- Harness the power of sun: The best solar-powered phone charges 8 Years Ago
- Majority of threats made since El Paso and Dayton shootings have been made online Thursday 8:00 PM
- Miley Cyrus tweets about cheating allegations and penis cake drama Thursday 6:32 PM
- ‘The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance’ dazzles with a timely tale Thursday 6:00 PM
- The DOJ emailed a white nationalist blog post to immigration judges Thursday 5:31 PM
- The Amazon rainforest is on fire–and people are using memes to cope Thursday 4:11 PM
- Microsoft contractors listened in on Xbox users Thursday 2:15 PM
- Anti-vaxxer assaults pro-vaccine lawmaker on Facebook Live (updated) Thursday 2:15 PM
- Oreos licked by singer Lewis Capaldi are being auctioned off on eBay Thursday 1:54 PM
- Zach Braff predicted Sean Spicer would be on ‘Dancing With the Stars’ 2 years ago Thursday 1:38 PM
- NYPD sergeant who watched Eric Garner die punished with lost vacation days Thursday 1:27 PM
- Brie Larson haters have a meltdown over a joke about Thor’s hammer Thursday 1:26 PM
- This comedian attempted to make fun of women on Twitter—and it did not go over well Thursday 1:04 PM
- Logan Paul wants to help the Amazon rainforest Thursday 12:36 PM
- Nutaku announces redesign and filters for LGBTQ porn games (updated) Thursday 12:25 PM
Graced with a nip slip
Controversial commentator Nancy Grace gets visually controversial when her nippple slips from her dress during live TV. People noticed.
A nip slip (nipple slip) is like a solar eclipse: it happens ever so often and when it does, most people look away while some lean in to sneak a peek.
On Monday night’s “Dancing with the Stars,” TV host Nancy Grace accidentally exposed her nipple, capturing the media’s attention and causing some Twitter users to mockingly claim it had left them blind
During a dance routine on the hit reality show, Grace, a controversial legal commentator who hosts her own show on CNN Headline News (HLN), accidentally exposed her breast “after an energetic performance with partner Tristan MacManus,” according to ABC News.
The wardrobe malfunction took Twitter by storm and quickly became a top trending topic. Since 11 p.m. Monday ET, the TV host has been mentioned more than 3,000 times, according to statistics from Topsy, a social media search engine.
Most people on the micro blogging reacted to Grace’s exposed areola with a mixture of mock outrage and perhaps very real disgust.
“Four words I prayed I would never see together: ‘Nancy Grace nip slip,’” tweeted Eric Stangel, executive producer for the “Late Show with David Letterman. “I just threw up my last 4 meals….”
“I’m officially blind from the Nancy Grace nip slip on #DWTS,” tweeted dbone15. “What a friggin pig.”
Nipple slips have been a part of American culture for more than a decade. By far, the most famous bust revealing incident happened on Feb. 1, 2004, during the Super Bowl halftime show. During the performance, Justin Timberlake says he accidentally exposed Janet Jackson’s breast, resulting in a $550,000 fine for CBS, although many speculated that the whole event was staged.
With that, the term “wardrobe malfunction” was added to the American lexicon.
Fernando Alfonso III served as an early Reddit and 4chan reporter and the Daily Dot’s first art director until 2016. He’s gone on to report at Lexington’s Herald-Leader and at the Houston Chronicle.