- If you love long-winded, hashtag-heavy Instagram captions, these apps can help 1 Year Ago
- Teen girls on TikTok have convinced the internet that they eat their tampons 1 Year Ago
- Twitch streamer faces criticism for trying to defend racist jokes 1 Year Ago
- How to stream Raiders vs. Vikings in Week 3 Today 12:55 PM
- NRA calls Beto O’Rourke ‘AR-15 salesman of the month’ in wake of buyback proposal Today 12:03 PM
- After 23 deaths, Sean Bean is tired of getting killed on-screen Today 11:48 AM
- Stephen Miller has a girlfriend—and people are stunned Today 11:35 AM
- Mickey Rourke says Robert De Niro iced him out of ‘The Irishman’ Today 11:07 AM
- Conservative men are melting down over Elizabeth Warren’s speech Today 10:40 AM
- People are calling rapper Tekashi 69 a ‘snitch’ for outing gang members Today 10:16 AM
- Greta Thunberg tells Congress to ‘listen to the scientists’ about climate crisis Today 9:55 AM
- Maybe we should start taking Tom DeLonge seriously about UFOs Today 9:11 AM
- Get ready to argue about the alternate-history politics of HBO’s ‘Watchmen’ Today 8:53 AM
- Third instance of Justin Trudeau wearing racist makeup emerges after he apologized for first 2 Today 8:45 AM
- 6 must-watch college football games to stream this weekend Today 8:12 AM
Nicki Minaj and Eminem might seem the unlikeliest couple in the universe (besides Elon Musk and Grimes), and yet the rumor mill fired off Friday with news that the two rappers could be dating—or just trolling their Instagram followers.
The theory was prompted by Nicki’s part in “Big Bank,” a track dropped Friday by YG featuring her, 2 Chainz, and Big Sean. In her verse, Nicki makes a clear Eminem reference. She raps: “Back to back Maybach, stack the M’s/Told ’em I met Slim Shady, bag the M/Once he go black, he’ll be back again.”
On an Instagram post promoting “Big Bank,” a fan asked the New York rapper if she’s really dating Slim Shady. “Yes,” Nicki wrote. And adding fuel to the rumor fire, Eminem backed her up, writing, “girl you know it’s true…”
Nicki wrote back to Eminem: “Babe I thought we were gonna keep it on the low til the wedding. Yikes. I’ll talk to you when I get home.”
It’s unclear at this point whether Nicki and Eminem are dating, trolling, or (maybe) some of both.
Nicki, who worked with Eminem on her 2010 track “Roman’s Revenge,” joked with Ellen DeGeneres last year that she was through with men after relationships with Meek Mill and Safaree Samuels. Six months later, her secret relationship with hip-hop artist Nas ended.
Regardless of whether there’s any truth to the rumored coupling with Eminem, Nicki has been busy at work on her new album. She just announced Queen will drop August 10.
H/T E! News
Kris Seavers is the IRL editor for the Daily Dot. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.