- Is that Rosa Parks in random Twitter user’s baby photo? Tuesday 8:24 PM
- Syracuse students say white supremacist manifesto was AirDropped to them Tuesday 7:44 PM
- Florida woman gets prison time for throwing slushie at Matt Gaetz Tuesday 6:28 PM
- Marie Kondo’s online store slammed for selling clutter-worthy products Tuesday 5:34 PM
- People are rallying against toxic masculinity on International Men’s Day Tuesday 4:42 PM
- Reddit wants to stop its pro-Trump forum from outing the alleged whistleblower Tuesday 3:38 PM
- White woman calls cops on man who said he was visiting aunt with his kids Tuesday 3:12 PM
- ‘The Stranded’ is a flawed yet addictive blend of ‘Degrassi’ and ‘Lost’ Tuesday 2:45 PM
- The ‘gonna tell my kids’ meme is revisionist history at its most absurd Tuesday 2:24 PM
- Redditor asks former burglars to give home security tips Tuesday 2:18 PM
- Facebook-Breitbart partnership under fire in wake of new Stephen Miller emails Tuesday 2:00 PM
- John Krasinski under fire after praising the CIA Tuesday 1:46 PM
- Conservatives melt down after Chick-fil-A says it will stop donating to anti-LGBTQ orgs Tuesday 1:33 PM
- ‘Honey Boy’ is an experimental look at channeling trauma Tuesday 1:28 PM
- Disney+ now allows users to resume and restart content Tuesday 11:42 AM
Nicki Minaj and Eminem might seem the unlikeliest couple in the universe (besides Elon Musk and Grimes), and yet the rumor mill fired off Friday with news that the two rappers could be dating—or just trolling their Instagram followers.
The theory was prompted by Nicki’s part in “Big Bank,” a track dropped Friday by YG featuring her, 2 Chainz, and Big Sean. In her verse, Nicki makes a clear Eminem reference. She raps: “Back to back Maybach, stack the M’s/Told ’em I met Slim Shady, bag the M/Once he go black, he’ll be back again.”
On an Instagram post promoting “Big Bank,” a fan asked the New York rapper if she’s really dating Slim Shady. “Yes,” Nicki wrote. And adding fuel to the rumor fire, Eminem backed her up, writing, “girl you know it’s true…”
Nicki wrote back to Eminem: “Babe I thought we were gonna keep it on the low til the wedding. Yikes. I’ll talk to you when I get home.”
It’s unclear at this point whether Nicki and Eminem are dating, trolling, or (maybe) some of both.
Nicki, who worked with Eminem on her 2010 track “Roman’s Revenge,” joked with Ellen DeGeneres last year that she was through with men after relationships with Meek Mill and Safaree Samuels. Six months later, her secret relationship with hip-hop artist Nas ended.
Regardless of whether there’s any truth to the rumored coupling with Eminem, Nicki has been busy at work on her new album. She just announced Queen will drop August 10.
H/T E! News
Kris Seavers is the IRL editor for the Daily Dot. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.