- ‘Avengers: Endgame’ sticks the devastating landing—and gives you time to grieve 7 Years Ago
- Teen hits Apple with $1 billion lawsuit over alleged face recognition arrest 7 Years Ago
- John Cornyn tried to attack Patton Oswalt for his old tweets and failed miserably Today 4:29 PM
- Logan Paul is selling a pillow of his dead dog—for a good cause Today 4:04 PM
- Study: Too much Netflix, not enough ‘chill’ Today 3:36 PM
- Pete Buttigieg under fire for saying incarcerated Americans shouldn’t be allowed to vote Today 2:54 PM
- Vine’s co-founder is beta testing a new app called Byte Today 2:51 PM
- Report: Joe Biden’s first 2020 fundraiser will be with a Comcast executive Today 2:49 PM
- Netflix’s ‘Sabrina’ appears to have an art-copying problem Today 2:47 PM
- People are crying over these cats’ window-sill romance Today 2:27 PM
- The ‘I’m baby’ meme is all about being comforted Today 2:24 PM
- Parody video totally nails what men are like on Tinder Today 1:57 PM
- Twitch star AriLove latest woman to be arbitrarily banned for ‘sexually suggestive’ attire Today 1:47 PM
- The 18 best Korean beauty sheet masks Today 1:25 PM
- Report: 5,000 Twitter bots pushed ‘Russiagate hoax’ after Mueller report Today 11:15 AM
Saturday Night Live‘s beloved club kid returned to the Weekend Update on Saturday. Now you can friend him on Facebook.
Here at the Daily Dot, we swap GIF images with each other every morning. Now we’re looping you in. In the Morning GIF, we feature a popular—or just plain cool—GIF we found on Reddit, Canvas, or elsewhere on the Internet.
Last weekend saw the triumphant return of Stefon, Saturday Night Live’s beloved club kid, to the Weekend Update. And the world rejoiced.
After making his (apparently successful) move on Weekend Update host Seth Meyers, the club kid appears to have gone mainstream, with a Facebook profile Twitter account that boasts 6,266 followers at last count.
Stefon is also, not coincidentally, on Tumblr. Where he has found a spiritual home and needs for nothing.
This “OMG I’m so grateful you Reblogged me!!!1!” set comes from the generally old Hollywood-focused Tumblr TheStarsHaveLostTheirGlitter, which has broken out of its normal James Dean/Kate Winslet rut to feature this club kid fresh out of the alt-emo scene.
The set has 3760 notes, but expect that to grow as people realize they can actually friend Stefon on Facebook. Imagine the gloating points in junior high!
Lorraine Murphy is an Ottawa-based cybersecurity journalist and founding editor of the Cryptosphere. She has a keen interest in WikiLeaks and web culture, and her bylines have appeared in Salon, Vanity Fair, Serious Eats, and elsewhere.