- Is that Rosa Parks in random Twitter user’s baby photo? Tuesday 8:24 PM
- Syracuse students say white supremacist manifesto was AirDropped to them Tuesday 7:44 PM
- Florida woman gets prison time for throwing slushie at Matt Gaetz Tuesday 6:28 PM
- Marie Kondo’s online store slammed for selling clutter-worthy products Tuesday 5:34 PM
- People are rallying against toxic masculinity on International Men’s Day Tuesday 4:42 PM
- Reddit wants to stop its pro-Trump forum from outing the alleged whistleblower Tuesday 3:38 PM
- White woman calls cops on man who said he was visiting aunt with his kids Tuesday 3:12 PM
- ‘The Stranded’ is a flawed yet addictive blend of ‘Degrassi’ and ‘Lost’ Tuesday 2:45 PM
- The ‘gonna tell my kids’ meme is revisionist history at its most absurd Tuesday 2:24 PM
- Redditor asks former burglars to give home security tips Tuesday 2:18 PM
- Facebook-Breitbart partnership under fire in wake of new Stephen Miller emails Tuesday 2:00 PM
- John Krasinski under fire after praising the CIA Tuesday 1:46 PM
- Conservatives melt down after Chick-fil-A says it will stop donating to anti-LGBTQ orgs Tuesday 1:33 PM
- ‘Honey Boy’ is an experimental look at channeling trauma Tuesday 1:28 PM
- Disney+ now allows users to resume and restart content Tuesday 11:42 AM
The Morning GIF: Street Fighter’s Olympian
Rudy Fernandez took a fall in the men’s basketball finals, but it looks like some strange forces are to blame.
Here at the Daily Dot, we swap GIF images with each other every morning. Now we’re looping you in. In the Morning GIF, we feature a popular—or just plain cool—GIF we found on Reddit, Canvas, or elsewhere on the Internet.
Looks like somebody medaled in scenery chewing!
In the Olympic basketball final between Spain and the U.S., former NBA player and current Spanish hoopster Rudy Fernandez was grabbed by Andre Iguodala of the Team USA and went down. But he didn’t just drop; oh no, that’s for amateurs. His performance had a nuanced subtlety reminiscent of, say, William Shatner. According to ESPN, the NBC announcer was moved to state, “Rudy is one of the all-time good actors. Rudy looked like he got shot on that play on the way down, but you know what? When acting is rewarded, go ahead and do it.”
Or was he acting?
This GIF of Fernandez clearly taking a shot to the head from Guile of the game Street Fighter, could explain a great deal. The guy moves almost too fast to see! Where were the referees?!
It’s had an aesthetically perfect 1818 notes in the approximately 18 hours since it was uploaded.
Lorraine Murphy is an Ottawa-based cybersecurity journalist and founding editor of the Cryptosphere. She has a keen interest in WikiLeaks and web culture, and her bylines have appeared in Salon, Vanity Fair, Serious Eats, and elsewhere.