- Beto can’t leverage his slave owner ancestry to gain Black voters’ trust 3 Months Ago
- Oakland to become the third U.S. city to ban facial recognition 3 Months Ago
- ‘Release the Snyder Cut’ billboards pop up outside of San Diego Comic-Con Today 5:24 PM
- Iggy Azalea and Peppa Pig have an epic Twitter fight Today 4:39 PM
- Should you be concerned about your privacy on FaceApp? Today 4:15 PM
- Google ‘terminates’ Dragonfly, its censored search engine for China Today 3:33 PM
- AOC rips Facebook during Libra House hearing Today 3:14 PM
- The time traveler conversation meme finds its way to TikTok Today 2:52 PM
- Grimes claims she had an ‘experimental’ eye surgery and practices sword fighting Today 2:42 PM
- 70 Border Patrol employees under investigation for posts in secret Facebook group Today 1:45 PM
- Republican’s Operation Safe Return criticized as cover for mass deporation Today 1:42 PM
- ‘Chernobyl’ star Jared Harris is concerned about people taking Instagrams there Today 12:18 PM
- Mattel’s BTS dolls are finally up for preorder Today 12:14 PM
- Harry Styles is in talks to play Prince Eric in ‘The Little Mermaid’ Today 11:44 AM
- Graphic video shows father beating young daughter for being sexually active Today 11:40 AM
‘Simpsons’-themed metal band Okilly Dokilly finally made it on the show
It’s about time the Ned Flanders-obsessed band got some shine.
The Ned Flanders-themed metal band Okilly Dokilly has long been a source of internet amusement, but now it appears they made the big time: The Simpsons’ end credits.
The Arizona band’s 2016 video for the single “White Wine Spritzer,” off the album Howdilly Doodilly, landed in the end credits of Sunday night’s Simpsons episode, “I’m Just a Girl Who Can’t Say D’oh.”
In a Facebook post, the band said the show’s producers contacted them asking for permission to air the video, adding: “We’ve been in complete and total disbelief, until tonight, when it ACTUALLY HAPPENED.”
Neighborinos! We have some VERY SPECIAL NOSE NEWS! Us Neds were recently contacted by the wonderful folks over at The Simpsons. They asked us if they could air the White Wine Spritzer music video during the credits of an episode. We've been in complete and total disbelief, until tonight, when it ACTUALLY HAPPENED.Tonight, season 30, episode 20, Okilly Dokilly was on the Simpsons.We did it neighborinos. Thank you. Thank you so much.Posted by Okilly Dokilly on Sunday, April 7, 2019
It’s about time. The band is currently touring the East coast behind the release of new album Howdilly Twodilly, and we have inside information that their live shows are worth it.
Audra Schroeder is the Daily Dot’s senior entertainment writer, and she focuses on streaming, comedy, and music. Her work has previously appeared in the Austin Chronicle, the Dallas Observer, NPR, ESPN, Bitch, and the Village Voice. She is based in Austin, Texas.