- Mark Zuckerberg gives a revisionist history about why he started Facebook in big speech 7 Years Ago
- Would Hitler be allowed to tweet? Today 10:21 AM
- Twitch star Amouranth caught driving while streaming Today 9:26 AM
- John Mulaney rails on e-scooters after ‘baby boomer’ nearly hits his dog Today 9:07 AM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Newcastle Today 9:00 AM
- How to stream Atletico Madrid vs. Valencia Today 9:00 AM
- ‘Bully. Coward. Victim.’ dives deep into the life of an ‘evil’ man Today 8:42 AM
- Paul Rudd acts his tail off in Netflix’s ‘Living With Yourself’ Today 8:15 AM
- Amazon’s ‘Modern Love’ adaptation feels like an ad for love Today 7:00 AM
- Paul Dano will play the Riddler in ‘The Batman’ Today 6:59 AM
- How Fakku pulled classic dating game True Love ’95 out of licensing hell Today 6:00 AM
- This Twitter account is parodying Amazon customer service Thursday 8:52 PM
- How to live stream Oleksandr Gvozdyk vs. Artur Beterbiev Thursday 7:00 PM
- Shaggy says an online scammer is impersonating him Thursday 6:53 PM
- IRL Barbie Malibu Dreamhouse available to rent on Airbnb Thursday 6:16 PM
Here’s a blunt look at 4/20, the unofficial stoner’s holiday, through the eyes of the Internet. Breathe deep. Or not.
Happy 4/20, the unofficial holiday celebrating marijuana!
Just how many people celebrate 420 anyway? The Washington Post estimates at least 14.7 million people smoke weed in the United States (2010 numbers), so we’re banking the answer is “a lot.”
As you ready your pipe, bong, bowl or whatever apparatus you have at hand for weed smoking (not that we’d condone such an act) enjoy these videos celebrating the act of toking.
Check out this YouTube video of student celebrations at the University of Colorodo Boulder in 2010. Estimates put the crowd size at more than 10,000. (Parents, avert your eyes, unless you’re in the crowd.)
These two hipsters, with their bong, get so high, they swap bodies somehow. They also make fun of the Huffington Post.
“There Will Be Bud” is a parody of the 2007 movie There Will Be Blood, replacing oil with weed. You might want a milkshake afterward.
Here’s a one-minute, 28-second video, done in a pixelated art style, mimicking what getting high is like. Apparently, it involves flying through the air on a rainbow dodging snacks otherwise known as munchies, Nyan Cat style.
This music video, by the local Los Angeles band YRF Squad asks “Can we get much higher?” That depends.
For people into lists, Watch Mojo’s has compiled a list of their top 10 stoner scenes in movies, and this YouTube video purports to have the top 10 best songs to smoke weed to. The Daily Dot can’t vouch 100 percent for both selections as being the very best, but we weren’t disappointed either.
Or, if videos aren’t your thing, check out the Daily Dot’s favorite crowdsourced comic on the act of pot-smoking, “Africa.”
Fruzsina Eördögh was the Daily Dot's first YouTube reporter. In addition to working as a producer for the now-defunct digital channel TouchVision TV, Eördögh has been published by Vice, the Christian Science Monitor, the Guardian, Variety, and Slate.