- Poster for ‘Once Upon a Time in Hollywood’ gets mercilessly roasted 7 Years Ago
- How to steam March Madness 2019 for free 7 Years Ago
- Trump maintains attack on late John McCain 7 Years Ago
- How to know if someone blocked you on Snapchat Today 6:30 AM
- Drag queens are calling on DirecTV to keep Viacom channels Today 6:16 AM
- Daniel Caesar dons cape for whiteness—and gets canceled Wednesday 4:29 PM
- Triton is a new malware ‘deliberately’ designed to put lives at risk Wednesday 3:23 PM
- ‘Into the Dark: I’m Just F*cking with You’ is one of the series’ best Wednesday 1:54 PM
- Trump’s latest prop, a map of ISIS, gets memed Wednesday 12:54 PM
- HBO sends fans on a global scavenger hunt for 6 Iron Thrones Wednesday 11:51 AM
- The Awkward Family Photos game is Cards Against Humanity for meme lovers Wednesday 11:50 AM
- London firefighters’ organization accuses ‘Peppa Pig’ of sexism Wednesday 11:41 AM
- YouTuber accused of abusing her children to make kid-friendly content Wednesday 11:20 AM
- Ari Fleischer’s Iraq War tweet isn’t going over well Wednesday 10:54 AM
- Cop arrested for recording man’s genitals, forcing mentally ill man to twerk Wednesday 10:37 AM
Be warned: These hip thrusts are too hot and hypnotic too handle.
Here at the Daily Dot, we have an unofficial tradition of sharing GIF images with each other every morning. Now we’re looping you into the circle. In the Morning GIF, we feature a popular—or just plain cool—GIF we found on Reddit, Canvas, or elsewhere on the Internet.
In some dystopian, disco future that oddly resembles the 1970s, this animated GIF will be the ultimate psychological weapon.
The same way a glaring pair of headlights can freeze a deer in its tracks, this GIF can suck an unprepared viewer into an impenetrable state of stupefied awe.
Of course, there is a source for all this. But, really, who needs to know where it came from? All you need to know is this: Once your eyes lock on to those swaying geriatric disco hips, they will never look away.
Kevin Morris is a veteran web reporter and editor who specializes in longform journalism. He led the Daily Dot’s esports vertical and, following its acquisition by GAMURS in late 2016, launched Dot Esports, where he serves as the site’s editor-in-chief.