- Actress’ tweet calling out fellow passenger for not moving seats backfires 8 Years Ago
- The 10 most influential hashtags of the decade Today 6:30 AM
- A lonely grandma sought family to spend Christmas with on Craigslist Saturday 5:45 PM
- Airbnb bans white supremacists tied to Iron March forum Saturday 5:07 PM
- Did a Twitter user really get tricked into naming baby ‘Jack Ingof’? Saturday 4:46 PM
- State of emergency declared in New Orleans following ‘cyberattack’ Saturday 4:12 PM
- Video shows boy getting beat up–mom says it’s because he wore MAGA hat Saturday 3:54 PM
- Billboard changing albums chart to count YouTube streams Saturday 2:43 PM
- TikTok’s 20 most popular songs of 2019 Saturday 2:14 PM
- Greek gods memes are flooding Reddit thanks to TV reboot rumors Saturday 1:47 PM
- Anti-impeachment protesters aimlessly fumble through halls of Congress Saturday 12:54 PM
- Everything we know so far about the Xbox Series X Saturday 12:17 PM
- ASMR YouTuber Life with MaK says she was branded a ‘Nazi’ by online smear campaign Saturday 10:46 AM
- Voters duped by fake ex-Bloomberg intern’s tweet about being fired Saturday 9:47 AM
- HBO’s ‘Watchmen’ and the fantasy of competence Saturday 8:00 AM
Here’s a blunt look at 4/20, the unofficial stoner’s holiday, through the eyes of the Internet. Breathe deep. Or not.
Happy 4/20, the unofficial holiday celebrating marijuana!
Just how many people celebrate 420 anyway? The Washington Post estimates at least 14.7 million people smoke weed in the United States (2010 numbers), so we’re banking the answer is “a lot.”
As you ready your pipe, bong, bowl or whatever apparatus you have at hand for weed smoking (not that we’d condone such an act) enjoy these videos celebrating the act of toking.
Check out this YouTube video of student celebrations at the University of Colorodo Boulder in 2010. Estimates put the crowd size at more than 10,000. (Parents, avert your eyes, unless you’re in the crowd.)
These two hipsters, with their bong, get so high, they swap bodies somehow. They also make fun of the Huffington Post.
“There Will Be Bud” is a parody of the 2007 movie There Will Be Blood, replacing oil with weed. You might want a milkshake afterward.
Here’s a one-minute, 28-second video, done in a pixelated art style, mimicking what getting high is like. Apparently, it involves flying through the air on a rainbow dodging snacks otherwise known as munchies, Nyan Cat style.
This music video, by the local Los Angeles band YRF Squad asks “Can we get much higher?” That depends.
For people into lists, Watch Mojo’s has compiled a list of their top 10 stoner scenes in movies, and this YouTube video purports to have the top 10 best songs to smoke weed to. The Daily Dot can’t vouch 100 percent for both selections as being the very best, but we weren’t disappointed either.
Or, if videos aren’t your thing, check out the Daily Dot’s favorite crowdsourced comic on the act of pot-smoking, “Africa.”
Fruzsina Eördögh was the Daily Dot's first YouTube reporter. In addition to working as a producer for the now-defunct digital channel TouchVision TV, Eördögh has been published by Vice, the Christian Science Monitor, the Guardian, Variety, and Slate.