Meghan Trainor singing ‘All About That Bass’ to the tune of ‘Bad Guy’ is a remix we never knew we needed
- Pete Buttigieg mocked over ‘staged’ walking photo 2 Weeks Ago
- Louise Linton deletes pro-Greta Thunberg Instagram post Today 10:58 AM
- ‘Crip Camp’ shows how a radical summer camp was monumental to the disability rights movement Today 9:08 AM
- How to live stream the 2020 Grammy Awards Today 7:00 AM
- Technology created deepfakes—does it have a way to stop them, too? Today 6:30 AM
- SESTA-FOSTA is ‘detrimental’ to sex workers’ safety, study confirms Today 6:00 AM
- Jeff Bezos’ girlfriend allegedly sent his nudes to her brother, who then leaked them Saturday 6:38 PM
- This Instagram account catches influencers in the wild Saturday 5:42 PM
- The best upcoming video games to look out for in February 2020 Saturday 5:23 PM
- TikTok teens use AirPods and Google Translate to secretly talk in class Saturday 4:32 PM
- Video shows corpses of coronavirus victims lying in China hospital Saturday 3:44 PM
- Kid meets Slipknot after drumming video goes viral Saturday 2:30 PM
- Channing Tatum responds to troll who tried to compare Jenna Dewan and Jessie J’s looks Saturday 1:46 PM
- Grindr pulls an ‘I don’t know her’ after Eminem suggests he uses the app Saturday 12:48 PM
- Here are the top 10 most popular Instagram models in 2020 Saturday 12:21 PM
If you’ve ever listened to Billie Eilish’s “Bad Guy” and thought to yourself, “Gee, I really love this, but I wish it had the words to Meghan Trainor‘s ‘All About That Bass’ playing over it instead,” it’s your lucky day! (Duh.)
Trainor popped in to chat with the guys at BBC Radio 1 earlier this week and decided to give us all a little treat by singing her 2014 hit single while the music track for “Bad Guy” played underneath it.
And it was actually pretty great.
“That messes with my mind,” BBC Radio 1 tweeted out after the interview. “Meghan Trainor sang ‘All About That Bass’ to the tune of ‘Bad Guy’ by Billie Eilish and she absolutely smashed it.”
“This is a f*cking bop,” Trainor declared. “I left all of you guys for a moment. I was like, why is this my favorite song?”
Trainor isn’t the only one entranced by her own musical stylings (ft. Eilish). The clip is making the rounds, as everyone imagines the alternate universe in which Trainor and Eilish share a really intimate musical space.
“I need the studio version of this ASAP,” Twitter user @casbrittney wrote, a sentiment quickly echoed by plenty of other fans.
I. Need. This. Full. Version. Right. Now! 😻😍— Justin Click (@HeyYo_JClick) January 9, 2020
this kinda slaps— Y (@bilfavor) January 8, 2020
ok she kinda snapped— 𝔾𝔼𝕆 (@RODEOGRANDE) January 8, 2020
Is there a proper Trainor/Eilish collab on the horizon? Or maybe a universe in which Trainor tries singing all of her songs over Eilish’s songs? Either way, we’re hoping Eilish responds, preferably with a song of her own. We can literally never have too many remixes!
Rachel Kiley is a writer who sometimes writes things and sometimes is based in L.A., but is definitely always on Twitter @rachelkiley.