Netflix wants more ‘Master of None’ despite Aziz Ansari’s sexual assault allegations

Netflix/YouTube

BTW

Netflix is apparently on board with another season of Master of None, even after its star Aziz Ansari was accused of sexual assault earlier this year.

During a Television Critics Association panel on Sunday, Netflix VP of Original Series Cindy Holland said that they “certainly have given some thought to it and would be happy to make another season of Master of None whenever Aziz is ready.” Ansari said after season 2 was released that it might be the last.

Netflix hasn’t had the best track record over the last year: Kevin Spacey was fired from House of Cards after allegations of misconduct (on set and off) surfaced; Arrested Development‘s Jeffrey Tambor was accused of verbal abuse by co-star Jessica Walter, and fired from Transparent after accusations of sexual harassment; the showrunners of Stranger Things were accused of verbal abuse by a former crew member, and season 2 actor Sadie Sink was reportedly unaware she would have to kiss another actor.

Holland addressed the delay of Stranger Things season 3, saying it wouldn’t return until summer 2019 but didn’t give a specific reason why. She also addressed issues of safety on set:

Our first priority is to make sure that every set is safe and happy and healthy for everyone involved. Certainly, events of the past year have even created more heightened awareness around any potential issues that might happen on set.

Ansari issued a response to the allegation of assault in January, and he has been doing standup again.

H/T Vulture 

Audra Schroeder

Audra Schroeder

Audra Schroeder is the Daily Dot’s senior entertainment writer, and she focuses on streaming, comedy, and music. Her work has previously appeared in the Austin Chronicle, the Dallas Observer, NPR, ESPN, Bitch, and the Village Voice. She is based in Austin, Texas.