- Twitter lifts ‘permanent’ suspension of activist Barrett Brown Monday 5:52 PM
- Billie Eilish fans fend off objectifying comments on tank top photo Monday 5:32 PM
- Groom’s mother sabotages wedding by tricking guests into wearing jorts and hoodies Monday 4:39 PM
- No one believes Bill de Blasio’s son sent him these debate prep texts Monday 3:26 PM
- Meek Mill, Jay-Z to release ‘Free Meek’ documentary on Amazon Prime Monday 3:20 PM
- 3 ways to secure your Nest cameras Monday 3:15 PM
- This Pokémon generator site is creating hilarious monsters Monday 2:48 PM
- MrBeast impersonator tricks kid into destroying his XBox Monday 12:50 PM
- This mom has the perfect nickname for her nonbinary kid Monday 12:25 PM
- Netflix tests pop-out player that will allow viewers to multitask Monday 11:44 AM
- Man allowed to sue media publishers over readers’ Facebook comments Monday 11:42 AM
- Republicans slammed for joke about ‘heavily armed militia’ at Oregon statehouse Monday 11:30 AM
- New bill wants tech companies to tell you how much your data is worth Monday 10:53 AM
- AOC has the best response to Steve King’s ‘concentration camp’ criticism Monday 10:19 AM
- Did Jake Paul and Tana Mongeau just get engaged? Monday 9:26 AM
Netflix wants more ‘Master of None’ despite Aziz Ansari’s sexual assault allegations
During a Television Critics Association panel on Sunday, Netflix VP of Original Series Cindy Holland said that they “certainly have given some thought to it and would be happy to make another season of Master of None whenever Aziz is ready.” Ansari said after season 2 was released that it might be the last.
Netflix hasn’t had the best track record over the last year: Kevin Spacey was fired from House of Cards after allegations of misconduct (on set and off) surfaced; Arrested Development‘s Jeffrey Tambor was accused of verbal abuse by co-star Jessica Walter, and fired from Transparent after accusations of sexual harassment; the showrunners of Stranger Things were accused of verbal abuse by a former crew member, and season 2 actor Sadie Sink was reportedly unaware she would have to kiss another actor.
Holland addressed the delay of Stranger Things season 3, saying it wouldn’t return until summer 2019 but didn’t give a specific reason why. She also addressed issues of safety on set:
Our first priority is to make sure that every set is safe and happy and healthy for everyone involved. Certainly, events of the past year have even created more heightened awareness around any potential issues that might happen on set.
Audra Schroeder is the Daily Dot’s senior entertainment writer, and she focuses on streaming, comedy, and music. Her work has previously appeared in the Austin Chronicle, the Dallas Observer, NPR, ESPN, Bitch, and the Village Voice. She is based in Austin, Texas.