- Fans just discovered Lizzo’s old YouTube channel–and it’s full of gems 7 Years Ago
- The ‘Final Destination’ movies are now streaming on Hulu Today 2:44 PM
- Marvel asked ‘Maus’ author to remove Trump reference from essay–he refused Today 2:02 PM
- Counselors reportedly pressured to share private info about Facebook moderators Today 1:20 PM
- Barstool Sports founder under investigation for anti-union tweets Today 12:34 PM
- Harmony Korine’s ‘The Beach Bum’ is now streaming on Hulu Today 12:19 PM
- How an Instagram feud led to the death of 9-year-old girl Today 11:08 AM
- A scarier ‘The Haunting of Hill House’ extended director’s cut is coming to Blu-ray Today 9:15 AM
- The 9 best podcasts for kids that entertain and educate Today 8:00 AM
- Swipe This! Why does my BFF get more likes on Instagram than me? Today 6:00 AM
- The 25 Tom Cruise movies that are essential viewing Today 6:00 AM
- No, that guy didn’t really fly alone on a Delta flight Saturday 4:31 PM
- Fans are paying to meet their favorite YouTubers online through pilot program Saturday 2:54 PM
- Behold: 12 straight hours of ‘Stranger Things” Alexei drinking a Slurpee Saturday 2:05 PM
- Influencer couple under fire for using holy water to splash genitals in Bali Saturday 1:29 PM
The Morning GIF: Stefon!
Saturday Night Live‘s beloved club kid returned to the Weekend Update on Saturday. Now you can friend him on Facebook.
Here at the Daily Dot, we swap GIF images with each other every morning. Now we’re looping you in. In the Morning GIF, we feature a popular—or just plain cool—GIF we found on Reddit, Canvas, or elsewhere on the Internet.
Last weekend saw the triumphant return of Stefon, Saturday Night Live’s beloved club kid, to the Weekend Update. And the world rejoiced.
After making his (apparently successful) move on Weekend Update host Seth Meyers, the club kid appears to have gone mainstream, with a Facebook profile Twitter account that boasts 6,266 followers at last count.
Stefon is also, not coincidentally, on Tumblr. Where he has found a spiritual home and needs for nothing.
This “OMG I’m so grateful you Reblogged me!!!1!” set comes from the generally old Hollywood-focused Tumblr TheStarsHaveLostTheirGlitter, which has broken out of its normal James Dean/Kate Winslet rut to feature this club kid fresh out of the alt-emo scene.
The set has 3760 notes, but expect that to grow as people realize they can actually friend Stefon on Facebook. Imagine the gloating points in junior high!
Lorraine Murphy is an Ottawa-based cybersecurity journalist and founding editor of the Cryptosphere. She has a keen interest in WikiLeaks and web culture, and her bylines have appeared in Salon, Vanity Fair, Serious Eats, and elsewhere.