- Daniel Caesar dons cape for whiteness—and gets canceled Wednesday 4:29 PM
- Triton is a new malware ‘deliberately’ designed to put lives at risk Wednesday 3:23 PM
- ‘Into the Dark: I’m Just F*cking with You’ is one of the series’ best Wednesday 1:54 PM
- Trump’s latest prop, a map of ISIS, gets memed Wednesday 12:54 PM
- HBO sends fans on a global scavenger hunt for 6 Iron Thrones Wednesday 11:51 AM
- The Awkward Family Photos game is Cards Against Humanity for meme lovers Wednesday 11:50 AM
- London firefighters’ organization accuses ‘Peppa Pig’ of sexism Wednesday 11:41 AM
- YouTuber accused of abusing her children to make kid-friendly content Wednesday 11:20 AM
- Ari Fleischer’s Iraq War tweet isn’t going over well Wednesday 10:54 AM
- Cop arrested for recording man’s genitals, forcing mentally ill man to twerk Wednesday 10:37 AM
- MoviePass rebrands its unlimited plan, again Wednesday 10:37 AM
- Former Alaska senator launches meme-filled 2020 primary campaign Wednesday 10:17 AM
- The Shane Dawson cat controversy has resulted in these sex memes Wednesday 10:06 AM
- Sarah Sanders mocks CNN reporter with ‘dear diary’ tweet Wednesday 9:03 AM
- Know what you’re signing up for thanks to these dating site reviews Wednesday 8:58 AM
Lil Bub shows Michelle Obama her sweet workout moves
The First Lady and the Internet’s favorite cat combine forces.
As she has looked to promote her healthy eating and education initiatives to young Americans, Michelle Obama has turned to the Internet. The First Lady’s friends within the online video industry include Tyler Oakley, Michelle Phan, and Billy Eichner, and she’s now joining forces with her cutest collaborator yet. As her Let’s Move campaign celebrates its fifth anniversary, FLOTUS has guest starred on The Lil Bub Show alongside adorable Internet cat Lil Bub.
On the latest episode of The Lil Bub Show, FLOTUS asks Bub to celebrate the five-year anniversary of Let’s Move by coming up with five ways for kids to stay in shape. The celebrity cat one-ups the First Lady by showing off six different exercise routines in a montage that would make Rocky Balboa proud:
Lil Bub may seem like an unusual partner for the First Lady, but the 3-year-old feline has experience serving as a political spokescat. She appears on the cover of 50 Bands & a Cat for Indiana Equality, a compilation album that protests the controversial Religious Freedom Act in Bub’s home state. Profits from the album will be donated to local organizations that fight for LGBT rights.
Bub’s owner, Mike Bridavsky, understands how these political videos can rub fans the wrong way. “I got a lot of messages from [people],” he said, referring to the response he received to a 2012 post he wrote in support of women’s rights, “who explained that they come to Bub to get away from politics.” But Bub’s video with the First Lady is entirely harmless stuff. Anyone who doesn’t want Bub to get too political will calm down once she shows her adorable face.
Screengrab via Lil BUB/YouTube