- If you have doubts about HBO’s ‘Watchmen,’ give it more time Sunday 9:00 PM
- Video shows moment coach disarmed student of shotgun, then hugged him Sunday 7:38 PM
- Jared Leto reportedly tried to stop ‘Joker’ from happening Sunday 4:12 PM
- People are grossed out by cow insemination-themed pregnancy announcement Sunday 3:13 PM
- Major protests in Lebanon triggered by plan to tax WhatsApp calls Sunday 1:38 PM
- Frank Ocean’s $60 HIV prevention drug-themed shirts called tone-deaf Sunday 12:49 PM
- ‘Joker’ stairs latest Instagram spot; locals joke about potential robberies Sunday 10:30 AM
- PewDiePie banned in China after reacting to Winnie the Pooh memes Sunday 8:46 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs. Eagles on Sunday Night Football Sunday 7:00 AM
- How to stream Chargers vs. Titans in Week 7 Sunday 6:00 AM
- 13 spooky romance games for adults Sunday 6:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6, episode 9 Sunday 5:00 AM
- How to stream Impact Wrestling’s Bound For Glory Sunday 5:00 AM
- How to stream Bills vs. Dolphins in Week 7 Sunday 4:30 AM
- How to stream Jaguars vs. Bengals in Week 7 Sunday 4:00 AM
Lori Laughlin’s daughters, Isabella and Olivia Jade, took a break from their social media hiatus to wish their mom a happy birthday. The family has been entangled in the notorious college admissions bribery scandal since March.
The pair disappeared from the public eye ever since their parents, Laughlin and designer Mossimo Giannulli, were both charged with conspiracy to commit mail fraud and honest-services mail fraud–a felony. The couple pleaded not guilty to the charges on April 15.
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by olivia jade (@oliviajade) on
In March, news broke that dozens of Hollywood stars and big-name business people were implicated in paying thousands, sometimes millions, of dollars to secure spots at top colleges for their children. The ringleader, William Singer, founded a college prep organization that falsified students’ standardized test scores and bribed coaches to let them into the college with fake athletic credentials.
Bella and Olivia Jade were both admitted to the University of Southern California thanks to half a million dollars their parents forked over and a few photos of them on ergometers to get them successfully recruited onto the USC crew team. A report came out in May, detailing that Olivia Jade knew about her parent’s involvement in the bribery scandal, but simply did not care.
While rumors continue to spread about whether Bella and Olivia Jade have withdrawn from USC, the university released a statement claiming that it’s “placed holds on the accounts of students who may be associated with the alleged admissions scheme.”
- Report: Olivia Jade knew about Lori Loughlin’s bribery scheme
- Lori Loughlin’s daughters, Olivia and Isabella, could be banned from USC forever
- College admissions scammer Rick Singer has a cringe-worthy YouTube channel
Got five minutes? We’d love to hear from you. Help shape our journalism and be entered to win an Amazon gift card by filling out our 2019 reader survey.
H/T the Cut
Katie Balevic is an editorial intern at the Daily Dot where she enjoys covering social justice issues and politics. Her previous work has appeared in the Daily Texan, the Victoria Advocate, and the Houston Defender.