- ‘The Liar, the Snitch, and the War Crimes’: Twitter roasts news of Trump Jr. book deal Today 12:36 PM
- Polar Peak in Fortnite is cracking, and players think a dragon may be beneath the ice Today 12:07 PM
- ‘Rise of Skywalker’ first look reveals mysterious new characters Today 12:00 PM
- Meet the anti-choice, pro-NRA Trump supporter challenging Rep. Justin Amash Today 11:51 AM
- Moby attempts to prove he dated Natalie Portman with a shirtless photo Today 11:39 AM
- After feuding with James Charles, Tati Westbrook angers the YouTube community Today 11:06 AM
- Does Keri Russell’s ‘Rise of Skywalker’ character have an offensive name in Spanish? Today 10:59 AM
- It’s not clear if Ralph Northam is in racist yearbook photo, investigators say Today 10:48 AM
- The atonement of an alt-right troll Today 9:25 AM
- #StopTheBans protests draw thousands across the country in support of abortion rights Today 9:24 AM
- North Korea is using Trump’s low IQ attack on Joe Biden Today 9:14 AM
- How to watch ‘Kidding’ for free Today 8:00 AM
- What’s the deal with Bran Stark at the end of ‘Game of Thrones’? Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch TruTV online for free Today 6:00 AM
- Fans call out Madonna for edited Eurovision video Tuesday 9:36 PM
Jimmy Fallon blew a date with Nicole Kidman and didn’t even know it
Everything is 20/20 on hindsight.
Oh, what could’ve been.
Nicole Kidman came on the Tonight Show to promote Paddington Bear, but she preferred to talk about the last time she and Jimmy Fallon met instead. Years ago, when they were both single, she liked him and had a mutual friend connect them. Jimmy Fallon, however, was so oblivious to the whole thing that he only found out about it Tuesday night, as she told him the story.
“It was bad,” she said as Fallon hid under his desk in embarrassment.
The whole thing is worth watching, and at one point Fallon leaves the desk after she voices a theory she had as to why it didn’t work.
Both Fallon and Kidman are happily married and have children with their respective partners, so there’s no hard feelings. But it’s still kinda delightful to see Fallon squirm in his chair.
Screengrab via The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon/YouTube
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.