- Former developer at software company deletes his code to protest its ties to ICE Saturday 4:21 PM
- A mysterious website is doxing Hong Kong protesters and journalists Saturday 1:44 PM
- The best ‘Skyrim’ followers and how to get them Saturday 1:26 PM
- Why Joel Osteen gets cyberbullied every time Houston floods Saturday 12:40 PM
- How to stream Jets vs. Patriots in Week 3 Saturday 12:39 PM
- 10 indie dating simulator games you should be playing Saturday 12:31 PM
- How to stream Packers vs. Broncos in Week 3 Saturday 12:14 PM
- Saudi crown prince’s former adviser suspended from Twitter Saturday 11:57 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs. Dolphins in Week 3 Saturday 11:57 AM
- YouTuber to pay restitution after a teen fan died copying her video Saturday 10:36 AM
- Antonio Brown sent ‘intimidating’ texts to an accuser, including a pic of her children Saturday 9:38 AM
- Facebook suspended tens of thousands of apps after Cambridge Analytica scandal Saturday 8:24 AM
- How to stream Browns vs. Rams on Sunday Night Football Saturday 6:00 AM
- How to watch ‘NFL Primetime’ on ESPN+ Saturday 5:00 AM
- How to stream Liverpool vs. Chelsea Friday 6:45 PM
The Morning GIF: You’re toast
Possessed kitchen appliance? Or most possessed kitchen appliance?
Here at the Daily Dot, we swap GIF images with each other every morning. Now we’re looping you in. In the Morning GIF, we feature a popular—or just plain cool—GIF we found on Reddit, Canvas, or elsewhere on the Internet.
Hell’s bells! Beelzebub’s microwave! Satan’s toaster!
If there were ever any question about which small kitchen appliance of the past century was the most accursed, the re-emergence of this video just cleared that right up. We can only assume it slipped out of Templar-like suppression while the Pope was distracted with Vatican Leaks.
In this truly priceless footage, a bouffant, buxom Floridian housewife patiently explains to interviewer Richard Dominick (who later produced Jerry Springer) that her toaster is possessed by the devil. As proof, she brandishes some burnt toast with the words, “SATAN LIVES,” clawed into it, as if by the points of otherworldly cloven hooves.
“Can you see that, Richard?”
When asked why she keeps an eldritch, soul-corrupting Hellspawn toaster suffusing malevolence in her otherwise god-fearing kitchen, she replies, “You know, Richard, when all is said and done, it makes good toast.”
That’s the spirit!
The video has had 300,000 views in just the last 12 hours. It’s a miracle!
Our second GIF was handmade with love (and presumably a pentagram) by our own Aja Romano, and shows the exact moment in the interview when Old Nick manifested on-camera. Nobody can resist a chance to appear on TV. Don your crucifix before saving to your hard drive.
This interview is truly a gift from the gods. Which ones? Well, that would be telling.
Lorraine Murphy is an Ottawa-based cybersecurity journalist and founding editor of the Cryptosphere. She has a keen interest in WikiLeaks and web culture, and her bylines have appeared in Salon, Vanity Fair, Serious Eats, and elsewhere.