- 75,000 sign petition to fire Wendy Williams after ‘cleft lip’ comment about Joaquin Phoenix 6 Months Ago
- Kim Kardashian says Kylie Jenner’s setting spray is ‘cheap sh*t’ 6 Months Ago
- Trump continues to demand Apple unlock iPhones for the government Today 11:46 AM
- Police officer suspended after video of a handcuffed Delonte West surfaces Today 11:33 AM
- ‘Girls don’t want a boyfriend’ meme leaves boyfriends in 2019 Today 11:21 AM
- Are these tweets about ‘The Bachelor’ or Trump’s impeachment? Today 10:45 AM
- Likely file Saudi prince sent to Jeff Bezos’ to hack his phone revealed Today 10:10 AM
- Will Olivia Jade have to testify against her mother, Lori Loughlin, in bribery trial? Today 10:07 AM
- Gina Rodriguez slammed for promoting ‘American Dirt’ Today 9:26 AM
- Netflix says ‘The Witcher’ is its biggest show. Is it really? Today 8:59 AM
- Tulsi Gabbard sues Hillary Clinton for podcast comments Today 8:53 AM
- Lizzo reps Beyoncé’s Ivy Park collection in adult-themed TikTok Today 7:58 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Eye for an Eye’ is a fun but messy thriller about revenge Today 7:00 AM
- Which 2020 Democratic candidates post the most cringe? Today 6:30 AM
- The new ‘Hunger Games’ book paints President Snow as a hero—and people are not happy Tuesday 9:03 PM
Lori Laughlin’s daughters, Isabella and Olivia Jade, took a break from their social media hiatus to wish their mom a happy birthday. The family has been entangled in the notorious college admissions bribery scandal since March.
The pair disappeared from the public eye ever since their parents, Laughlin and designer Mossimo Giannulli, were both charged with conspiracy to commit mail fraud and honest-services mail fraud–a felony. The couple pleaded not guilty to the charges on April 15.
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by olivia jade (@oliviajade) on
In March, news broke that dozens of Hollywood stars and big-name business people were implicated in paying thousands, sometimes millions, of dollars to secure spots at top colleges for their children. The ringleader, William Singer, founded a college prep organization that falsified students’ standardized test scores and bribed coaches to let them into the college with fake athletic credentials.
Bella and Olivia Jade were both admitted to the University of Southern California thanks to half a million dollars their parents forked over and a few photos of them on ergometers to get them successfully recruited onto the USC crew team. A report came out in May, detailing that Olivia Jade knew about her parent’s involvement in the bribery scandal, but simply did not care.
While rumors continue to spread about whether Bella and Olivia Jade have withdrawn from USC, the university released a statement claiming that it’s “placed holds on the accounts of students who may be associated with the alleged admissions scheme.”
- Report: Olivia Jade knew about Lori Loughlin’s bribery scheme
- Lori Loughlin’s daughters, Olivia and Isabella, could be banned from USC forever
- College admissions scammer Rick Singer has a cringe-worthy YouTube channel
Got five minutes? We’d love to hear from you. Help shape our journalism and be entered to win an Amazon gift card by filling out our 2019 reader survey.
H/T the Cut
Katie Balevic is an editorial intern at the Daily Dot where she enjoys covering social justice issues and politics. Her previous work has appeared in the Daily Texan, the Victoria Advocate, and the Houston Defender.