- Report finds some users can’t opt out of Facebook’s face recognition Monday 7:27 PM
- Get emotional over this real-life pastor baptizing an anime girl in virtual reality Monday 6:53 PM
- Twitter wants to know what Jack in the Box did to offend Kim Kardashian Monday 6:38 PM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ meme claims King’s Landing is an ‘inside job’ Monday 6:06 PM
- Report: Personal data of 49 million Instagram influencers exposed online Monday 4:57 PM
- ‘Stranger Things’ season 3 trailer teases a wet, hot American summer Monday 4:02 PM
- What Daenerys’ biggest ‘Game of Thrones’ scenes have in common with Nazi propaganda Monday 3:12 PM
- Here’s what’s coming to Amazon Prime in June Monday 2:11 PM
- Where did Jon Snow go? Unpacking the ‘Game of Thrones’ ending Monday 2:04 PM
- So, did anyone actually win ‘Game of Thrones’? Monday 1:29 PM
- The surprising religious subtext of ‘John Wick: Chapter 3’ Monday 12:53 PM
- Robin Arryn got hot—and the internet is seriously shook Monday 12:40 PM
- Tana Mongeau is going to VidCon a year after TanaCon disaster Monday 12:12 PM
- What have 2020 Democrats said about Alabama’s abortion ban? Monday 11:36 AM
- People keep throwing milkshakes at the U.K.’s far-right politicians Monday 11:10 AM
‘Simpsons’-themed metal band Okilly Dokilly finally made it on the show
It’s about time the Ned Flanders-obsessed band got some shine.
The Ned Flanders-themed metal band Okilly Dokilly has long been a source of internet amusement, but now it appears they made the big time: The Simpsons’ end credits.
The Arizona band’s 2016 video for the single “White Wine Spritzer,” off the album Howdilly Doodilly, landed in the end credits of Sunday night’s Simpsons episode, “I’m Just a Girl Who Can’t Say D’oh.”
In a Facebook post, the band said the show’s producers contacted them asking for permission to air the video, adding: “We’ve been in complete and total disbelief, until tonight, when it ACTUALLY HAPPENED.”
Neighborinos! We have some VERY SPECIAL NOSE NEWS! Us Neds were recently contacted by the wonderful folks over at The Simpsons. They asked us if they could air the White Wine Spritzer music video during the credits of an episode. We've been in complete and total disbelief, until tonight, when it ACTUALLY HAPPENED.Tonight, season 30, episode 20, Okilly Dokilly was on the Simpsons.We did it neighborinos. Thank you. Thank you so much.
Posted by Okilly Dokilly on Sunday, April 7, 2019
It’s about time. The band is currently touring the East coast behind the release of new album Howdilly Twodilly, and we have inside information that their live shows are worth it.
Audra Schroeder is the Daily Dot’s senior entertainment writer, and she focuses on streaming, comedy, and music. Her work has previously appeared in the Austin Chronicle, the Dallas Observer, NPR, ESPN, Bitch, and the Village Voice. She is based in Austin, Texas.