of the best image macros so far from Overly Misunderstood Girlfriend:
All images from quickmeme
Fernando Alfonso III served as an early Reddit and 4chan reporter and the Daily Dot’s first art director until 2016. He’s gone on to report at Lexington’s Herald-Leader and at the Houston Chronicle.