- Man delighted to find 30-year-old computer still works Sunday 5:32 PM
- Report: Google used shell companies to build data centers, obtain tax breaks Sunday 3:38 PM
- Grammy winner Kacey Musgraves spoiled ‘RuPaul’s Drag Race All Stars 4’ Sunday 2:24 PM
- Conservatives feel vindicated by new developments in Jussie Smollett case (updated) Sunday 12:19 PM
- Don Cheadle made important fashion choices on ‘SNL’ Sunday 9:47 AM
- Why the Twitter left loves to dunk on Max Boot Sunday 6:30 AM
- How to watch ‘Last Week Tonight with John Oliver’ online for free Sunday 6:30 AM
- How to stream Francis Ngannou vs. Cain Velasquez for free Sunday 6:00 AM
- How to stream the 2019 Daytona 500 for free Sunday 5:50 AM
- 7-year-old YouTuber to get his own show on Nickelodeon Saturday 5:30 PM
- ‘Hipster’ jobs are trending, and Indeed says the market is booming Saturday 3:33 PM
- Trump meme removed after copyright complaint Saturday 2:15 PM
- Facebook pushes back against moderators complaining about ‘Big Brother’ environment Saturday 12:46 PM
- Twitter hid post from an account linked to Iran’s Supreme Leader Saturday 10:17 AM
- How to stream Leo Santa Cruz vs. Rafael Rivera for free Saturday 8:00 AM
Saturday Night Live‘s beloved club kid returned to the Weekend Update on Saturday. Now you can friend him on Facebook.
Here at the Daily Dot, we swap GIF images with each other every morning. Now we’re looping you in. In the Morning GIF, we feature a popular—or just plain cool—GIF we found on Reddit, Canvas, or elsewhere on the Internet.
Last weekend saw the triumphant return of Stefon, Saturday Night Live’s beloved club kid, to the Weekend Update. And the world rejoiced.
After making his (apparently successful) move on Weekend Update host Seth Meyers, the club kid appears to have gone mainstream, with a Facebook profile Twitter account that boasts 6,266 followers at last count.
Stefon is also, not coincidentally, on Tumblr. Where he has found a spiritual home and needs for nothing.
This “OMG I’m so grateful you Reblogged me!!!1!” set comes from the generally old Hollywood-focused Tumblr TheStarsHaveLostTheirGlitter, which has broken out of its normal James Dean/Kate Winslet rut to feature this club kid fresh out of the alt-emo scene.
The set has 3760 notes, but expect that to grow as people realize they can actually friend Stefon on Facebook. Imagine the gloating points in junior high!
Lorraine Murphy is an Ottawa-based cybersecurity journalist and founding editor of the Cryptosphere. She has a keen interest in WikiLeaks and web culture, and her bylines have appeared in Salon, Vanity Fair, Serious Eats, and elsewhere.