- Where to stream ‘Zombieland’ before ‘Double Tap’ comes out 7 Years Ago
- ‘Deadpool’ screenwriter says that Disney sequel will still be R-rated 7 Years Ago
- #DeleteFacebook trends amid report of Zuckerberg meeting with prominent conservatives 7 Years Ago
- The Pixelbook Go is Google’s first attempt at a mid-range Chromebook 7 Years Ago
- All the games coming to Google Stadia Today 10:49 AM
- Google just announced a line of Nest-branded smart home products Today 10:36 AM
- ‘Fake news’ is helping conspiracy theorists deny Turkish atrocities Today 10:15 AM
- YouTuber immediately loses gig with Sanders campaign over sexualized MLK video Today 9:59 AM
- John Bolton becomes the most uncomfortable resistance hero yet Today 9:16 AM
- Robert Eggers on the long, hard road to ‘The Lighthouse’ Today 9:10 AM
- How to watch the fourth 2020 Democratic debate Today 9:00 AM
- Is social media normalizing cultural appropriation? Today 7:45 AM
- Zoë Kravitz will play Catwoman after being told she was too ‘urban’ for ‘Dark Knight Rises’ Today 6:36 AM
- The 5 best Spike Lee movies Today 5:00 AM
- Jesse Eisenberg and Imogen Poots visit suburban hell in ‘Vivarium’ Today 4:30 AM
McKayla Maroney is not impressed, but she is a meme
The Olympic gymnast’s face after failing to win gold in her best event, the vault, has inspired a funny single-serving Tumblr.
If you’re looking for validation from McKayla Maroney, you’re not going to get it, as the American gymnast is continually unimpressed with everything.
On McKayla is Not Impressed, a disappointed Maroney proves that nothing can impress her. The single-serving Tumblr contains 24 posts since it started Tuesday.
Her face of distraction is from last Sunday’s competition on the vault, where she was heavily favored. After acing her first jump, she failed to stick the landing on her second attempt, which cost her the gold medal. She ended up winning a silver medal, but that didn’t arouse Maroney, who thought she was a lock for the gold.
What does Maroney find unimpressive? A lot of things! The Mars landing event doesn’t do much for her, the capture of Osama bin Laden riles up her best “meh” reaction, and she’s finds Kanye West’s mischievous act of stealing the microphone from Taylor Swift rather childish.
And judging by her reaction, we already know how she feels about this article.
Photos via McKayla Is Not Impressed
A former editorial operations specialist and staff writer for the Daily Dot, Jordan Valinsky is a tech reporter and web culture commentator. His work has been published by the Week, Digiday, CNNMoney, Popular Mechanics, Vice, Mic, and Betabeat.