- ‘The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance’ dazzles with a timely tale 3 Weeks Ago
- The DOJ emailed a white nationalist blog post to immigration judges 3 Weeks Ago
- The Amazon rainforest is on fire–and people are using memes to cope Today 4:11 PM
- Microsoft contractors listened in on Xbox users Today 2:15 PM
- Anti-vaxxer assaults pro-vaccine lawmaker on Facebook Live (updated) Today 2:15 PM
- Oreos licked by singer Lewis Capaldi are being auctioned off on eBay Today 1:54 PM
- Zach Braff predicted Sean Spicer would be on ‘Dancing With the Stars’ 2 years ago Today 1:38 PM
- NYPD sergeant who watched Eric Garner die punished with lost vacation days Today 1:27 PM
- Brie Larson haters have a meltdown over a joke about Thor’s hammer Today 1:26 PM
- This comedian attempted to make fun of women on Twitter—and it did not go over well Today 1:04 PM
- Logan Paul wants to help the Amazon rainforest Today 12:36 PM
- Nutaku announces redesign and filters for LGBTQ porn games Today 12:25 PM
- This video of dozens of inflatable mattresses taking off in the wind is perfect Today 12:20 PM
- Reddit mods restore Tiananmen Square image after censorship claims Today 12:18 PM
- Billie Eilish parody takes dad jokes to a whole new level Today 11:52 AM
Lori Laughlin’s daughters, Isabella and Olivia Jade, took a break from their social media hiatus to wish their mom a happy birthday. The family has been entangled in the notorious college admissions bribery scandal since March.
The pair disappeared from the public eye ever since their parents, Laughlin and designer Mossimo Giannulli, were both charged with conspiracy to commit mail fraud and honest-services mail fraud–a felony. The couple pleaded not guilty to the charges on April 15.
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by olivia jade (@oliviajade) on
In March, news broke that dozens of Hollywood stars and big-name business people were implicated in paying thousands, sometimes millions, of dollars to secure spots at top colleges for their children. The ringleader, William Singer, founded a college prep organization that falsified students’ standardized test scores and bribed coaches to let them into the college with fake athletic credentials.
Bella and Olivia Jade were both admitted to the University of Southern California thanks to half a million dollars their parents forked over and a few photos of them on ergometers to get them successfully recruited onto the USC crew team. A report came out in May, detailing that Olivia Jade knew about her parent’s involvement in the bribery scandal, but simply did not care.
While rumors continue to spread about whether Bella and Olivia Jade have withdrawn from USC, the university released a statement claiming that it’s “placed holds on the accounts of students who may be associated with the alleged admissions scheme.”
- Report: Olivia Jade knew about Lori Loughlin’s bribery scheme
- Lori Loughlin’s daughters, Olivia and Isabella, could be banned from USC forever
- College admissions scammer Rick Singer has a cringe-worthy YouTube channel
Got five minutes? We’d love to hear from you. Help shape our journalism and be entered to win an Amazon gift card by filling out our 2019 reader survey.
H/T the Cut
Katie Balevic is an editorial intern at the Daily Dot where she enjoys covering social justice issues and politics. Her previous work has appeared in the Daily Texan, the Victoria Advocate, and the Houston Defender.