- ‘Game of Thrones’ failed women—and it’s a shame on its legacy Today 7:40 AM
- How to use Tor, the network that lets you browse the web anonymously Today 7:30 AM
- How to live stream Devin Haney vs. Antonio Moran on DAZN Today 7:00 AM
- Trump’s transphobic policies are disgusting—but they aren’t new Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch the Copa del Rey Final online for free Today 5:45 AM
- How to watch the DFB-Pokal final for free Today 5:30 AM
- Curvy Wife Guy drops music video for rap song ‘Chubby Sexy’ Friday 7:33 PM
- A ‘Black Mirror’ spinoff mini-series is coming to YouTube via Netflix Latin America Friday 5:56 PM
- Kanye West appears on David Letterman’s Netflix show to talk Trump, TMZ, and Drake Friday 3:27 PM
- QAnon believers link small-town arrest to deep state conspiracy without evidence Friday 1:58 PM
- Instagram photos showing prison conditions spark massive protest Friday 1:33 PM
- ‘Gay rat wedding’ headline sparks amazing new meme Friday 1:03 PM
- ‘I read a gossip piece’ meme mocks Moby’s Instagram post Friday 12:39 PM
- Rotten Tomatoes wants to see your ticket stub to leave a verified review Friday 11:46 AM
- ‘Sonic the Hedgehog’ movie delayed to 2020 to fix his look Friday 11:39 AM
Lil Bub shows Michelle Obama her sweet workout moves
The First Lady and the Internet’s favorite cat combine forces.
As she has looked to promote her healthy eating and education initiatives to young Americans, Michelle Obama has turned to the Internet. The First Lady’s friends within the online video industry include Tyler Oakley, Michelle Phan, and Billy Eichner, and she’s now joining forces with her cutest collaborator yet. As her Let’s Move campaign celebrates its fifth anniversary, FLOTUS has guest starred on The Lil Bub Show alongside adorable Internet cat Lil Bub.
On the latest episode of The Lil Bub Show, FLOTUS asks Bub to celebrate the five-year anniversary of Let’s Move by coming up with five ways for kids to stay in shape. The celebrity cat one-ups the First Lady by showing off six different exercise routines in a montage that would make Rocky Balboa proud:
Lil Bub may seem like an unusual partner for the First Lady, but the 3-year-old feline has experience serving as a political spokescat. She appears on the cover of 50 Bands & a Cat for Indiana Equality, a compilation album that protests the controversial Religious Freedom Act in Bub’s home state. Profits from the album will be donated to local organizations that fight for LGBT rights.
Bub’s owner, Mike Bridavsky, understands how these political videos can rub fans the wrong way. “I got a lot of messages from [people],” he said, referring to the response he received to a 2012 post he wrote in support of women’s rights, “who explained that they come to Bub to get away from politics.” But Bub’s video with the First Lady is entirely harmless stuff. Anyone who doesn’t want Bub to get too political will calm down once she shows her adorable face.
Screengrab via Lil BUB/YouTube