- Netflix’s ‘The Confession Killer’ is a devastating and well-built portrait of a con artist 3 Weeks Ago
- Swipe This! I’m ashamed to tell anyone about my online shopping habit Today 6:00 AM
- UPS facing backlash for thanking police after employee killed in shootout Saturday 5:02 PM
- Sanders campaign fires staffer after anti-Semitic, homophobic tweets surface Saturday 3:13 PM
- Brother Nature was attacked, says everyone just watched with phones out Saturday 2:45 PM
- Ryan Reynolds’ gin company hires Peloton wife for ad Saturday 1:24 PM
- Ex-vegan YouTuber accused of fraud after following meat-only diet Saturday 1:11 PM
- The 15 best Disney+ hidden gems and deep cuts Saturday 12:23 PM
- Everyone in GoFundMe scam involving homeless veteran has now pleaded guilty Saturday 12:06 PM
- Boy invites kindergarten class to his adoption–and people are emotional Saturday 11:56 AM
- Reddit links leaked trade deal documents to Russian campaign Saturday 10:44 AM
- How to stream Alistair Overeem vs. Jairzinho Rozenstruik Saturday 8:30 AM
- Amazon sends customers condoms and soap instead of Nintendo Switch Saturday 8:28 AM
- How to live stream Jermall Charlo vs. Dennis Hogan Saturday 8:00 AM
- Apple TV’s ‘Truth Be Told’ is a criminally dull drama Saturday 6:00 AM
Miss Fame rejected an offer to appear in a Justin Bieber music video after the singer’s team offered her only $500. The drag queen and beauty mogul is now calling out the entire industry for trying to exploit LGBTQIA+ artists.
According to Paper, she shared a screenshot of an offer text from a member of Bieber’s team. Miss Fame expressed outrage over their compensation offer in a series of Instagram stories.
User KLJohnnes later shared screenshots of Miss Fame’s stories on Reddit.
“Texted with MF [Miss Fame] and wondering if she is IN LA on Nov 14 (this coming Thurs) to cameo in the new Justin Bieber music video,” the alleged message reads. “We only have $500 and cars to offer along with AN AMAZING EXPERIENCE. … JB would love her to be in the video as the ONE AND ONLY drag QUEEN!”
Miss Fame, who rose to prominence for being a RuPaul’s Drag Race contestant, then directed her response at “@justinbieber team” in a follow-up Instagram story.
“If you want to involve LGBTQIA+ Artist in a JB music videos, I suggest respectable compensation/rate for their (mine) time & talent,” she wrote, per Paper. “I can’t pay my rent off of the ‘honor’ or ‘experience.'”
She also had words for other industry brands she says are “attempting to look good for the Gay dollar,” while not properly investing in the community.
“You do not have permission to tokenize my talent, my queerness is not a trend, ” she wrote, per KLJohnnes’ Reddit post. “If you request my services, pay my rate. I have bills to pay.”
- Justin Bieber weighs in on fight of the century, Logan Paul vs. KSI II
- Justin Bieber is getting dunked on after challenging Tom Cruise to a fight
- Ocasio-Cortez met a famous drag queen–and the right melted down
- How to watch ‘RuPaul’s Drag Race’ season 11 online for free
Tiffanie Drayton is a geek culture and lifestyle reporter whose work covers everything from gender and race to anime and Xbox. Her work has appeared in Complex, Salon, Marie Claire, Playboy, and elsewhere.