- ‘American Dreamer’ is a frustratingly basic crime thriller starring Jim Gaffigan 7 Years Ago
- ‘Smallville’ star Tom Welling will play Superman once again Today 6:43 AM
- How old is Beto O’Rourke? Today 6:30 AM
- How to stream Chiefs vs. Ravens in NFL Week 3 action Today 6:08 AM
- How to stream Saints vs. Seahawks in NFL Week 3 action Today 5:46 AM
- Reddit Relationships: Man laughs at girlfriend for using Microsoft PowerPoint during sex Thursday 8:59 PM
- The 15 Brad Pitt movies you need to see now, ranked Thursday 8:26 PM
- Facebook could face legal action over the Area 51 event Thursday 6:50 PM
- How to stream Texans vs. Chargers in NFL Week 3 action Thursday 6:40 PM
- Tekashi 69 alleges Cardi B was a Bloods gang member Thursday 5:55 PM
- Right-wing sites falsely claimed group of Somalis attacked man in viral video Thursday 5:00 PM
- Big creators risk losing checkmarks amid YouTube verification purge Thursday 4:56 PM
- How to stream Eagles vs. Lions in NFL Week 3 action Thursday 4:52 PM
- How to stream Steelers vs. 49ers in NFL Week 3 action Thursday 4:10 PM
- How to stream Bills vs. Bengals in NFL Week 3 action Thursday 4:03 PM
The Morning GIF: Street Fighter’s Olympian
Rudy Fernandez took a fall in the men’s basketball finals, but it looks like some strange forces are to blame.
Here at the Daily Dot, we swap GIF images with each other every morning. Now we’re looping you in. In the Morning GIF, we feature a popular—or just plain cool—GIF we found on Reddit, Canvas, or elsewhere on the Internet.
Looks like somebody medaled in scenery chewing!
In the Olympic basketball final between Spain and the U.S., former NBA player and current Spanish hoopster Rudy Fernandez was grabbed by Andre Iguodala of the Team USA and went down. But he didn’t just drop; oh no, that’s for amateurs. His performance had a nuanced subtlety reminiscent of, say, William Shatner. According to ESPN, the NBC announcer was moved to state, “Rudy is one of the all-time good actors. Rudy looked like he got shot on that play on the way down, but you know what? When acting is rewarded, go ahead and do it.”
Or was he acting?
This GIF of Fernandez clearly taking a shot to the head from Guile of the game Street Fighter, could explain a great deal. The guy moves almost too fast to see! Where were the referees?!
It’s had an aesthetically perfect 1818 notes in the approximately 18 hours since it was uploaded.
Lorraine Murphy is an Ottawa-based cybersecurity journalist and founding editor of the Cryptosphere. She has a keen interest in WikiLeaks and web culture, and her bylines have appeared in Salon, Vanity Fair, Serious Eats, and elsewhere.