- James Charles receives backlash over ‘racist’ imitation of Latinx TikTok character, Rosa Tuesday 7:06 PM
- Video shows people harassing elderly Asian man while he collects cans Tuesday 6:23 PM
- Bob Iger steps down as Disney CEO, prompting conspiracy theories Tuesday 5:53 PM
- Bhad Bhabie threatens to kill Skai Jackson amid feud involving their moms Tuesday 4:51 PM
- Body camera shows officer boasting about arresting a 6-year-old Tuesday 3:58 PM
- Singer Duffy opens up about the rape, captivity that led her to stop singing Tuesday 3:51 PM
- Cynthia Nixon embodies feminist rage in viral video Tuesday 3:30 PM
- Samsung factory shuts down amid confirmed coronavirus case Tuesday 3:08 PM
- Bebe Rexha says she won’t be ‘imprisoned’ by bipolar disorder Tuesday 2:33 PM
- The ‘your music saved me’ meme celebrates the wackiest influences of our time Tuesday 2:20 PM
- This guy slapped his mom’s boobs for a TikTok and, honestly, it’s exhausting (updated) Tuesday 12:37 PM
- Jif peanut butter and Giphy have joined forces on how to pronounce ‘GIF’ Tuesday 12:19 PM
- This dad threw a 1-year HRT party for his trans son and the internet can’t get enough of it Tuesday 11:44 AM
- This petition wants Pornhub to be shut down for good Tuesday 11:03 AM
- Pete Buttigieg’s speech voice is suspiciously like Obama’s Tuesday 10:56 AM
One Direction on Zayn, and whether or not they’ll replace him
Louis says things are all good between him and Zayn. We want to believe.
The month since Zayn Malik broke our hearts by leaving One Direction has been a stressful one for fans: between his surprisingly nasty feud with former bandmate Louis Tomlinson, his retconning his social media, and his new non-regulation haircut, it’s been difficult to cope with the tragedy and move on.
But it seems everything may finally be golden. The remaining, never-flappable members of 1D seem to have moved on fully already. The group was fully prepared to handle the inevitable questions put to them about Zayn’s departure by the Late Late Show‘s host James Corden yesterday—and despite some awkwardness between Corden and a terse Harry Styles, they all seem to have put the whole thing squarely behind them.
So what do you think? We’re not sure we buy Louis’ statement that he and Zayn have since kissed and made up since their startling Twitter fight earlier this month. But since we hate to think of the guys fighting, or parting on anything less than friendly terms, we’ll hope for the best.
We do wish Harry had just come right out and elaborated on what we were all thinking when he responded “No,” to Corden’s query about whether he’d ever thought of getting a new fifth member.
It’s because Zayn is irreplaceable, right?
Screengrab via The Late Late Show/YouTube
Aja Romano is a geek culture reporter and fandom expert. Their reporting at the Daily Dot covered everything from Harry Potter and anime to Tumblr and Gamergate. Romano joined Vox as a staff reporter in 2016.